✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Firm fined after dead mouse found in loaf of bread (juicy pics inside)

busybeeburns

_49267251_mouse_003__2_.jpg

The dead mouse was embedded into the bread

A food production company was ordered to pay nearly £17,000 after a man found a dead mouse in a loaf of bread as he made sandwiches for his children.

Stephen Forse, of Kidlington, Oxfordshire, had already used some slices when he came across the mouse. Mr Forse purchased the loaf online, through a Tesco branch in Bicester in January 2009.

Premier Foods was fined £5,500 and ordered to pay £11,109.47 in costs at Oxford Crown Court. In July, the company, which makes Hovis bread, Branston pickle and Bisto gravy, admitted to having failed to maintain acceptable standards at its British Bakeries site in London.

Mr Forse said he had already used some of the bread when he noticed "a dark-coloured object embedded in the corner of three or four slices".

"Initially I thought it was where the dough had not mixed properly prior to baking," he said. "As I looked closer I saw that the object had fur on it."

Mr Forse said he continued to prepare some sandwiches for his children and their friends from another loaf of bread. "I checked carefully each slice in turn as I felt quite shaken," he added. "As I was feeling ill I couldn't face eating anything myself. I sat with the children as they ate theirs." :laugh3:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-11419498

Mr Forse said he continued to prepare some sandwiches for his children and their friends from another loaf of bread. "I checked carefully each slice in turn as I felt quite shaken," he added. "As I was feeling ill I couldn't face eating anything myself. I sat with the children as they ate theirs."

this guy is amazing he wont eat it but would fed his kids the bread :laugh4:

But the biggest crime of all is that the nutritional label is incorrect! Just think of all that added protein, B vitamins, and a bit more fat (depending on how fat the mouse was, that is..). Come to think of it, the mouse looks rather slim - was it diet bread?:laugh3:

Or maybe it was on the ratkin's diet!:P