✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I hate grammar nazis

Destrokk

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as people dont type like "i cu wat ur syin bt i thnk dat we shud all get alng" and it's straightforward enough to read the sentence, then whats the problem? People stress over little things like not writing with perfect grammar is ruining the English language, but if the only thing you read are text messages and forum posts in your life then thats your problem.

Especially the "dont" or "don't" rule, I DONT see why it is so annoyingly necessary to include an apostrophe, this is a habit I won't let go of. I'm perfectly capable of writing with an apostrophe as I do if I'm writing something more official, for work or something professional, but fussing over it when it doesnt matter, good lawd get a life.

I hope my lack of apostrophes didnt cause anyones mind to explode, because thats how people make it sound.

Bah, I am a spelling nazi. :phu:

I hate it when people spell 'terrible' as 'terribel' etc

But I don't really bother about grammar mistakes though, because my grammar is like the worst on the board. :disappointed:

Like, sometimes I make mistakes, chill. And I have my excuse. You should be amazed I know how to read and write english without going to any english speaking school. Like DANM. But when I misspell "hipocrite" or "therefor" I'm the town's idiot.

And when I tell someone nouratan spells horrible, they say "calm down she's just lazy"

tipin lik dis isnt lazi its jst stuped

Like, sometimes I make mistakes, chill. And I have my excuse. You should be amazed I know how to read and write english without going to any english speaking school. Like DANM.

*DAMN. :thinking:

You do not have to thank me.

Like, sometimes I make mistakes, chill. And I have my excuse. You should be amazed I know how to read and write english without going to any english speaking school. Like DANM. But when I misspell "hipocrite" or "therefor" I'm the town's idiot.

And when I tell someone nouratan spells horrible, they say "calm down she's just lazy"

tipin lik dis isnt lazi its jst stuped

Neither did I but I've never used it as an excuse. It's obviously wrong when people make fun of you if you make mistakes but I've always preferred it when people point it out to me. You're a lot more likely to improve your English that way.

It depends, I mean if it's your native language, the way you write says a lot about you. If it's not your native language it's fine to make some grammar mistakes if the other people can understand what you're saying.

Still think that people who can't tell the difference between your and you're are dumb.

And I hate people who type like this:

i cu wat ur syin bt i thnk dat we shud all get alng

They are stupid. Kids do that in spanish too, I can't even understand what they're saying sometimes [/old person comment]