November 30, 201015 yr It's just a wild hunch and all, but I have this strange feeling that the next album is going to be by Coldplay.
November 30, 201015 yr 2011 is the year folks!!! aren't you happy!!?? I'm exploding with happiness!! :awesome:
November 30, 201015 yr i am wondering if the album is going to be more alike to Parachutes than to Viva? I really doubt it after Chris said that they were perfecting the hand-clapping technique...
November 30, 201015 yr Their next album is gonna sound like Owl City. Hahaha, that would be so weird. xD
November 30, 201015 yr I was thinking about this actually... And then I thought that actually, they could play the festivals pre-album release... But it'd be more than likely that they'd include some new material that would come from the album. I went to the Kings of Leon Hyde Park gig in June this year, pre-CAS release and got to hear 4 finished tracks from Come Around Sundown... It's unconventional, sure, but it does happen and work. So if it is pre-album, we'd hear some album tracks... If it's post album, well, it doesn't matter obviously!
November 30, 201015 yr I'm not sure if you intended to mean it this way, because Christmas Lights is definitely a single, but it's not going to be an off the album single. We'd definitely have been told if it had anything to do with the album. yeah, i think you're right.. but they can't play 5 festivals without new material..
November 30, 201015 yr maybe they'll tell us something along with the Christmas Lights release tomorrow... like at the end of the video, be like "oh by the way, the album comes out on ___" :P I dunno, but I've just been wondering why there's a COUNTDOWN for Christmas Lights on cp.com... I mean, they didn't even have a countdown when VLVOD came out, but they're having a countdown for a Christmas single? also, they always post a Christmas message ON Christmas day itself, so maybe we'll hear something then? :thinking: I WANT NEWS :freak: :P
November 30, 201015 yr Well Phil himeself said that the album would come out, then touring would be much later... I think their all screwing with us...:D
December 1, 201015 yr So Coldplay have announced yet more festivals. T in the Park here in Scotland is on from the 8th till the 10th. Headline acts announced on Thursday. Watch this space??!
December 1, 201015 yr Author Well Phil himeself said that the album would come out, then touring would be much later... I think their all screwing with us...:D This. All the real news we're getting combined with what we're hearing doesn't mesh up. I feel it just makes sense for the album to come out before the festivals start. A lot of bands will actually do new material while on tour, but Coldplay (by which I mean Chris) always seem to have less confidence in the stuff at the beginning. I guess I'd just be surprised if the songs weren't at least out there in album format for the band to play them live. How many songs would Coldplay be playing at a festival like this anyways? Is it like a normal tour length show? I've never been to a music festival so I don't really know. My thoughts are that if they were playing anything less than 6 songs that they could probably play oldies but then throw in the lead single from the new album. This would mean the release would could be later summer... Obviously, that's not what I want - just a thought.
December 1, 201015 yr This. All the real news we're getting combined with what we're hearing doesn't mesh up. I feel it just makes sense for the album to come out before the festivals start. A lot of bands will actually do new material while on tour, but Coldplay (by which I mean Chris) always seem to have less confidence in the stuff at the beginning. I guess I'd just be surprised if the songs weren't at least out there in album format for the band to play them live. How many songs would Coldplay be playing at a festival like this anyways? Is it like a normal tour length show? I've never been to a music festival so I don't really know. My thoughts are that if they were playing anything less than 6 songs that they could probably play oldies but then throw in the lead single from the new album. This would mean the release would could be later summer... Obviously, that's not what I want - just a thought. Hey there, I am pretty sure the festival type shows for Viva, the whole set was done, but I could be wrong:\
December 1, 201015 yr maybe they'll tell us something along with the Christmas Lights release tomorrow... like at the end of the video, be like "oh by the way, the album comes out on ___" :P I dunno, but I've just been wondering why there's a COUNTDOWN for Christmas Lights on cp.com... I mean, they didn't even have a countdown when VLVOD came out, but they're having a countdown for a Christmas single? also, they always post a Christmas message ON Christmas day itself, so maybe we'll hear something then? :thinking: I WANT NEWS :freak: :P omg, I'm confused now! There is something else in this single.. It's not just a Christmas single! And I remember when they came to brazil this year, Chris said that the LP5 would be released on Christmas! CHRIS, STOP PLAYING WITH ME!
December 1, 201015 yr I think they play a shorter setlist but not 6 songs just searched: All Points West, 2009: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/coldplay/2009/all-points-west-music-and-arts-festival-jersey-city-nj-63d7be53.html Osheaga, 2009: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/coldplay/2009/osheaga-music-and-arts-festival-montreal-qc-canada-4bd7bf5a.html it seems the normal viva setlist
December 1, 201015 yr maybe they'll tell us something along with the Christmas Lights release tomorrow... like at the end of the video, be like "oh by the way, the album comes out on ___" :P I dunno, but I've just been wondering why there's a COUNTDOWN for Christmas Lights on cp.com... I mean, they didn't even have a countdown when VLVOD came out, but they're having a countdown for a Christmas single? also, they always post a Christmas message ON Christmas day itself, so maybe we'll hear something then? :thinking: I WANT NEWS :freak: :P Maybe it's a countdown, because they have never made a Christmas single, and it deserved a countdown:D
December 1, 201015 yr Who knows what "late 2011" means anyway? "Late" could mean quite a few months. :thinking: Also it could just mean that it won't be coming out in early 2011.... so not January to May, maybe, but anything after that could be fair game? I'm with Zoe though, the countdown on coldplay.com makes me feel like we're counting down to something more than just a Christmas single... maybe some news too? :wacky:
December 1, 201015 yr This. All the real news we're getting combined with what we're hearing doesn't mesh up. I feel it just makes sense for the album to come out before the festivals start. A lot of bands will actually do new material while on tour, but Coldplay (by which I mean Chris) always seem to have less confidence in the stuff at the beginning. I guess I'd just be surprised if the songs weren't at least out there in album format for the band to play them live. How many songs would Coldplay be playing at a festival like this anyways? Is it like a normal tour length show? I've never been to a music festival so I don't really know. My thoughts are that if they were playing anything less than 6 songs that they could probably play oldies but then throw in the lead single from the new album. This would mean the release would could be later summer... Obviously, that's not what I want - just a thought. Normally a set on a festival is about an hour-- or just over. Headliners can get up to 90 minutes so it can be a normal show length for them. Depends on what festival and what curfews there are (if any).
December 1, 201015 yr The countdown is probably cuz they know how starved we r for new songs, n they wanna get us excited about this one. Hmm n the festivals, well what if they r doing them with old songs to start getting people's attention n warmed up for the new album to come :thinking: But I want the new album now! *stomps foot* :P haha
December 1, 201015 yr The countdown is probably cuz they know how starved we r for new songs, n they wanna get us excited about this one. Hmm n the festivals, well what if they r doing them with old songs to start getting people's attention n warmed up for the new album to come :thinking: But I want the new album now! *stomps foot* :P haha Do you think the countdown might reveal something else as well as the Christmas Lights video/song come 8pm tomorrow?
December 1, 201015 yr Author I don't. Not because I want to disagree with anyone here, but just because I think that'd be too much to hope for.
December 1, 201015 yr I dont wanna get my hopes up so ill stick to thinking its only about the new song/video. You guys saw what happened when people were expecting too much and got disappointed of the boat ride...whoops sorry to bring that up.lol.but its a lesson to be learned :P
Create an account or sign in to comment