✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Community Center near Ground Zero becoming political football

mksh24

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MUSLIM MISS USA IS EXTREMELY SEXY

And she's clearly got her head screwed on too.;)

Oh and that shit made me sick about the idiots attacking that guy wearing a hat.

I totally agree, but the fact is, none of this would have happened if common sense had prevailed in the first place.

It should have been obvious to everyone concerned how this would all end up.:dozey:

Wow at some of those signs. People are so fucking dumb the Muslim community center isn't on ground zero. Where they want to build the community center use to be a fucking burlington coat factory two blocks away.

The moment an angry crowd protesting against Ground Zero mosque turns on man in a skullcap... because they think he is a Muslim

INSERT ANNOYING DAILY MAIL ARTICLE HERE

Retards. Absolute retards. Of course they have a right to protest, but peacefully. And models usually concentrate on looks rather than intelligence, look at my old social studies teacher. :rolleyes:

Oh and that shit made me sick about the idiots attacking that guy wearing a hat.

Yeah, me too. :|

A Jewish hat?:confused:

Because that's what the "victim" was apparently wearing. Or did you mean the "hard" hat being worn by the construction worker?

No, I'd say that's more of a swimcap then a yarmulke. Besides, if they're against a mosque, you'd think they'd attack someone who looks Muslim. Not someone who some people think is Jewish. Not that they should attack anybody at all, it's unacceptable.

The people against the "mosque" abuse the random people on the street?

Looks like it.

Wow at some of those signs. People are so fucking dumb the Muslim community center isn't on ground zero. Where they want to build the community center use to be a fucking burlington coat factory two blocks away.

Woooowww. A Burlington Coat Factory? Didn't know that.

Retards. Absolute retards. Of course they have a right to protest, but peacefully. And models usually concentrate on looks rather than intelligence, look at my old social studies teacher. :rolleyes:

Stereotyping much?:dozey:

Not that they should attack anybody at all, it's unacceptable.

Obviously - but something like this was always likely to happen, unfortunately.

It's only likely to escalate too.:(

Stereotyping much?:dozey:

Obviously - but something like this was always likely to happen, unfortunately.

It's only likely to escalate too.:(

:rolleyes: Of course not. Just going on experience from my Miss. New Jersey teacher. :|

Then the NYPD should patrol around there more often and make sure they don't get out of hand. Just like they're doing in Staten Island for the gang violence.

Islamic cleric behind Ground Zero mosque says U.S. has killed more innocent civilians than Al Qaeda

By Daniel Bates

Last updated at 7:30 PM on 24th August 2010

The Islamic cleric behind the mosque at New York’s Ground Zero has sparked fury by claiming the United States is worse than Al Qaeda.

In an interview Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf said that America is more culpable than the terrorist organisation because U.S.-led sanctions led to the death of half a million Iraqi children.

'We tend to forget, in the West, that the United States has more Muslim blood on its hands than Al Qaeda has on its hands of innocent non-Muslims,' he said.

article-0-0AD6E954000005DC-203_468x286.jpg Controversial remarks: Islamic cleric Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf has sparked outrage by claiming America has killed more innocent civilians than Al Qaeda

The comments were made in 2005 but give a revealing insight into the man who is the driving force to put a £70million mosque two blocks away from where the Twin Towers once stood.

They also raise further questions over whether or not funding for the project will come from regimes that back terrorists, something the mosque leaders have refused to rule out.

You guys,

I love your outspokenness! :D

America and it's democracy (which the world is sick of) means the freedom to practice any religion and the exaggerations made about this mosque are outrageous!

Those protesters seriously need a chill pill because their view is racist, oppressive and dangerous.

By singling out one "type" of people (whether it be based on religion, race or whatever) and you start to critisize them, THAT'S how a holocaust begins!

Thank you to all you guys, from the bottom of my heart, for voicing your opinions and making yourselves heard. :)

Oh and the mosque is 4 blocks away! FOUR BLOCKS AWAY! You can't even see it from the WTC!

and it's a community centre, with a praying facility inside. I don't believe you can call the decision "distasteful" as I don't believe anyone did this on purpose.

You know what? Just watch this video and you'll understand:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZpT2Muxoo0]YouTube- Keith Olbermann Special Comment: There Is No 'Ground Zero Mosque' - 08/16/10[/ame]

and it's a community centre, with a praying facility inside. I don't believe you can call the decision "distasteful" as I don't believe anyone did this on purpose.

So what about the plan to start building work on the tenth anniversary of 9/11? Don't you think that's distasteful or suspicious?:dozey:

Of all the days in the year, they have to choose that one?

Revealed: The criminal past of developer who wants to build mosque at Ground Zero

By Mail Foreign Service

Last updated at 9:07 PM on 31st August 2010

The developer hoping to build a mosque near to the site of the September 11 attacks has a string of criminal convictions, it has emerged.

Sharif El-Gamal, a muslim, heads a property investment firm that owns the New York building where the $100 million (£65m) Islamic centre would open.

But the 37-year-old has a chequered past.

article-1307774-0AE82D42000005DC-802_468x309.jpg Controversial plans: Sharif el-Gamal is the developer behind the £65m Park51 centre near the site of the September 11 attacks, which will include a mosque

He pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in 1990, driving while intoxicated in 1992 and attempted petit larceny (theft) in 1993.

The following year he was arrested on a charge of patronising a prostitute, which was pleaded down to disorderly conduct.

More...

He also pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct after an arrest in 1998 for petit larceny, which was dropped to possession of stolen property, and after an arrest in 1999 for trespassing.

In 2006, El-Gamal was sued by a tenant who said the developer had roughed him up in a rent dispute. El-Gamal denied the claims, arguing that the tenant had attacked him.

The case was settled in 2008, records show. The tenant's lawyer said El-Gamal paid Vassiliev $15,000 (£10,000).

El-Gamal blamed his transgressions on his age at the time.

'I regret many things that I did in my youth. I have not always led a perfect life,' he said in a statement.

'My faith teaches me every day about humility. I have been humbled by my imperfections. But my faith also teaches me about forgiveness.

'While I might not be proud of some of my actions in the past, I am extremely proud of the Park51 project and what it will mean to thousands of New Yorkers of all faiths and denominations who live in Lower Manhattan.'

article-1307774-0AEB4DF5000005DC-406_468x314.jpg Anger: A protester demonstrates outside the intended site of the mosque

The plans for what is being referred to as the 'Ground Zero mosque' have led to a national discussion over freedom of religion and the sensitivities of the relatives of September 11 victims, with everyone from President Barack Obama to Miss USA weighing in.

Some conservative candidates have seized on the issue as midterm elections near.

El-Gamal, the son of a Polish mother and Egyptian father, said it had never occurred to him that building the Islamic centre so near to Ground Zero would heighten tension.

He told CBS News that it hadn't crossed his mind because 'I did not hold myself or my faith accountable for the tragedy'.

He said the centre, which would include a health club, exhibition space and a September 11 memorial, should be 'universally known as a hub of culture, a hub of coexistence, a hub of bringing people together'.

Before Brooklyn-born El-Gamal was the centre of attention, he had only a few modest property deals to his name.