✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2011 Albums Worth Listening To

The Escapist

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes had the best releases so far

and uhm when September comes around, you can add St. Vincent to the list!

/biased opinion

Replace St. Vincent with Laura Marling and this post is spot on. :dazzled:

Basically Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes had the best releases so far

and uhm when September comes around, you can add St. Vincent to the list!

/biased opinion

...Wait. St. Vincent in September?

YESSSSS. :D

Replace St. Vincent with Laura Marling and this post is spot on. :dazzled:

Do you have any idea when her album will be out?

i've noticed a lot of people mentioning about Bon Iver.. i'm sorry, i'm not quite familar with his music... can someone recommend some of his best songs for me? :shy:

Well, he only has two albums out right now. There's "For Emma, Forever Ago" from 2008 and "Bon Iver, Bon Iver" that was released last month. I haven't listened to a lot of the second album yet, but his first one is truly beautiful. If you like acoustic music, you'll definitely like this. "Bon Iver, Bon Iver" is quite different from the other album, as they were written under different circumstances. "For Emma, Forever Ago" was written in a log cabin in Wisconsin over a three-month period, where Justin pretty much kept to himself. "Bon Iver, Bon Iver" is more collaborative and has a lot more synths in it. People have differing opinions over which is better. I recommend starting off with "For Emma, Forever Ago," just because that's what pretty much everyone here started off with. It's hard to pick just a few songs because that album is really solid.

Bon Iver also have an EP called "Blood Bank." There's a song called "Woods," which is pretty much the most awesome song created from auto-tune ever. Seriously. :heart:

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Oh yeah Laura Marling. She's playing in St Magnus Cathedral in Orkney soon.

It's coming out sometime in September, I don't know if there's an exact date. It was just announced a few weeks ago.

Oh, OK. Thanks for the info!

So far the only albums I've liked this year were:

Ritual- White Lies

Pala- Friendly Fires

What Did You Expect from the Vaccines?- The Vaccines

:disappointed:

At least you have three good choices. It's still a shame you didn't like TKoL or BaRB, though. :\ Have you listened to anything other than those five?

Really? I loved it :heart:

I thought it was fun to listen to :wacky:

Same here. :D

I feel outdone by Violet :disappointed:

Awww, don't. :hug:

He doesn't have a lot... so just listen to EVERYTHING

Blood Bank EP

For Emma Forever Ago

Bon Iver, Bon Iver

:dazzled: :dazzled:

Well, he only has two albums out right now. There's "For Emma, Forever Ago" from 2008 and "Bon Iver, Bon Iver" that was released last month. I haven't listened to a lot of the second album yet, but his first one is truly beautiful. If you like acoustic music, you'll definitely like this. "Bon Iver, Bon Iver" is quite different from the other album, as they were written under different circumstances. "For Emma, Forever Ago" was written in a log cabin in Wisconsin over a three-month period, where Justin pretty much kept to himself. "Bon Iver, Bon Iver" is more collaborative and has a lot more synths in it. People have differing opinions over which is better. I recommend starting off with "For Emma, Forever Ago," just because that's what pretty much everyone here started off with. It's hard to pick just a few songs because that album is really solid.

Bon Iver also have an EP called "Blood Bank." There's a song called "Woods," which is pretty much the most awesome song created from auto-tune ever. Seriously. :heart:

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

thank you! i'll give it a listen soon. :)

I had never heard of Fucked Up until this thread. I wish someone would have mentioned beforehand they were hardcore. I wouldn't have spent time on that if I had known. That sounds slightly mean, but I've just never been into that kind of music at all.

I had never heard of Fucked Up until this thread. I wish someone would have mentioned beforehand they were hardcore. I wouldn't have spent time on that if I had known. That sounds slightly mean, but I've just never been into that kind of music at all.

I never had given that genre a try until Fucked Up.

Also I recommend The Weeknd. Free download too. Was Polaris shortlisted. Some cool R&B hazy post dubstep sounds going on here.

http://the-weeknd.com/

Listening to Fucked Up to see what you guys are talking about.

Uh, I kinda love this so far. :|

It reminds me of some other band but I can't think of the name jfdshgsagadga.

And it's not like it's metalcore screaming or something, it's more just oldschoolish punk vocals. :nod:

Has anyone listened to any great albums from July? I know it's only been a week, but I was just curious. If not, what albums are coming out this month that I might be interested in?

I don't really pay attention to what month the albums are released, cause most of the time they leak :tongue: The Horrors new on is supposed to be good, tho.

I've been stuck on "w h o k i l l" by tUnE-yArDs for the past few days. True story. :nod:

Also, "In Light" by Givers is pretty good. It's a nice little debut. They're slightly reminiscent of Vampire Weekend, as they have similar vibes. That's not to say they sound like them, because they don't.