✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How much did you pay for In Rainbows?

tauiwi

Well, from what I've read, people here have downloaded it for free, then later bought a copy to support Radiohead. I didn't do that, so I kinda feel as if I'm robbing Radiohead. :shame:

wouldnt say i bought it in "support" of radiohead. im sure theyre doing just fine financially. but i felt that i should own a physical copy of the album that changed my life.

PS: woo didnt even notice i passed 3000 posts!

I think bandcamp is making things pretty interesting because now there are a lot of smaller artists using it along with the pay what you want model for their songs in high quality digital formats.

Bandcamp is the best. I wish more bigger bands would go on it. One of the reasons I don't buy music much is because I start wondering how much of the money will actually go to the band.

(I have a bandcamp :sneaky:)

Do I seem like the trekky type?

I don't have a vinyl player.

I dunno. You're chatting on a messageboard with a girl who has Doctor Who in her avi. Where's your Spock ears? :P Nah, I would have sooner pegged you as the European equivalent of the guy who keeps all his top hockey cards in vacuum sealed frames on his wall. Which wouldn't be likely either.

Bandcamp is the best. I wish more bigger bands would go on it. One of the reasons I don't buy music much is because I start wondering how much of the money will actually go to the band.

(I have a bandcamp :sneaky:)

Major labels as I understand it pay about 1$ per album minus the advance, which most bands never come close to making back. So effectively zero.

wouldnt say i bought it in "support" of radiohead. im sure theyre doing just fine financially. but i felt that i should own a physical copy of the album that changed my life.

PS: woo didnt even notice i passed 3000 posts!

Well, I wouldn't say that it changed my life (mostly because I didn't know any of Radiohead's work until summer 2009, and I was getting into multiple albums at once), but at the same time, I like Radiohead rather much, and for me to not show that effectively by buying the material kinda makes me feel bad. Ionno. :shrug:

Congrats on the 3,000+ posts, BTW. :nice:

It's funny you posted this thread especially considering the album was announced 3 years ago today.

FREAKY.

I have a feeling most people didn't buy it at the time because they weren't massively dedicated back then like they may believe they are today. Note I said believe...