✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Crowd Surfing and Moshing....

ViVA Child

Sorry but you got trolled! :laugh3:

:surprised:

wat....

when :uhoh:

i think you can have a perfectly awesome "mosh" without any violence. naturally when you have thousands of people dancing in very close proximity to each other there will be some pushing and shoving, thats just part of it all. but pretty much all the pits ive been in, things have been aggressive without being violent. and out and out fighting is never acceptable in a pit.

Yeah I quite liked the jumping type mosh you referred to.

I didnt really have to move much at all

the crowd was so tightly packed it just sort of picked me up with everyone else.

Moshing is like totally laeme and ghaey, no it really is pathetic looking. Jumping alongside each other to a beat, or headbanging (Even though it's ridiculously ghaey looking) is understandable but I've never considered that to be moshing.

Moshing is more a bunch of dicks running around and lightly shouldering people or lightly bumping into their hips because they want to look badass but don't actually want to get their shit kicked in, and probably haven't been in a fight before. Oh and then there's a small amount of people who actually want to and can kick someone's shit in.

Though it can be funny when you get two guys who are clearly lame and want to out-do eachother in shoving terms, they take it too far until they are both so pissed off that they want to fight, they both know they can't throw a punch, but everyones looking so they just push eachother for aaaages, and embarrassed in the hope someone will break it up. L-O-L RAPE RAPE RAPE

The flaw is that everyone has their own idea of what amount of abuse is reasonable and what the rules are, but it's stupid because there will always be reasons and counter arguments against it. Like the pro-mosher who posted earlier felt girls get priority, and if they fall over should be helped up, some would disagree, that the girl made the decision to get in there so they should expect such things. Some girls can take a kicking better then some guys, so am I saying girls shouldn't get priority or get helped up? No, I'm just saying the whole idea of people pushing eachother around without trying to hurt eachother is just pointless, pretentious and fucking stupid, so I don't have an opinion on any of it, don't do it at all.

I have never partaken in it,

although I fail to see how such ruckus is "pretentious" as you say

I made the mistake of coming a bit early to a show in LA

there was some horrendous middle aged scremo band playing to an audiance of maybe 10 people

most of them stood in a wide circle but there were about 3 or four guys running around shoving each other and everyone else attempting a mosh pit....

I wouldve stayed to laugh at them longer had the band not been so loud and ..... awful.

As for the thing about girls in moshpits/crowd surfing/concerts in general

Personally in that environment I wouldnt expect any special treatment for being a girl.... because ...well its just not the kind of situation to expect people to be quiet or polite or courteous.

And if you are female and crowdsurfing.... yeah.... groping is to be expected as well.

And yes it can be funny to watch when its a fail.

Oh, then don't do it. It's stupid.

Meh.

I dont think it's something I'd enjoy.

But Ive never tried it so who knows...

Erm... can I just borrow you for my concerts? :anxious:

I can't stand guys who push violently in every direction and just throw themselves on you, or those who try to sneak in front of you. I can be very aggressive lol

I don't like people who don't move and just keep staring at the stage, makes me feel bad for the band.

I just dance without punching everyone around me or jump up and down

Haha i have certain people who say they enjoy when im behind them at shows since they know they wont be getting kicked or elbowed.

I get the idea of moshing - it's a release for some people. However, I, personally, don't like it. More to the point, it bothers me that I have to move in order to accommodate it. I'll be watching a show, and the next thing I know, I'm being pushed further and further away by an ever expanding circle of hooligans. I respect mosher's right to mosh, but I wish there was some consideration for other people. I didn't drop a $100 on a ticket to move out of your way while you jump around like a monkey.

i figured muse in LA would be a lot rowdier than it was.

I guess its the fact that its LA -__- and that Muse have broken into American Mainsteam (thanks ****light) ....

I dont knwo what is is that creates certain atmopheres at concerts like that

for all the stupid pointless research and studies being done now a days you think theyd look into that a bit :P

I'd actually be interested to here it.

although I fail to see how such ruckus is "pretentious" as you say

Because half the guys who lightly shove each other in a moshpit want to look dangerous and wild, but really they are shit scared of getting hurt. They aren't badass or rough they just want to look like a crazy rocker, it's so sad looking.

Because half the guys who lightly shove each other in a moshpit want to look dangerous and wild, but really they are shit scared of getting hurt. They aren't badass or rough they just want to look like a crazy rocker, it's so sad looking.

Hmmm

I think it varies

like the show i mentioned ......with the mosh pit fail, party of four...

thats pretentious

but if the music incites that in them and the atmosphere brings it out or the individuals like a good rowdy ruckus

then definitely not.

I find moshing and dancing kind of annoying to be honest. I mean getting constantly bumped into can get irritating especially when you're trying to enjoy the show but are being distracted by some idiot who keeps bumping into you. I also had an experience where these guy and girl (I think they had just met at the show or something), started to make out and they kept knocking into me. At one point I gave them a shove over... but it still didn't make a difference. If you want to do that kind of stuff fine, but don't be making the show less enjoyable for me.

Haha i have certain people who say they enjoy when im behind them at shows since they know they wont be getting kicked or elbowed.

Doesn't surprise me :tongue:

This girl behind me kept leaning her elbow on my back, I think she was mad at me for being too tall and blocking the view xD

This girl behind me kept leaning her elbow on my back, I think she was mad at me for being too tall and blocking the view xD

My friend saw some emo bands and there was a girl doing that to her too, so she turned around and elbowed her in her face. :lol:

Oh, at the Muse concert in Newark, there were like 4 mosh pit fails, it was like this group of 3 guys that were just pushing each other. :lol: I was laughing. But then there were 2 crowd surfers, and one of the guys did it twice. It ended up being the guy that won the Muse t-shirt design competition. :lol:

I find moshing and dancing kind of annoying to be honest. I mean getting constantly bumped into can get irritating especially when you're trying to enjoy the show but are being distracted by some idiot who keeps bumping into you. I also had an experience where these guy and girl (I think they had just met at the show or something), started to make out and they kept knocking into me. At one point I gave them a shove over... but it still didn't make a difference. If you want to do that kind of stuff fine, but don't be making the show less enjoyable for me.

I don't mind DANCING to some extent at least, depending on the show. That stuff right there sounds annoying though.^ But yeah crowd surfing and moshing not so much, my friend told me she got kicked in the face when she got caught in that sort of thing once.

I remember at a show I went to this drunk guy kept like rubbing up against me awkwardly and hitting me while one of the opening bands was playing. It was frustrating cause he's like this big dude so I couldn't really push him away much, but it didn't last too long cause he tried to start a fight with the guy on his other side so security took him out.

It's sort of frustrating I guess.

i find crowd surfing to be a little silly and im always worried about getting a boot in the head from some idiot.

..[rest of post]

so basically i have nothing against a good moshpit as long as everyone behaves themselves and looks out for the people around them.

I agree with all of this!!

I've only ever actually left a mosh once, but even then while I was in it all the guys around me kept checking that I was OK and didn't want to leave, which I really appreciated. It's for this very reason that I usually go for barrier when I go to concerts, because otherwise I can't see and am stuck staring at people's sweaty backs, plus I'm to small to keep my spot and end up getting pushed around all over the place, neither of which I find particularly enjoyable :P

As for crowd surfing, I think it's stupid. If you do it here you're likely to get kicked out, and for good reason I say... once I was at a show, front row and centre, and the security guards pulled this crowd surfer out over the top of me and he landed on me and I hit my head on the barrier... that wasn't nice :\.

Finally, an advantage of being short - people can see over me!

At the Muse show I went to on Sunday night, I was on barrier but I had this (rather large) girl behind me and she was trying to push in beside me, and when she figured out I wasn't going to let her in (I would've been pushed back) she just leant against me so I could barely breathe. I ended up with a bruise on my chest because of it.

But of course, you can't really go into a mosh pit and not expect things like that to happen, that's really just the nature of the beast.

I find moshing and dancing kind of annoying to be honest. I mean getting constantly bumped into can get irritating especially when you're trying to enjoy the show

but if everyone around you is moshing/jumping/dancing and you're not, i think priority goes to the moshers. and from my experience a big part of enjoying a rock gig is the dancing and leaving dripping with sweat and nearing dehydration. of course if you go to see fleet foxes and there are people bumping into you, then i can see why you might get annoyed.