✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[29-July-2011] Coldplay @ Fuji Rock Festival: Naeba Ski Resort, Japan

Mimixxx

What did they do in place of Everything's Not Lost? Sorry to see that gone, but they can't do every song,lol.

I don't think they did a replacement. I mean for the iTunes show they played Moving to Mars instead but this time I think they just played one less song.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am very happy that they removed shiver and everythings not lost. Now all they have to do is remove major minus and charlie brown, and it will be the best show ever!

OK.. I kinda, i mean barely agree with you on MM, but charlie brown?? Are you crazy! I think to most, not all, but the majority of coldplay fans that would be like dropping fix you or viva or clocks out of the setlist. It might make you happy, but I doubt it would make most coldplay fans happy, which is why it certainly would NOT be the best show ever if they dropped Charlie Brown. ( Sorry, I think i just got a little defensive of my favorite new song:P )

OK.. I kinda, i mean barely agree with you on MM, but charlie brown?? Are you crazy! I think to most, not all, but the majority of coldplay fans that would be like dropping fix you or viva or clocks out of the setlist. It might make you happy, but I doubt it would make most coldplay fans happy, which is why it certainly would NOT be the best show ever if they dropped Charlie Brown. ( Sorry, I think i just got a little defensive of my favorite new song:P )

dropping viva will NEVER happen. its such a great song and one of their most famous songs. i agree with dropping clocks. i never liked that song. but to be honest, im not really fond of any of their new stuff. Its like they lost their sound. I am very very scared about this new album, I think they are gonna blow it this time. I mean it took them 3 years to come up with this stuff. I am not trying to start a fight or an argument, but like I think they tried too hard. Sorta like with x&y. Viva la vida was the best album in my opinion, it spoke about war, death, and etc. It had an amazing sound to it. I think Christmas Lights is the last great song we will hear from them in a while, its all downhill from here :(

And i think we can all agree that they should bring back Lovers in japan!!!!! :D

dropping viva will NEVER happen. its such a great song and one of their most famous songs. i agree with dropping clocks. i never liked that song. but to be honest, im not really fond of any of their new stuff. Its like they lost their sound. I am very very scared about this new album, I think they are gonna blow it this time. I mean it took them 3 years to come up with this stuff. I am not trying to start a fight or an argument, but like I think they tried too hard. Sorta like with x&y. Viva la vida was the best album in my opinion, it spoke about war, death, and etc. It had an amazing sound to it. I think Christmas Lights is the last great song we will hear from them in a while, its all downhill from here :(

I'm kindly gonna have to agree to disagree with you sir. I think Coldplay have gotten progressively better and better with each album (OK, x&y was a letdown, but as you said, viva is there best, which I agree, so I'd say they recovered nicely) and I think this may be there best album yet. You say they "lost there sound", but how can a band lose there sound? It really is impossible, a band's sound is whatever they want it too, it's there music. Now whether that pleases all is a different story, but that's just a matter of opinion. ( For instance, although x&y is my least favorite album, there are those who think it's the best, I cannot change that, and would not try to)

But I digress, my defense of our favorite band is this: If anything coldplay have found there sound again. Listen to parachutes, the piano only features strongly in 2 songs, ENL and Trouble. Everything else was raw acoustic and electric guitar. Notice how in every new song performed live ( For the sake of this argument, I will not even consider ETIAW ) features Chris on acoustic guitar and well of course Johnny tearing it up. Now of course we are not going to get parachutes part 2, or viva la vida part 2, but why would we want that? That would be boring and repetitive. To me that's what makes an album special, it cannot, nor should it try to be repeated. Coldplay is taking even longer then usaul to complete this album, and you say the are trying to hard, but would we want them to not try and just phone it in? Coldplays work ethic and humility to realize they can always get better is what makes them, in my opinion, the best band in the world. So if they think they are putting out there BEST effort with this album, who are we to doubt them? Whether or not you or I like it, is just a matter of taste and opinion, but I have NO doubt coldplay will put out a well thought out and well put together album, they have proved over there career just how good they are, and we can only look to the past, to know what we can expect in the future. Yes I also believe VLVoDAAHF is there best album yet, and this next one may not be better, but I think it will be. Yes it will be different, sure you may not like it, but change is just part of life, and while not always, sometimes it can be for the best.

I think I can speak for every Coldplay fan, yourself included, when I say, I hope you're wrong. And to speak for myself only, I can honestly say I know you are wrong. They will not release a disappointing album, and if I'm wrong well I just stuck my foot and my mouth, but we'll cross that road when we get to it. How about in the meantime we just take our boys advice " Just be patient and don't worry" "Cause you lost your faith, and you never should have, no you never should have" " And I have NO DOUBT, one day the sun will come out"

P.S Yes they should bring back Lovers in Japan, amazing live song!:)

Well I don't like seeing they dropped Shiver and Everything's Not Lost. :(

I'd much rather see them drop Viva or Fix You (I know this will never happen :p), but I'm probably alone. I mean, it worked brilliantly even before these songs existed. Ah whatever, don't want to start an argument.

There are people at Fuji Rock that weren’t even born when Little Creatures formed. I suppose that’s true of every band, because people bring their tiny kids to the festival to give them an early taste of tinnitus and mud. But still, LC formed in 1987, which is like a long time ago.

Little Creatures are playing the Naeba Shokudo, the smallest stage at the festival. About 200 feet away, Coldplay are playing the massive Green Stage, and for some reason they’ve attracted the bigger crowd. Both bands play dreamlike music, but only one of them puts you to sleep.

I should confess that I wasn’t exactly watching Little Creatures. I had my back to them, drinking ale in the World Food Court. But I could hear them, so I think it still counts. And part of the Fuji Rock experience is having a top band as background music.

When the first song ended, wafts of “Yellow” came across the trees, and everyone shared a moment – giving the giants a miss and choosing the minnows. Then the Creatures kick off again and drown out Coldplay.

I’d describe their music, but I was only half listening. I asked the people at the table to give me some comments for this piece, but all I got was: “quite tasty, aren’t they?” and “they know how to slap a bass.” Hopefully that’s enough.

http://www.fujirock.com/2011/07/little-creatures-quite-tasty-and-know-how-to-slap-a-bass/

Well I don't like seeing they dropped Shiver and Everything's Not Lost. :(

I'd much rather see them drop Viva or Fix You (I know this will never happen :p), but I'm probably alone. I mean, it worked brilliantly even before these songs existed. Ah whatever, don't want to start an argument.

You Are not alone :) as you can see :) but yep, no need to start another discussion. I completely agree with you.