✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Community Center near Ground Zero becoming political football

mksh24

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the families of the 11th September victim's who rightly made the fuss, followed by US citizens. Point still being- just because they have the right to locate there, does not make it right. I say prove your compassion for the victims and families and situation in whole,and show that being a peaceful and respectful lot is the way to win over those who hate/have concern or fear.

Why pour salt into a still gaping wound.

That's why I said it was a question of common sense, not government intervention.;)

It is the families of the 11th September victim's who rightly made the fuss, followed by US citizens. Point still being- just because they have the right to locate there, does not make it right. I say prove your compassion for the victims and families and situation in whole,and show that being a peaceful and respectful lot is the way to win over those who hate/have concern or fear.

Why pour salt into a still gaping wound.

Why should they show more compassion than Catholics or Atheists? Don't get me wrong, my heart goes out to the families of the fallen, but the blame should certainly not be placed on MUSLIMS. It should be go to the terrorists organizations, which are made up of crazy extremists that call themselves Muslims. Because the Muslim religion does NOT believe in this sort of violence. Like what berrywoman said (I'm sorry, I don't know your name. :bigcry:)

Its like saying, all Catholic churches should be closed because ALL priests are molesters. Right? Not cool, man.

Why should they show more compassion than Catholics or Atheists? Don't get me wrong, my heart goes out to the families of the fallen, but the blame should certainly not be placed on MUSLIMS. It should be go to the terrorists organizations, which are made up of crazy extremists that call themselves Muslims.

Because the Muslim religion does NOT believe in this sort of violence. Like what berrywoman said (I'm sorry, I don't know your name. :bigcry:)

THIS

you can find terrorists from every country, religion, etc. Just like you can find good or bad people everywhere. I think stereotypes are the most stupid thing ever and it's stupid to judge muslims as terrorists because they are not, it's a religion as valid as all the others (and atheism is also valid of course) and deserves the same respect.

Relating a muslim mosque to a terrorist group is not just stupid, also it's very disrespectful.

I just heard on the radio that Paterson (our governor) was supposed to have a talk with the mosque-builders and that he would try and help them find a new location, but they changed their minds about said meeting. So it didn't happen.

How do you feel about this? Personally it's frustrating. Our government is trying to reach out to them and find a solution and they're not taking their hand. I do understand that it's totally their choice and that we can't make them do anything, but it still frustrates me.

my family lost many friends and co-workers from my company that day, there is not a day i dont think about them. but the US Constitiution is based on freedom of speech and religion so they do have a right to ask for a Mosque there, it is just a bad choice and insensitive on the their part to be so balsy and to ask for it to be there . I actually am glad that people are responding to this b/c i get the feeling we are all forgetting that day, that day changed all of our lives. I personally do not want it there but if the US says no then we are condeming an entire religion for the act of some insane extremists, just my opinion

Is it private property?

yes it is....

I just heard on the radio that Paterson (our governor) was supposed to have a talk with the mosque-builders and that he would try and help them find a new location, but they changed their minds about said meeting. So it didn't happen.

How do you feel about this? Personally it's frustrating. Our government is trying to reach out to them and find a solution and they're not taking their hand. I do understand that it's totally their choice and that we can't make them do anything, but it still frustrates me.

I heard the owner of the property say this morning that he has not been contacted by the governor as of yet.... and I don't think they want to meet with him either. -Paterson is an :facepalm: all around..... I hope he leaves office soon.. lol

it is just a bad choice and insensitive on the their part to be so balsy and to ask for it to be there .

Exactly. Only a moron could fail to see the possible repercussions of this, whatever the "rights and wrongs" of the issue. Therefore they should do the decent thing and withdraw their request for the good of community harmony, if for no other reason.

Then there should not be any debate on this at all. It's private property, they should be able to do what they want with it. Nothing worse than people infringing upon other people's rights.

Exactly.

Exactly. Only a moron could fail to see the possible repercussions of this, whatever the "rights and wrongs" of the issue. Therefore they should do the decent thing and withdraw their request for the good of community harmony, if for no other reason.

"Good of the community" :wtf: You think they're going to gun down everyone in the streets? Or maybe they're going to rob a few banks, assassinate the mayor? :lol: It's a religious center, not a terrorist or gang center. :rolleyes:

Mark how far away from the WTC trade center is this mosque, and be as specific as you can.

I have no idea, but I presume it's close enough for it to be deemed "sensitive", otherwise the matter wouldn't have been raised in the first place.;)

Bahahahahahahahaaa! Fail! :lol: :lol: