✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Favorite/best live concert moments (that you've experienced)

the_gloaming09

Muse- Uprising

Muse- Feeling Good

Muse- Knights of Cydonia

Muse- Unnatural Selection

Lostprophets- Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja

Lostprophets- Rooftops

Keane- Somewhere Only We Know

Keane- Back In Time

Keane- Bedshaped

Feeder- Just A Day

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly- I spy.

You Me At Six- Always Attract

Editors- Papillon

Coldplay - The Scientist (acoustic) - Something about 15,000 people singing along to a stripped-down version of Coldplay's loveliest songs is unbelievably captivating, and probably the strongest moment I've seen at their shows.

Snow Patrol - Run - Gary did the first half of this song solo, giving the venue a similar (though much more intimate) feeling as the Coldplay experience, except for the fact that the band came in to play the second chorus and brought an emotional rush of energy into the room that was dazzling.

Phoenix - 1901 - No, I wasn't one of the fortunate few in the pit when Thomas Mars bolted through the pit in pitch darkness, but it was nonetheless a stellar sight to see, especially as the audience was dragged back in for one more reprise of the chorus.

Metric - Combat Baby (acoustic) - Yeah, I'm listing a lot of acoustic stuff here, and mostly all for the same reason, but this one may have gotten the loudest audience participation of them all. You could barely even hear Emily over the crowd.

Muse - Ruled By Secrecy flowing into Bliss - My most recent cherished moment and one of the most powerful. Both are infrequently played songs, and RBS had me in tears from the very first note. I really started welling up at the piano climax, but that serene beauty quickly turned into a frenzy once Bliss started immediately thereafter.

Weird Al - Fat - WHAT? Stop looking at me like that. I was 11 and I thought it was the fucking greatest thing ever when he waddled out in the fat suit. :P

The Who - Pete Townshend gave me his pick, and then gave me a hug.

Coldplay - Chris laughs at me screaming like a freak when they walk right past me.

Coldplay - Guy waves at me at the end of the concert.

The Rolling Stones - Sat in the front row, nothing more to say 'bout that.

Hopefully I'll have some great U2 moments coming up in July.

The Who - Pete Townshend gave me his pick, and then gave me a hug.

Coldplay - Chris laughs at me screaming like a freak when they walk right past me.

Coldplay - Guy waves at me at the end of the concert.

The Rolling Stones - Sat in the front row, nothing more to say 'bout that.

Hopefully I'll have some great U2 moments coming up in July.

You have Pete's pick :wideeyed:

Best concert moment, definitely when I flashed The Strokes. :smug:

JOKING! Ok I'll come up with some after tomorrow once I've been to the best concert ever :wacky:

Mumford And Sons - song : Roll Away Your Stone , they were jumping on stage like fools :wacky:

Kasabian - during "Fire" and "Club Foot" ; sooo funny that all the people were singing so terribly false :P

Babyshambles - "F*ck Forever ", everyone was jumping ! (and some moshing) :lol:

Absynthe Minded - Moodswing baby , Belgian Band in Belgium , tells enough :smug:

Pearl Jam - " Got Some " :wacky:

Patrick Watson - Man Under the Sea (Melkweg Amsterdam, 2007)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The Decemberists - The Mariner's Revenge Song (Paradiso Amsterdam, 2007)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The National - About Today (Haldern Pop festival, 2010)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I'm in this video for like 2 seconds, go me!!!!!!!!!! :cool: (cough)

Kyteman - Sorry (Lowlands festival, 2009)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I can't find a video of Arcade Fire - In the Backseat (HMH Amsterdam, 2007), otherwise I would've included that. :sad: That was pretty epic.

Foals - entire set, but especially Spanish Sahara... sent chills down my spine.

Two Door Cinema Club - just awesome.

Delphic - their whole set was 10000000x better than I expected and the guitar player kept smiling at me :awesome:

Temper Trap + Mumford & Sons - Down River (need I say more?)

Florence & the Machine - Cosmic Love

Vampire Weekend - when I got the guitar pick

The Killers - A Dustland Fairytale: this was during the first show The Killers had played since the death of Brandon's mum, and he played it as a tribute to her... then after the song finished he played "Can't Help Falling in Love with You" as a further tribute... I swear half the crowd was in tears and Brandon almost was. It was an incredible moment.

just looking through the list of all the shows ive been to and i think im yet to go to a show where ive been truly blown away. each has been special in its own way but none have stood out. here are some of my favourite moments

RHCP in 2007 - Otherside - at that time it was my favourite song by my favourite band so hearing it live at my first ever gig was pretty incredible.

The Killers - When You Were Young - an incredible moshpit experience. the band was on fire for the entire 80mins they were on stage and this song came at the very end and still they were as energetic as ever.

Pearl Jam - Rockin in the Free World - another closing song. eddie had told the 35 000 strong crowd at the start of the show that he had a terrible flu so his throat was killing him. somehow he still managed to give us his all over 26 songs including this one. at the end of the song he finally completely lost his voice and he left the stage clutching his throat in agony. rock n roll at its brutal best

Muse - Unnatural Selection - it was scorcher of a day when i saw these boys at a massive festival. when the band hit the stage at 9pm it was still bloody hot and most of us were nearing dehydration with security only handing out water to the front few rows and the water hoses had been turned off. so in between songs we would chant "water water water" to no avail. then half way through this track, matt bellamy not known for improvising with his lyrics, screamed "give these people some fuckinnnngggg water!!!!!" and the crowd at the front of the moshpit went nuts. very cool moment but the water never came.

Paradise City - Slash (solo) - yet another closing song. not much to say about this performance other than my amazement at slash's musicianship after shredding the shit out of his axe for over 2hrs he still absolutely nailed this song and the crowd reacted aptly. we all moshed til we dropped that night :D

Muse - Unnatural Selection - it was scorcher of a day when i saw these boys at a massive festival. when the band hit the stage at 9pm it was still bloody hot and most of us were nearing dehydration with security only handing out water to the front few rows and the water hoses had been turned off. so in between songs we would chant "water water water" to no avail. then half way through this track, matt bellamy not known for improvising with his lyrics, screamed "give these people some fuckinnnngggg water!!!!!" and the crowd at the front of the moshpit went nuts. very cool moment but the water never came.

Great song live. BDO 2010 I am guessing?

Yeah like ESoE. That can go. Shame your crowd was better than mine...

It wasn't that bad, though I was slightly disappointed at the lack of moshing or even dancing in my area of the pit.

I should have included Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia in my list... when I saw them Muse had been my favourite band for so long, so I was beyond ecstatic to finally be seeing them live!

It wasn't that bad, though I was slightly disappointed at the lack of moshing or even dancing in my area of the pit.

I should have included Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia in my list... when I saw them Muse had been my favourite band for so long, so I was beyond ecstatic to finally be seeing them live!

Yeah shame we got split cos you would have liked my area better! More space as people moshed. Dead in the middle, too! So worth that 4hr wait...

Yeah shame we got split cos you would have liked my area better! More space as people moshed. Dead in the middle, too! So worth that 4hr wait...

I know right! Well, the good thing about my spot is that I could actually see, lol. I have another chance in December to go crazy in the mosh :awesome:

Oh and When You Were Young by the Killers was also AMAZING, to keep things on track a bit :P

Coldplay: Politik, Don't Panic - Live @ Gelredome, 2005

Not only was this concert recorded for the Talk single, but this was my first time seeing my then absolute heroes live and I had a spot right in the middle against the last fence in front of the stage. The concert was amazing, and Politik was even more touching live than on record. Don't Panic I loved because of its intimate stage setup.

#bonus fact: somewhere in the middle of the live recording of Talk, you can hear me scream. I'm the only one doing it at that moment.

Enter Shikari: Mothership, Sorry You're Not A Winner - Live @ Lowlands, 2007

Massive circle pit, massive tune.

Wir Sind Helden: Müssen Nur Wollen, Denkmal - Live @ Paradiso, 2007

My first succesful crowdsurfing experience, where I reached the stage to great hilarity of the band. This was prominently featured on their live DVD. Something to show the grandkids XD The other song was just plain awesome, massive singalongs.

Nada Surf: live @ Paradiso 2008

Just a good concert, but I got to hang out with the band afterwards, drinking beers in the basement of Paradiso.

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Live @ Pinkpop, 2006

One of the best concerts I've ever been to. Beautiful weather, 60.000 people, my then-girlfriend and finally seeing them after waiting in the front section for 4 hours.

Tom McRae: Live @ Tivoli, 2010

Most sensitive, uplifting experience, the songs translated perfectly to the stage.

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Live @ Pinkpop, 2006

One of the best concerts I've ever been to. Beautiful weather, 60.000 people, my then-girlfriend and finally seeing them after waiting in the front section for 4 hours.

i remember that performance. i've got it on dvd. they were in such a good mood that day, they had some really funny banter between them. i think that was the show where anthony forgot a lot of the lyrics so he was making them up as he went lol. the ending jam was also pretty awesome.