✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coachella To Hold Two Consecutive Weekend Festivals In 2012

Raaj

Couldn't make it to this year's Coachella because tickets sold out too quickly or were too expensive? Well, you're in luck. According to its website, the three-day music festival will be held April 13-15 and then April 20-22 with plans to "produce two identical festival weekends. That means same lineup, same art, same place, different people."

The message on the Coachella website continues:

We know many of you were unable to attend this year's festival because passes sold out much sooner than anticipated. We were truly surprised by the overwhelming response and remain honored by your passion and enthusiasm. We also know some of you purchased through non legitimate sources and were inconvenienced, gouged or totally scammed. We hope that these changes will give everyone the opportunity to purchase directly from Coachella.com

Just as interesting as all of this is the fact that advance tickets will go on sale this Friday, June 3 at 10 a.m. PST until the following Friday, June 10 at 10 p.m. It's all part of what festival organizers are calling the Coachella Payment Plan. You will be able to purchase passes through a payment plan of 10 percent down followed by eight monthly payments. Or you can just buy the three-day passes in full at $269.

My only question is: how many people are going to blindly spend $269 without knowing who will be performing?

(prefixmag.com)

I spent all morning imploding about this.

Good luck, Goldenvoice, on convincing every one of your performers to halt their tour for a week so they can hang around the desert southwest for the week between their Coachella sets.

If I have to blindly choose a weekend (and I'm still undecided on my course of action), I'm going for Weekend #1. I can't imagine the bands will be too enthusiastic by the time that second weekend rolls around.

i had a good feeling about Coachella after this year event. i felt that the festival had really come of age this year. with the brilliant online webcast they had people all over the world talking about it, i'm sure it trended on twitter 4 days straight. on top of that you had those now legendary sets from arcade fire and kanye.

and they have almost a full year to sell the tickets. so if it doesn't sell out now it probably will after the lineup is announced. and with 160 000 people spending $269 each. they should be able to get whoever the hell they want to headline. the gate receipts alone work out to be over $43 million.

and when i first heard about this i had the same reaction as Corkus. what the hell are the bands going to do for the week between the shows. but i'm sure there are countless cities and venues to play near and around Indio.

they can do what bands do when they come to australia with a travelling festival. they perform at the festival on the weekend and during the week they do their own headline shows at venues in and around that city. we call em sideshows.