✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Best Coldplay Song Ever" Competition

heelsrule1988

Obviously, all of us here love Coldplay. To us, they are the greatest band in history. We could go on and on talking about our favorite Coldplay songs, which makes one particular question very difficult to answer: which song is Coldplay's best? To answer that question, I've created a competition to determine which song is the best of them all. Over the next five weeks, 61 of Coldplay's songs will battle it out in a qualifying round (AKA pool play), and 32 of those songs will advance to a single-elimination tournament. In pool play, the songs will be divided into six pools (one for each album, one for Prospekt's March, and one for eight songs that were never on an album), and will play each song in their pool once. After pool play is complete, the top six songs in each of the four album pools and the top four songs in each of the two remaining pools will advance to the 32-song tournament play. Of course, the winner of each matchup will be determined by your votes. In each day of pool play (with the exception of the final two days), there will be 10 matchups to vote on. Please vote in every matchup per day, as uneven voting can cause an imbalance in the competition. Once you vote on one matchup, just click the back button in your browser after the results page appears, and you can vote on the remaining matchups in the same way. The voting period for each day will end at exactly midnight (ET), and very shortly after, a new voting day will begin (I will attempt to have everything set for the next voting day almost immediately after the previous voting day ends, but I can't promise punctuality every night). There will be no tiebreakers to determine the winner of a pool play matchup (they will simply count as ties), but in a tournament play matchup, higher seed will be the first tiebreaker. If that fails to break the tie, then the second tiebreaker will be largest margin of victory throughout the entire competition. Margin of victory will also be the tiebreaker used to determine tournament play seeding after pool play is complete. So... I think that's about all you need to know. I look forward to a highly-competitive five weeks with lots of participation from all of you!

Bracket | Schedule | Pool Play Standings

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, all of us here love Coldplay[/color][/b]. To us, they are the greatest band in history. We could go on and on talking about our favorite Coldplay songs, which makes one particular question very difficult to answer: which song is Coldplay's best? To answer that question, I've created a competition to determine which song is the best of them all. Over the next five weeks, 61 of Coldplay's songs will battle it out in a qualifying round (AKA pool play), and 32 of those songs will advance to a single-elimination tournament. In pool play, the songs will be divided into six pools (one for each album, one for Prospekt's March, and one for eight songs that were never on an album), and will play each song in their pool once. After pool play is complete, the top six songs in each of the four album pools and the top four songs in each of the two remaining pools will advance to the 32-song tournament play. Of course, the winner of each matchup will be determined by your votes. In each day of pool play (with the exception of the final two days), there will be 10 matchups to vote on. Please vote in every matchup per day, as uneven voting can cause an imbalance in the competition. Once you vote on one matchup, just click the back button in your browser after the results page appears, and you can vote on the remaining matchups in the same way. The voting period for each day will end at exactly midnight (ET), and very shortly after, a new voting day will begin (I will attempt to have everything set for the next voting day almost immediately after the previous voting day ends, but I can't promise punctuality every night). There will be no tiebreakers to determine the winner of a pool play matchup (they will simply count as ties), but in a tournament play matchup, higher seed will be the first tiebreaker. If that fails to break the tie, then the second tiebreaker will be largest margin of victory throughout the entire competition. Margin of victory will also be the tiebreaker used to determine tournament play seeding after pool play is complete. So... I think that's about all you need to know. I look forward to a highly-competitive five weeks with lots of participation from all of you!

Voting Page | Schedule | Pool Play Standings

thats not true, there are some (alot) non-coldplay lovers/haters here :uneasy:

but it's still an awesome idea I'm in :lol:

Remember folks... I'm glad to see that there's a lot of votes so far, but remember that this is only day one. Let's have this kind of participation continue throughout the entire five weeks... vote every day!

Also... I'm seeing some uneven voting. Remember to vote on each matchup!

So.............we just....vote for songs? :thinking: /too lazy to read the first post

thats not true, there are some (alot) non-coldplay lovers/haters here :uneasy: [/color]

but it's still an awesome idea I'm in :lol:

:cool3:

I love all this enthusiasm... you guys are really getting into it. :D

Some of you may think that pool play is going to take too long, but think about it this way. In this competition, pool play is like a tournament within a tournament, because before the single-elimination tournament begins, we'll find out what the best songs on each album are.