May 28, 201115 yr I'm going to try and do something different with my tape this time I think, seeing as its only a 'small' exchange.
May 28, 201115 yr is it based on the combination of songs or does it have to be strictly unknown stuff?
May 28, 201115 yr I shall participate, and attempt to do it right this time. Please do sign me up. :)
May 29, 201115 yr Author I think I'm gonna back out of this one. are you sure? give me your final answer by tomorrow.
May 29, 201115 yr i don't know whether to do it or not. :( I guess I could find the time to make the mixtape but then I think I'll be SOOO busy when the time comes to listen to the mixtape I'll recieve and review it.
May 29, 201115 yr is it based on the combination of songs or does it have to be strictly unknown stuff? The purpose of the mixtape exchange is to introduce the person you're making your tape for to music they haven't heard of before. Once you find out who your partner is, you'll have to do a bit of research on that person. Thankfully, most of us have Last.fm pages somewhere in our signatures that allows you to see what we do listen to, so you'll be able to see where our tastes lie. Those who don't have Last pages are usually good about coming into the thread and letting everyone know what they do like. :nice: It doesn't necessarily have to be all completely unknown, however. For MTE 6, I put a Vampire Weekend cover of "Exit Music (for a Film)" by Radiohead on a tape, and my person knew Radiohead. Granted, he did end up telling me that he thought it was wack, but he recognized it. :laugh4: I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any other questions that you might have. :smiley:
May 29, 201115 yr Author i don't know whether to do it or not. :( I guess I could find the time to make the mixtape but then I think I'll be SOOO busy when the time comes to listen to the mixtape I'll recieve and review it. It's up to you. Also I'm making it so I'll be giving out mixtapes soon after I receive them, so there's a good chance you'll get more time to review it. But if you can let me know soonish that'd be great. Actually if everyone who is uncertain can give me their final answer or people still have about 6 hours to sign up. then I'll mix up names and send out your mixtape partner. So you guys should get it by tonight sometime.
May 29, 201115 yr Author I feel tempted to participate but I might produce a sucky mixtape :shame: go for it dude!
May 29, 201115 yr Author yeah... stop being such a girly man... :lol: If you're worried about making a sucky mixtape, then make sure you don't do it and pick your favorite songs or something
May 29, 201115 yr Give me some time to think about it. When is the deadline again? *is too lazy to go to the first page* :P Ruby you're such a girl, just enter to the mixtape thing :P :disappointed: But Ren is way more girly than I am :wacky:
May 29, 201115 yr Whoa that was quick! It seems like the last one just finished. Not complaining though!!! Count me in.
May 29, 201115 yr Dude, I just remembered the times are in eastern time. I'm getting this an hour sooner than I thought I was. YESSSSS. :cheesy:
Create an account or sign in to comment