✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Tickets for Glastonbury 2011 announced

Black Rose

It's not that unusual though. Generally at festivals like this there's so much to do/see/hear you don't necessarily need a great line up. But most of the time Glastonbury's line up is pretty drool-worthy.

@Acquiesce: Do you know Lowlands? It'll be like Glasto this year in terms of tickets selling out with only a handful of bands confirmed.

Anyhow. I've been dying to go for years and this year I'll finally have the money/means/time to go. But I'll probably go by myself because apparently my friends don't like festivals as much as I do.

By the way, last year a Dutch band self confirmed in August, but I guess nobody in the UK noticed.

Yeah , I know Lowlands.

But that's probably way to expensive too :disappointed:

I think rock Werchter is also very expensive ...

I would be okay to give that much money , but only if I at least know who's comming :o

and the names would have to be very great

I mean , 240 Euro for Glasto , with NO names !

I find that really wierd ...buying festival tickets , and not having a clue who's comming...

You go to a festival for Music right ? :confused:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put your deposit down, if you don't like any of the names which leak out before 1st April (chances are by then 2 of the 3 headliners will be out), you don't have to pay your reminder and get back £40 :)

It's a bit like the other major festivals whom sell a small number of early-bird tickets for the following years festival the week after the current years festival, people buy them not knowing a damn thing whom will play in 2011.

You go to a festival for Music right ? :confused:
Only partly in my experience. I'd rather go to a festival where I know I'll have an amazing time with an inferior line up than go to a festival that's crap but has a great line up. The music is important but things like atmosphere and how the festival is run are at least equally important. For example, Rock Werchter is almost as expensive as Glastonbury (usually pretty good names too) but from what I heard the festival itself isn't all that great. :shrug:

And most of the festivals that sell out in a day aren't just known for the bands they book. :nice:

• 4 weeks later...
Quick question about the account thingie - I got a confirmation email saying I succesfully registered (also with a confirmation number). Does that mean that the photo has been approved as well? Dunno where/how I should check that. :thinking:

I would guess so, it's the registration number you need tomorrow. Good luck everybody getting tickets.

So did anyone get tickets?

After all of this hoopla, and some convincing from friends, I think I am going to register on Monday to be able to get some tickets during the second round. That is, assuming there are tickets left! Is there any way to find out how many tickets have already sold, and how many are remaining?

So did anyone get tickets?

After all of this hoopla, and some convincing from friends, I think I am going to register on Monday to be able to get some tickets during the second round. That is, assuming there are tickets left! Is there any way to find out how many tickets have already sold, and how many are remaining?

It's tomorrow morning.

Based on this year the tickets will go pretty fast, than in a couple days under the cover of silence any failed transaction tickets will go back on sale. Then that will probably be it until Mid-April time when any cancelled/non-paid-up tickets will go back on sale.

oh man

he dun goofed

i told him to register 2 days ago and he didnt do it!

is it hard to get tickets at the resale?

like if he refreshes the page 5 minutes before they go on sale until it starts will he get a ticket?

also are they more expensive at the resale or same price?

I read some comments online that last year some people were complaining about the seetickets site. Some people got tickets just fine, some people were trying to get on the site all day last year and couldn't get through and didn't get tickets. You'd think they would anticipate the high amount of traffic that would be on their site. Anyway, hope you get through!

The seetickets site was utter shite. I spent over 4 hours right from the start refreshing 4 different browsers (with about 4 tabs each) on 2 laptops, so I must have refreshed a zillion times. Didn't get a ticket though. The first time I could go onto the seetickets site was when it had sold out already. Grrr.

Pisses me off. :mean: