Do you make a new years resolution

Matter-Eater Lad

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's talking about us guys :\

Clearly! :P

I've just realised that this sounds pretty bad, I don't mean it like that. It's just that I'm very busy with uni and work and I haven't got enough time for my boyfriend and my closest friends, yet I feel guilty for not going to work nights out etc. I haven't got much in common with the the people at one of my workplaces, we barely talk when I'm at work and they probably wouldn't even notice if I didn't go.

Clearly! :P

I've just realised that this sounds pretty bad, I don't mean it like that. It's just that I'm very busy with uni and work and I haven't got enough time for my boyfriend and my closest friends, yet I feel guilty for not going to work nights out etc. I haven't got much in common with the the people at one of my workplaces, we barely talk when I'm at work and they probably wouldn't even notice if I didn't go.

If you don't particularly want to get on with them then there's no harm in not going out with them. Do they go out regularly? Or is this just a Christmas thing?

Going out regularly with people I don't really like would be hell.

What on earth are you talking about.

I think he's just generally talking Mark, yknow, Bieber here, Gaga there, you should just take it with a pinch of salt. :smug:

If you don't particularly want to get on with them then there's no harm in not going out with them. Do they go out regularly? Or is this just a Christmas thing?

Going out regularly with people I don't really like would be hell.

Like once a month or every other month. We often end up going to places I don't like and many of them are the type of girls who dress to get attention from men. They will talk to pretty much any guy who approaches them and I sometimes feel a bit awkward. Don't get me wrong, some of them are lovely people, it's just how they behave as a group.

Ah, I used to go out regularly enough when I worked at this one place (And the group was about 30-50 people who were all teens/early 20s, so there was always at least a dozen people going out literally every night) but I'd never stay for more then a few drinks, by which time they'd have at least 5 and would start acting like tools. By the end of the night they'd manage to consistently find stupid things to do and random people to piss off.

I suppose it's a bit different but I liked everyone but they were a bit much to go out with.

They're a bit like the people you described. It would probably be a good idea to leave early but everyone always stays out till at least 1 and I'd feel a bit rude to be the first to leave. It can be quite fun to go out with them once in a while but it kinda sucks if you're only going out like twice a month.

Nick I swear to god your inane song lyrics at the end of polls are the best thing to grace these beautiful forums.

Some years I do, last year I made this big old spiritual contract with myself to give more effort in the things I care about, with mixed results. I like writing stuff down to try to motivate myself to do things but it almost never works. New Year's resolutions, however, often last longer than regular old decisions so I suppose I'll make a few similar to what I resolved last year, and maybe to run more and listen more to other people and other good things like that.

I don't think things change when a new year starts but now I really have a new years resolution, and it's quite big. I've decided I must change some things I dislike about myself before it's too late. Sounds a bit dramatic but I really hope I can do that.

Also 2011 will be my last year of university so I decided I'll try do things in the right way because I'm almost out there in the real world and sometimes I feel like I'm still 17 D:

Oh and I decided to get a job, that resolution is going great, I got 2 jobs in one week :D

I don't know why I'm talking about all this stuff here anyway. Hope you all have a great year

I think he's just generally talking Mark, yknow, Bieber here, Gaga there, you should just take it with a pinch of salt. :smug:

It seems the pot and kettle might need to come out of the cupboard again!:lol:

By the way, since when has "Crests" been a guy?:rolleyes:

Myself,my girlfriend and a baby are you going to go all Daily Mail and say I've got no right to have a family?.

:dozey:

Was it a resolution to change your username too?:rolleyes:

...where did you even get this from

He was referring to you when he said "he's"......................... :rolleyes: