✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Apprentice (UK) 2011

I've not really been impressed by any of them so far...................... :dozey:

It's the first season of The Apprentice in my life... maybe because I am currently job hunting I find it very intriguing to watch.

Leon is my mates brother, he is a really nice guy in real life, and much smarter than he is portrayed and given credit for on this show!

I reckon he's one of the favourites. Seems pretty level-headed and non-confrontational.

• 4 weeks later...
I hope Jim's gonna win it. I reckon it's either gonna be him or Helen.

I can't stand Melody, really hope she'll have to leave soon.

She is excruciatingly annoying in every way, but especially in the way she speaks.

Then again, I find Jim really annoying in that department too!:dozey:

She is excruciatingly annoying in every way, but especially in the way she speaks.

Then again, I find Jim really annoying in that department too!:dozey:

Melody annoys me because she's so self-obsessed. She doesn't actually do market research, she just tries to convince her research groups that her ideas are brilliant. Similarly, she'll lie to her teams about her findings to convince them that she's right. It's such a stupid thing to do, surely you would want your team to win so you won't get fired.

Melody annoys me because she's so self-obsessed. She doesn't actually do market research, she just tries to convince her research groups that her ideas are brilliant. Similarly, she'll lie to her teams about her findings to convince them that she's right. It's such a stupid thing to do, surely you would want your team to win so you won't get fired.

^^ THIS!!!

especially the one where she pretty much hogged all the appointments for herself & made a point of emphasising how they're all hers cos she set them up...blahblahblah

wotta team player! :rolleyes:

i don't think she'll win tho...she'd be a threat/liability to Lord Sugar as a business partner going by her self-centred behaviour so far. & he seems to have noticed how she goes about doing her "market research".

Yaay Melody finally had to leave! She seemed much nicer on 'You're fired' to be fair though.

They pretty much all do IMO. Even Stuart Baggs came across better on there last year!:P

It's probably because they're no longer in competition.

• 2 weeks later...
Tom won! :o

I'm delighted for him. Not that Helen was nasty, or anything like that, but Tom comes across as such an affable guy!:cool:

All four of the finalists are more or less guaranteed success in the future, anyway, so there are no losers there.

However, Tom was definitely the right man for Lord Sugar.;)

And what a classic exchange between Margaret and Jim during the interview process:

Margaret: "Please describe yourself in one sentence without using a cliche."

Jim: "I am what it says on the tin."

Probably my favourite moment of the entire series!:laugh3:

What a bright spark! Inventor Tom Pellereau is Lord Sugar's newest business partner winning The Apprentice

By Sarah Fitzmaurice

Last updated at 7:49 PM on 18th July 2011

He had the worst record of the final four after succeeding in just three tasks throughout the process but Tom Pellereau has won The Apprentice.

The inventor, 32, has become Lord Alan Sugar’s newest business partner and is the recipient of a £250,000 cash injection to start up his business with the help of the multi-millionaire.

The final of the series saw Tom and the other finalists, skincare entrepreneur Susan Ma, executive assistant Helen Milligan, and sales and marketing manager Jim Eastwood, undergo a grilling by four of Lord Sugar’s trusted aides.

article-2015796-0D0C417D00000578-769_634x415.jpg He's a bright spark!Tom Pellereau celebrates winning The Apprentice with his new business partner Lord Alan Sugar

article-2015796-0D0C42E700000578-628_306x624.jpg

article-2015796-0D0C43C500000578-964_306x624.jpg

New partners: Lord Sugar and the inventor will be working together on Tom's chair idea as well as incorporating his curved nail file, which he invented before he appeared on the show, into the business

And it seems that against all the odds, Tom’s business plan, or at least an adaption of his office seat, proved to be the winning idea, alongside his curved nail file, that he managed to get into Walmart before appearing on the show.

Speaking on You're Hired show after the final episode Lord Sugar explaining why he hired Tom, said: 'I'm a product man at heart.'

article-2015796-0D05FBD500000578-836_634x472.jpg [second chance? Tom beat Jim, Helen and Susan to the top spot but it seems that Susan may have been offered a lifeline by Lord Sugar who suggested they could do a deal together in the future and said he was keen to stay in close contact with her

It seems that the inventor's ideas and his design ability appealed to Lord Sugar although the entrepreneur did say the chair idea needed 'a lot of work.'

Tom told the Daily Mail that 'serendipity' led him to apply for the show.

He said: 'I had the worst week of my life and I heard and advert on the radio about this series. I split with a serious girlfriend, my career was falling apart. It was a last-gasp thin to apply.'

More...

And it appears that Tom is enjoying a double celebration, he just got engaged to Sarah Fawcus, a fellow engineer he met just three weeks before appearing on the show.

Tom, who proposed before learning he had won the show, told The Sun: 'We are both big geeks and the wedding is going to be incredible fun.'

article-2015796-0D0DB35E00000578-561_306x438.jpg

article-2015796-0D0DB37200000578-128_306x438.jpg

Celebration: After being told he had won The Apprentice Tom left the building and threw a first into the air in celebration

And it seems that things aren't all over for Susan and Lord Sugar appeared to suggest the pair could be working together in the future.

The businessman said he wanted to venture into the cosmetics business and said: 'I would like to keep in close contact with her, before adding, I think there is a little deal to be done.'

Didn't think Tom would win. C'mon, can you imagine Tom's nail file 2.0: Sugar's finest; or Lord Sugar's chair... or device. lol On the other hand, Lord Sugar was clearly after Tom's patents. ;)

A shame that Helen disappointed with her business plan. She was amazing and should have won so I'm a bit gutted that she didn't at least got offered some sort of job although I imagine that she now really has to start her own business. The show should have given her plenty of courage.

Didn't think Tom would win. C'mon, can you imagine Tom's nail file 2.0: Sugar's finest; or Lord Sugar's chair... or device. lol On the other hand, Lord Sugar was clearly after Tom's patents. ;)

A shame that Helen disappointed with her business plan. She was amazing and should have won so I'm a bit gutted that she didn't at least got offered some sort of job although I imagine that she now really has to start her own business. The show should have given her plenty of courage.

I think Lord Sugar wanted to work with him right from the beginning. He got through for what he did in the past rather for how he did in the show. He seems like a nice guy though so good luck to him.

I wanted Jim to him. I know he came across as quite arrogant but there's something about him that I like. Anyway I'm sure all four finalists will do well in the future.