✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Circumcision

AusKT

My brother is 9--he just had it done (I think) because it was bothering him...like some medical reason. But I think it's mainly done now for social reasons, and I also think that it runs in families. Like if the father is circumcised, the son will most likely be as well.

But I felt really bad for my brother; he was totally freaking out about it and it caused him a lot of pain. It's probably not nearly as bad for babies, though. What the hell do I know, I'm a girl. :blank:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Systematic child mutilation, unless it is needed for health reasons (and I mean specific health reasons apparent, not potential ones - health reasons doesn't include something that can be avoided by basic hygiene).

Totally agree with that

Yeah, I read that circumcised men are less likely to get AIDS or other sexual diseases, but it's just statistics, I'm pretty sure you can keep your penis clean even if it's not circumcised..

Also, I don't remember who said that is was prettier, but who does really think a penis is beautiful? :blank:

What did you chose Kels? Nobody's gonna judge you anyway, it's your call and you took some time to think about it :nice:

Perrine,I was not even going to say what I chose- but we"ll test your theory I wont be judged. Might as well start learning to defend my decision here and now anyway !

I chose to keep my son just the way God and the stork delivered him to me- natural and perfect:wings:

Perrine,I was not even going to say what I chose- but we1ll test your theory I wont be judged. Might as well start learning to defend my decision here and now anyway !

I chose to keep my son just the way God and the stork delivered him to me- natural and perfect:wings:

:hug:

I personally think you made the right choice (and I do believe there is a right choice). Had you chosen the other way then I would have still respected you for reasons I mentioned earlier.

Perrine,I was not even going to say what I chose- but we"ll test your theory I wont be judged. Might as well start learning to defend my decision here and now anyway !

I do think you made the right decision as well :kiss:

In a few years you'll have a talk with him about intimate hygiene and STDs, and that's one less surgery :)

As valiant and wonderful as you make it sound, it was never really your decision to begin with.

Considering she had the choice to have her baby cirumcised or not, it was her choice. If you are saying that it shouldn't be her choice, then fair enough, but unfortunately we live in a world where mutilating children is an option.

As a medical student - circumcisions aren't necessary dying out due to practice in Australia. It's more that people are either choosing that they don't want it done or they want to wait...

My personal opinion is circumcision - it's nice and clean.

My friend worked in aged care and she often had to pull the foreskin of one of her patients back to clean. One day, one of her colleagues asked her why she was doing that for him - he could do it himself. The guy had been pretending that he couldn't do it so that my friend would do it for him.

As a medical student - circumcisions aren't necessary dying out due to practice in Australia. It's more that people are either choosing that they don't want it done or they want to wait...

My friend worked in aged care and she often had to pull the foreskin of one of her patients back to clean. One day, one of her colleagues asked her why she was doing that for him - he could do it himself. The guy had been pretending that he couldn't do it so that my friend would do it for him.

A fair point but I don't think this is necessary to spark a mass mutilation of babies. There are always going to be sicko's around.

I've never seen someone teased for it, no. I think most people in the US who don't get it done are of a different nationality, so they're different in a lot of ways. I live in Argentina, but I'm from Virginia, like your friend. Yea, your friend is right. It seems like almost every white male in the US had it done.

Virginia seems to be quite conservative. :thinking:

It doesn't sound like anyone's going to start rocking the boat by not circumcising their sons, because it's 'just not done'.

New Jersey lulz.

Not actually sure though, seeing as I don't go around asking my friends if they're circumcised. But I haven't really heard anything mentioned about it. No parents complaining, nothing at all. :thinking:

Maybe you should :P

We should do a poll - which states and countries do and don't.

Dirty old bugger. :sick:

Considering she had the choice to have her baby cirumcised or not, it was her choice. If you are saying that it shouldn't be her choice, then fair enough, but unfortunately we live in a world where mutilating children is an option.

Most people (including herself) may believe it's her choice.

My only point is that it's not. It never was. Never will be.

Just like if a slave owner frees his slaves and then expects lavish praise for it - they were never really "his" to begin with. You can't own another person.

Humanity makes progress only when it acknowledges this basic fact. So be careful not to use the language of the barbarians!

Oh your poor friend! What trauma!

I think women should have their vaginas fused shut with a laser and their nipples frozen off. More clean that way.

Most people (including herself) may believe it's her choice.

My only point is that it's not. It never was. Never will be.

Just like if a slave owner frees his slaves and then expects lavish praise for it - they were never really "his" to begin with. You can't own another person.

Humanity makes progress only when it acknowledges this basic fact. So be careful not to use the language of the barbarians!

It is a sad fact that she had the choice.

She did have the choice, however, no matter if you think she deserved it or not, or whether you think this choice is valid from another angle such as personal morality and freedom. I think it's important to acknowledge this fact and work towards a time when this choice is not available.

Perhaps it would be more fitting to say she had the power to enforce it at her disposal then. Either way she chose not to use it.

I see your point. It is like (on a smaller scale) congratulating a person for not killing another, even though they could have done. However, such a comparison is ignoring the fact that the practice of circumcision is very much a part of the culture that she lives in and therefore she is bucking a trend. I personally believe that this should be looked upon positively.

You are welcome to your own opinion however.

However, such a comparison is ignoring the fact that the practice of circumcision is very much a part of the culture that she lives in and therefore she is bucking a trend. I personally believe that this should be looked upon positively.

Patting dogs on the head for not biting you. Maybe so.

American "culture" is rife with runoff from 2000 year old fairy tales. One thing that bothers me about the circumcision "debate" is attitude surrounding the discussion. It's very "har har" because for some odd reason we're conditioned to maintain a 6 year old's attitude to male anatomy, while any discussion of female anatomy is held to a standard far higher. Maybe I'm just noticing the "pussy on the pedestal" syndrome.

Oh your poor friend! What trauma!

I think women should have their vaginas fused shut with a laser and their nipples frozen off. More clean that way.

Hahaha I am sure that anecdote was NOT being used to demonstrate the uncleanliness of those uncircumcised, I don't know what it was for actually other then a good old creeper story!