✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How much did you pay for In Rainbows?

tauiwi

Just been writing in an Assignment about people's valuation of music and the classic Radiohead case comes up in a lot I read about.

I'm interested to find out what people paid for 'In Rainbows' when it was released as a a 'pay-what-you want' download?

And would you change your initial decision based on your current judgement of the album?

Did you buy the CD too?

I'm keen to find out what Mike and Briggsy paid.

I'm still paying off my debt.

No I actually didn't pay anything because:

a. I figured there would be a physical release and that I would be buying it the day it came out.

b. at the time I didn't have a credit card

I think bandcamp is making things pretty interesting because now there are a lot of smaller artists using it along with the pay what you want model for their songs in high quality digital formats.

I'm surprised as to how many people payed nothing :P

I guess I spent the most money then as in bought the boxset which was 40-pounds which translated to $80 USD. Kind of pricey but I really wanted to get CD2, and also the actual boxset is pretty sweet with giving the 2 cds, 2 vinyl discs (that span the original cd), as well as 2 booklets... one that has lyrics and the other that is the same booklet as the reguarly released cd, but as if you took out all the lyrics.

And then I also bought the album when it came out on CD a few months later too :lol:

It's funny you posted this thread especially considering the album was announced 3 years ago today.

High 5's gloaming!

It may surprise you but I paid the full shtick for this CD/Vinyl/album shitwork, and still have it, and still wonder why I bought it (As I'm not even sure where it is in my house).

Exciting at the time though, love that album.

I paid $8 for the download, because that's what I think disembodied albums ought to cost in general. I would have paid less if I had known that the bitrate was going to be so low. I really, really wanted to get the vinyl boxset, and still wish I had it to this day, but I was broke then and I'm too poor to get it off ebay now.

I did buy it on cd the day it came out. I gave my burnt copy of the download to my sister to try to get her into them once I had a real copy.

I really, really wanted to get the vinyl boxset, and still wish I had it to this day

Yeah thats pretty much why I got it, I knew it would be a bit special and if I got it I felt I could be a part of it. Which I am. :nice:

*Rubs it in*