✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay To Play London's Hyde Park this summer?

busybeeburns

091110_js_coldplay.jpg

Coldplay To Play London's Hyde Park?

Announcing the beginning of their comeback with already confirmed headline sets at a number of UK festivals, it now looks likely Coldplay will be adding a headline show at Hyde Park this summer.

As part of the promotional push for the upcoming release of their fifth studio album, Coldplay have already been announced as a headliner at Glastonbury, T in the Park and Oxegen as well as Rock AM Ring in Germany and Pinkpop in Holland.

Coldplay’s last album, ‘Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends’, was released in 2008 and the band followed it with a gruelling tour schedule which finally ended in March 2010 in South America after visiting countries all over the World. During a handful of shows a live album was recorded called ‘LeftRightLeftRightLeft’ and this was given out as a free gift at later tour dates as well as being available for download from the bands website. Coldplay also released a one off Christmas single ‘Christmas Lights’ which peaked at #13 in the UK singles charts.

The new album is yet to receive a title and, despite first being reported as ‘almost complete’ in June 2010, is now said to be unlikely to arrive until Autumn 2011. Lead singer and main songwriter Chris Martin when asked by the BBC about the new album said, "It's about love, addiction, OCD, escape and working for someone you don't like."

Hyde Park already has an impressive list of shows confirmed for this summer including Arcade Fire and Kings Of Leon as well as Hard Rock Calling which features Rod Stewart and Bon Jovi as headliners.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/164110/9

There are two Hyde Park gigs, a one off concert on the 30th June that the Arcade Fire are playing at, but Coldplay will be in Poland on that day.

The other is Hard Rock Calling, on 24-26 June. Rod Stewart is headlining the Saturday, Bon Jovi on the Sunday. No headliner has been announced yet on the Friday. Which means 24th June is the only day Coldplay could play, which is one night before Glastonbury performance.http://www.hardrockcalling.co.uk/2011/info/category/event_information

The O2 Wireless Festival is the 1sth July to 3rd July.

A couple years ago when Blur did the 2 big hyde park dates they used the set-up from Wireless Festival (Stage, security fence etc), so it could be possible that Coldplay play a headline set at some point between Hard-Rock calling & O2 Wireless

Arcade Fire have got the arena on the 30th, so that leaves the 27th, 28th & 29th in June and the first week in July they could announce a show

My money is on the 27th or the 5th July

what, they mean as there own gig or part of a festival?
There are two Hyde Park gigs, a one off concert on the 30th June that the Arcade Fire are playing at, but Coldplay will be in Poland on that day.

The other is Hard Rock Calling, on 24-26 June. Rod Stewart is headlining the Saturday, Bon Jovi on the Sunday. No headliner has been announced yet on the Friday. Which means 24th June is the only day Coldplay could play, which is one night before Glastonbury performance.

Friday 24 June (TBC): Doors 14:00 - Show 16:00

Saturday 25 June (Bon Jovi + Guests): Doors 12:00 - Show 13:45

Sunday 26 June (Rod Stewart + Guests): Doors 12:00 - Show 13:45

http://www.hardrockcalling.co.uk/2011/info/category/event_information

The O2 Wireless Festival is the 1sth July to 3rd July.

A couple years ago when Blur did the 2 big hyde park dates they used the set-up from Wireless Festival (Stage, security fence etc), so it could be possible that Coldplay play a headline set at some point between Hard-Rock calling & O2 Wireless

Arcade Fire have got the arena on the 30th, so that leaves the 27th, 28th & 29th in June and the first week in July they could announce a show

My money is on the 27th or the 5th July

This all could have just been easily announced earlier this year "Coldplay will be headlining every single major festival before releasing the new album this year" Then we would not have gotten so exited early on about LP5.

This all could have just been easily announced earlier this year "Coldplay will be headlining every single major festival before releasing the new album this year" Then we would not have gotten so exited early on about LP5.

Maybe they didn't know it themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hyde Park or what???

Wow, I haven't been active in so long that I barely know what to type here :(

Just, well what ever happened to the Hyde Park rumours? :\

I think a one-off Coldplay-orientated, non-festival, but festival-ish, outdoors show... in London... is definitely (possibly) on the cards at the very least. It's home isn't it? And a great way to promote an album considering they are playing it large already! :)

The tour dates are all so crazy and see them off everywhere else for so long, that I can't begin to imagine when the album will be released. It's going to take some time of being in the UK/London in and around the launch date, and ugh... is it posible to be October now? Weird to release an album right after a 20 show tour don't you think? :o

Just still.... rambling but hoping for a Hyde Park show after all. The support would be immense and, even though I saw them in December already, I'm just in desperate need of a fix! As is everyone ofc. :)