🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Annoying Idioms

Prince Myshkin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think those idioms are as annoying as idioms in my language. They are always very long.

An example:

"Berakit-rakit ke hulu, berenang-renang ke tepian, bersakit-sakit dahulu, bersenang-senang kemudian." Which means that you have to work hard to be able to be successful.

I'd rather just get to the point.

Pot calls the kettle black (and other variants) - used if somebody is hypocritical (the kettle and pot are both black in this scenario).

For example if I lambasted somebody for being too beautiful and amazing.

I don't see how that example applies. :tongue:

At first I didn't either, but now I think he's implying that he's also beautiful and amazing.

:tongue:

I think you're confusing that smiley with this one: :confused:

Not really. The fact that you appeared surprised that I didn't like that phrase meant you didn't realise why, and then that appeared to be the case when you looked 'shocked' at me spelling it out for you.

Not really. The fact that you appeared surprised that I didn't like that phrase meant you didn't realise why, and then that appeared to be the case when you looked 'shocked' at me spelling it out for you.

No, I was just expressing shock at the explicit nature of the post, that's all!:P

At first I didn't either, but now I think he's implying that he's also beautiful and amazing.

:tongue:

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. haha

:lol:

Well spotted.:P

And I took it to mean Alice disagreed!:P

That is called irony. If you knew Greg you'd know he couldn't have been serious.