Techniques

Opinions

Experiences

Words of Wisdom

Warnings

SHARE!!

WANT!

kthnx :P

ps Sorry If This is the wrong section I didnt quite know where to put this but I figured ...WOM since its something that occurs at concerts

Mobs if its FUBAR feel free to move it.

I think they're both a bit ridiculous, yeah, that's some people's way of getting into the music, but what if someone gets hurt?

I know I sound like someone's mom, but imagine if you spent $100 and waited months to see your favorite band/artist live, and three songs in you have to get pulled out and go to the hospital because you got hit in the head by a crowd surfer or caught in a mosh pit. I think it's inconsiderate. :\

i find crowd surfing to be a little silly and im always worried about getting a boot in the head from some idiot.

but moshing is what i live for!! theres nothing like thousands of people jumping up and down at the same time to a great rock anthem. of course it's important to make sure you dont hurt anyone in the process but people should go into a moshpit knowing what to expect. when you are moshing you should always keep your elbows straight and close to your body so you dont knock anyone out, be careful to jump up and down on the same spot not all over the place, something i really struggle with and end up landing on peoples toes which is always quite embarrassing.

also, i think girls have priority in the pit. if you're a guy (of any build) in the pit you have an obligation not to hurt or annoy girls in there and if a girl goes down or is hurt they need to be picked up asap.

words of wisdom. wear comfortable shoes!!!!! the one exception to the rule above about girls is if theyre wearing heels in the pit. if you wear heels and get hurt, you were asking for it! also, pace yourself. dont mosh like a mad person for the first 3 songs then pass out in exhaustion, the best mosh opportunities usually come late in the set. oh yeah and dont get into a fight with someone who wants to go ahead of you, stand your ground and make it uncomfortable for them but if they're very persistent just let them go.

my moshpit experiences have been predominantly positive to amazing. seeing muse at a rock fest back in january was a little scary at times but worked out ok. slash in august got out of hand at times but that was all part of the fun really.

so basically i have nothing against a good moshpit as long as everyone behaves themselves and looks out for the people around them.

i find crowd surfing to be a little silly and im always worried about getting a boot in the head from some idiot.

but moshing is what i live for!! theres nothing like thousands of people jumping up and down at the same time to a great rock anthem. of course it's important to make sure you dont hurt anyone in the process but people should go into a moshpit knowing what to expect. when you are moshing you should always keep your elbows straight and close to your body so you dont knock anyone out, be careful to jump up and down on the same spot not all over the place, something i really struggle with and end up landing on peoples toes which is always quite embarrassing.

also, i think girls have priority in the pit. if you're a guy (of any build) in the pit you have an obligation not to hurt or annoy girls in there and if a girl goes down or is hurt they need to be picked up asap.

words of wisdom. wear comfortable shoes!!!!! the one exception to the rule above about girls is if theyre wearing heels in the pit. if you wear heels and get hurt, you were asking for it! also, pace yourself. dont mosh like a mad person for the first 3 songs then pass out in exhaustion, the best mosh opportunities usually come late in the set. oh yeah and dont get into a fight with someone who wants to go ahead of you, stand your ground and make it uncomfortable for them but if they're very persistent just let them go.

my moshpit experiences have been predominantly positive to amazing. seeing muse at a rock fest back in january was a little scary at times but worked out ok. slash in august got out of hand at times but that was all part of the fun really.

so basically i have nothing against a good moshpit as long as everyone behaves themselves and looks out for the people around them.

That's some good advice! :wacko:

Wait, Gena, did you mean moshing as in all that pushing and shoving and fighting, or just having a good time and jumping? :thinking:

Because I have nothing against it if people are jumping, it actually adds a lot of energy to the gig. :nice:

^You would.

I would classify moshing more like completely squashing together and jumping. Not just the jumping. I've seen it also include outright hard shoving and punching, which is really scary actually. It can be pretty dangerous. I try to avoid moshing, but I do enjoy when a lot of people are jumping at the same time. Just as long as you're not piling up. I've had a couple concert experiences with people pushing so hard to get up close that you pretty much get squished. Not fun. As for surfing, I'm ok with it if it's the artist. Or if it's a random person, then as long as they don't come to me. :P I don't want to hold you up.

That's some good advice! :wacko:

Wait, Gena, did you mean moshing as in all that pushing and shoving and fighting, or just having a good time and jumping? :thinking:

Because I have nothing against it if people are jumping, it actually adds a lot of energy to the gig. :nice:

Fighting!

I dont consider the other option truely "moshing"

The Mint Chicks show suuucked for me. I was having an incredible time for the first half of the show, jumping up and down in the front row, members of the opening band behind me, lead singer of the mint chicks coming into the crowd and singing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME :bomb:

but then some bitch pulled my hair! security took me out and were all "apparently you pushed this girl" WHAT THE FUCK. I was getting pushed around so much, and this bitch complains and I lose my spot in the front row? fuck fuck fuck

The Mint Chicks show suuucked for me. I was having an incredible time for the first half of the show, jumping up and down in the front row, members of the opening band behind me, lead singer of the mint chicks coming into the crowd and singing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME :bomb:

but then some bitch pulled my hair! security took me out and were all "apparently you pushed this girl" WHAT THE FUCK. I was getting pushed around so much, and this bitch complains and I lose my spot in the front row? fuck fuck fuck

Thats so lame

I hate dumb killjoy bitches.

I met some of those when I was crowd surfing at the end of the Muse concert.. I was doing fine till I got carried to a clique of Twilighters.

They WOULD be the ones to set me down

I was like "Fuck Yea--Aw you skanks suck"

If your going to be such a piss ant go in the back with all the other boring assholes.

They get all pissed off about being a part of the concert experiance..... Hellooo if you dont like crowd friggin watch it on youtube at home!

Thats so lame

I hate dumb killjoy bitches.

I met some of those when I was crowd surfing at the end of the Muse concert.. I was doing fine till I got carried to a clique of Twilighters.

They WOULD be the ones to set me down

I was like "Fuck Yea--Aw you skanks suck"

Sorry but you got trolled! :laugh3:

Fighting!

I dont consider the other option truely "moshing"

i think you can have a perfectly awesome "mosh" without any violence. naturally when you have thousands of people dancing in very close proximity to each other there will be some pushing and shoving, thats just part of it all. but pretty much all the pits ive been in, things have been aggressive without being violent. and out and out fighting is never acceptable in a pit.

Moshing is like totally laeme and ghaey, no it really is pathetic looking. Jumping alongside each other to a beat, or headbanging (Even though it's ridiculously ghaey looking) is understandable but I've never considered that to be moshing.

Moshing is more a bunch of dicks running around and lightly shouldering people or lightly bumping into their hips because they want to look badass but don't actually want to get their shit kicked in, and probably haven't been in a fight before. Oh and then there's a small amount of people who actually want to and can kick someone's shit in.

Though it can be funny when you get two guys who are clearly lame and want to out-do eachother in shoving terms, they take it too far until they are both so pissed off that they want to fight, they both know they can't throw a punch, but everyones looking so they just push eachother for aaaages, and embarrassed in the hope someone will break it up. L-O-L RAPE RAPE RAPE

The flaw is that everyone has their own idea of what amount of abuse is reasonable and what the rules are, but it's stupid because there will always be reasons and counter arguments against it. Like the pro-mosher who posted earlier felt girls get priority, and if they fall over should be helped up, some would disagree, that the girl made the decision to get in there so they should expect such things. Some girls can take a kicking better then some guys, so am I saying girls shouldn't get priority or get helped up? No, I'm just saying the whole idea of people pushing eachother around without trying to hurt eachother is just pointless, pretentious and fucking stupid, so I don't have an opinion on any of it, don't do it at all.

I also wonder, every time Mark whores himself into making another typically shit joke that nobody acknowledges, is he embarrassed?

Never crowd surf around briggins. I'm known for pushing them to the ground.

I know it seems like an asshole thing to do, but if you're about to kick my friends in the face then you're going to pay.

Erm... can I just borrow you for my concerts? :anxious:

I can't stand guys who push violently in every direction and just throw themselves on you, or those who try to sneak in front of you. I can be very aggressive lol

I don't like people who don't move and just keep staring at the stage, makes me feel bad for the band.

I just dance without punching everyone around me or jump up and down

Believe it or not... I went to Bombay Bicycle Club last week and people were moshing... It was the weirdest experience of my life.

I'm not a massive fan of moshing... I'm so little that if I get slightly knocked I go absolutely flying and I've ended up with a black eye before. So not fun.

Crowd surfing is alright though if the person isn't flailing like a badass. If they flail then they tend to become more of a pain than an added fun. But most places hate crowd surfing these days and pull you out and shove you around roughly for doing it. :angry: