✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

christmas lights = the most popular coldplay song? ha!

thewordpainter

so itunes says 'christmas lights' is currently coldplay's most popular song. i'm hard pressed to believe most of us would agree that's anything close to their best work.

it's reasons like that i'm a part of http://gorankem.com so all of us, who actually know the band & not some stupid computer algorithm, could share our own favorites.

we think combining all of our favorites together could result in the ultimate 'best of' list.

check out mine: http://www.gorankem.com/rankings/39-Coldplay

overall: http://www.gorankem.com/artists/2129-Coldplay

the current rankings are definitely not perfect. that's why i'm hoping you guys can help shape it up :)

hopefully we'll make it easier for all the would-be coldplay fans to see what they've been missing out on!

[thanks in advance for giving it a look]

-adam

I don't really understand, is Coldplay the same as being a Jehovah's witness?

Just enjoy the music if you like it and stop obsessing over what other people think, it's not like they are an Indie charity case and need support for the dough to make their next CD.

I don't really understand, is Coldplay the same as being a Jehovah's witness?

Just enjoy the music if you like it and stop obsessing over what other people think, it's not like they are an Indie charity case and need support for the dough to make their next CD.

dude, what the heck are you talking about? :confused:

@pickle - honestly not really concerned with visitors...just want to get as many knowledgable coldplay fans to share their own favorites. i know everybody has a different perspective. i think it can create a pretty powerful list over time.

@reilly - i know there's all these great coldplay tracks thta took me a while to find (e.g. swallowed at sea) ... how else could i ever track down a song like that unless i had the opportunity to hear from some avid fans?

I think what you're doing is cool. :wacko: In fact, they've done this a couple times on the board. I'm just suggesting you post it in the Coldplay section....there's way more die-hard fans in there. People in the Lounge are like zombies.

Well, some of us. :lol:

yes, i know itunes basis their popularity on sales.

let me rephrase...

is viva la vida coldplay's best song?

throw out the christmas tune & that's the band's most popular track. i think it's a shame if i tell my little sister how great coldplay is --> she checks them out on itunes & is turned off --> she's missed out on all this great music that never hit mainstream.

as for the thread not being in the right place, we index 400,000+ artists. it's a daunting task to try to optimally organize all of those catalogs...but i believe the passionate & opinionated fans like you find on the board will help the community get there over time.

thanks for the feedback guys.

You do know that that list is based on recent sales, right? It's not like they're saying it's everyone's favorite Coldplay song or their best song ever, it's just that it's the most downloaded Coldplay song on itunes at the moment.

I don't think you actually read what this guy had to say...

his list is not the itunes list, you blind trolls. he built his own site for FANS like you guys to rank songs

you're making me rethink even registering for this forum... :angry: