✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Buckland Religion~Official Thread

BlissfullyMuse

Posted by MosesTheMarshmellow I he gig thread:

Great article, photos, and video!

Funny you should make that comment about Jonny's guitar being especially present - I noticed on Clocks and Paradise, Jonny did a couple extra things [though the fact that he was using a Telecaster instead of Strat on Paradise prevented him from making the solo extra-good as it was in the MX era]. Atlas was clearly a fun time for Jonny - slide and ebow, a combo we haven't seen since, you named it, See You Soon. In particular though, Jonny played electric on Christmas Lights where previously he played acoustic guitar. Hence, he really shined through on the solo near the end of the song as well as throughout - and I noticed this because after hearing the last few live versions, I would always think to myself "I wish Jonny would play the electric on this so we could hear that damn solo!" And indeed - he started playing the solo in the 2011 rendition of the song, but still on acoustic. So he kind of granted my wish here by playing it on electric.

That's my long Jonny rant for the day. 

Posted by MosesTheMarshmellow I he gig thread:

Great article, photos, and video!

Funny you should make that comment about Jonny's guitar being especially present - I noticed on Clocks and Paradise, Jonny did a couple extra things [though the fact that he was using a Telecaster instead of Strat on Paradise prevented him from making the solo extra-good as it was in the MX era]. Atlas was clearly a fun time for Jonny - slide and ebow, a combo we haven't seen since, you named it, See You Soon. In particular though, Jonny played electric on Christmas Lights where previously he played acoustic guitar. Hence, he really shined through on the solo near the end of the song as well as throughout - and I noticed this because after hearing the last few live versions, I would always think to myself "I wish Jonny would play the electric on this so we could hear that damn solo!" And indeed - he started playing the solo in the 2011 rendition of the song, but still on acoustic. So he kind of granted my wish here by playing it on electric.

That's my long Jonny rant for the day. 

He used the tele for paradise on the later legs of the 2012 touring as well.

Head on as far as Atlas goes though, one of the big reasons I've loved the song since the first time I heard it is that Jonny's part is very old school, similar to what he was doing on AROBTTH and has kind of moved on from since.

Also pleased to see the walnut tele make another appearance there, as I was sure he painted it for MX, but I guess he has two in that color.

seeing jonny use an e-bow and a slide made me cry because we "waited" 10 years, 10 long years to see him play like that again, and I literally cried, my mom yelled at me because i was crying for a stupid video

this! I love it when he uses an e-bow and a slide :D I was very happy to see it make its return :lol:

LOVE that video.

:D

Sharon, myself and Sharon's sister Annette, went to visit the Bakery on Friday, as they were over from America and it seemed too good an opportunity to waste.

We were extremely fortunate to meet Jonny and I would like to say, he is one of the nicest people you could ever want to meet.

There were about 12 or so people there, he drew up in a car and ran over the road to talk to us all. He spent about 10 minutes with us. Signing things for everyone, nothing seemed too much trouble, and then posing for photos with everyone. I didn't have anything for him to sign, and it didn't seem that important, just meeting him was enough.

Here are a couple of photos we took of the event.

8SDKhGrl.jpg

H6j0PfUl.jpg

lDCJ4Z3l.jpg

bRUx9skl.jpg

Vq7IRYSl.jpg

DKoeqQHl.jpg]

What a sweetheart he is. :heart: and VERY very tall! :D

We also met Phil, who is also very very lovely. :heart:

• Like 1

seeing jonny use an e-bow and a slide made me cry because we "waited" 10 years, 10 long years to see him play like that again, and I literally cried, my mom yelled at me because i was crying for a stupid video

He's played that way all along, just not nearly as much as he used to. Though I agree it's great to see it back.

LOVE that video.

:D

Sharon, myself and Sharon's sister Annette, went to visit the Bakery on Friday, as they were over from America and it seemed too good an opportunity to waste.

We were extremely fortunate to meet Jonny and I would like to say, he is one of the nicest people you could ever want to meet.

There were about 12 or so people there, he drew up in a car and ran over the road to talk to us all. He spent about 10 minutes with us. Signing things for everyone, nothing seemed too much trouble, and then posing for photos with everyone. I didn't have anything for him to sign, and it didn't seem that important, just meeting him was enough.

Here are a couple of photos we took of the event.

8SDKhGrl.jpg

H6j0PfUl.jpg

lDCJ4Z3l.jpg

bRUx9skl.jpg

Vq7IRYSl.jpg

DKoeqQHl.jpg]

What a sweetheart he is. :heart: and VERY very tall! :D

We also met Phil, who is also very very lovely. :heart:

That's awesome Row! So very happy for you! Congratulations! :-)

I was scrolling through twitter and suddenly this appeared, Jonny without hat and it looks recent :o

BcHZW0OIEAIvkFi.jpg

Wow! Who tweeted that?

I agree. Having a ton of hair, thin hair or no hair at all is cool with me. Jonny is adorable no matter what he does. :thumbsup:

Except maybe it bothers him. Baldness is a very sensitive issue for a lot of men, especially those as relatively young as Jonny. (though from that picture, he has more hair left than I would've guessed.) Even if everybody around someone is fine with it, it can still be a source of emotional stress.

Alternatively, perhaps he's cool with it, but just doesn't see it fitting into how he wants to present himself publicly/on stage.

Except maybe it bothers him. Baldness is a very sensitive issue for a lot of men, especially those as relatively young as Jonny. (though from that picture, he has more hair left than I would've guessed.) Even if everybody around someone is fine with it, it can still be a source of emotional stress.

Alternatively, perhaps he's cool with it, but just doesn't see it fitting into how he wants to present himself publicly/on stage.

Probably a bit of both. He's been losing it since his late 20's. Any guy would be self conscious about something like that. Nobody needs to be, but it's completely understandable. And then there are the expectations placed on band members from the outside. They're supposed to look a certain way. Human traits like premature male pattern baldness just don't fit into the mix. ;-) but who cares? You don't need a head full of hair to play an amazing guitar! :-)

Probably a bit of both. He's been losing it since his late 20's. Any guy would be self conscious about something like that. Nobody needs to be, but it's completely understandable. And then there are the expectations placed on band members from the outside. They're supposed to look a certain way. Human traits like premature male pattern baldness just don't fit into the mix. ;-) but who cares? You don't need a head full of hair to play an amazing guitar! :-)

True. I was just making the point that for many people, it doesn't really matter how many people tell them their hair loss isn't a negative thing, because it's a very personal issue for a lot of people (as with various other forms of body image issues.)

Since he's so adamant about wearing a hat (even being seen with one in pictures not directly intended for the public such as the photos from Chloe's twitter account) it's probably safe to say it bothers him at least a little.