✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

DVD Documentary

Mimi_Two

I could help but notice on the DVD that the rest of the band's interaction with Chris was minimal and purely perfunctional. Whilst you would see Guy, Jonny and Will constantly fooling around, talking, laughing and jamming with each other the only real interaction you would see with Chris and the others are on stage and in interviews.

When Chris says Guy looks like a geography teacher, Jonny and Will both snap: 'That's not true!!'. And when Chris is laughing at Guy's stupid remarks ("They have Spain in geography don't they?") Will just glares at Chris then turns away - in fact he never laughs when Chris cracks a joke. And Jonny and Chris do not come across as friendly as they do in interviews - in fact they barely even talk to each other.

Chris doesn't make it much better by requesting to fly to Cleveland, whilst the rest have to go by road - why won't he go in the bus with the rest of them? No wonder Jonny sticks his fingers up after!!

Maybe it is true....maybe they don't get on with Chris anymore.

Yeah, maybe it was a bad day of something. Think about it, thats only 40 minutes of thousands of hours of tape :) . Think of how long theyve been frends. I don't know...hu knows? They may have rough patches, like every frendship does from time to time. But Im pretty certain that they'll remain the best of frends for ages :D

He did say in an interview that he was scared of the cameras, so maybe that's why he was acting funny :huh::

COLDPLAY’s CHRIS MARTIN has said he was "petrified" whilst filming the behind the scenes footage for the band's new 'LIVE 2003' DVD.

The package, which includes a live CD, was released on Monday (November 10).

" It's very weird filming everyday life," Martin explained on the bands official website. "‘Cause you’re like slave to the camera and you’re thinking all the time 'I better do something interesting', but sometimes you end up just sitting totally still, petrified about doing anything."

Chris also revealed the reason they chose gig footage from a smaller venue for the DVD. "The reason we didn’t film a big gig was we had to leave ourselves somewhere to go," he explained. "There’s lots of people that don’t want to see us in a massive place and so the DVD we’re releasing is us in a medium sized place. There’s lots of people that hate us since we left the clubs and I understand why, so that’s why we haven’t gone for a stadium DVD first."

The DVD was filmed at Sydney’s Horden Pavilion, which was one of the smallest venues on the band's world tour. "It was the smallest that we could film it in and not make it look like, you know," he said. "I always think 'Live By The Sea', Oasis’ first DVD, was the right size, and then you see them at Maine Road and stuff."

As previously reported on NME.COM, the Sydney performance featured on ’Live 2003’ which was released on Monday (10), will be aired on Channel 4 early on Saturday (15) morning at 00.15am.

http://www.nme.com/news/106734.htm

I thought it was quite the opposite the band seemed to gel together really well, you could see that they enjoyed being in a band together.

Also no one is ever really quite themselves when on camera. And touring is supposedly quite monotonous despite the enjoyment and seeing the same people 24/7 can end up creating friction... but if anyone has ever seen Radioheads tour film Meeting People is Easy, in contrast Coldplay are getting on with each other better than mice and cheese! :D

Yeah it did look like Chris was trying to be funny at times and the other band members were looking at him thinking it wasn't that funny...I guess it must be odd being videotaped...but you know Chris and cameras, paparrazzi etc...

But, it's odd because everytime I hear Chris in interview he seems really relaxed and cheerful....

I liked the documentary....I thought Guy was the funniest and seemed the most at ease with the cameras. It was nice to seem him, since I don't ever get to hear or see much about him.

Chris says in the article mimi posted that they tried to shoot the DVD in a smaller place....that place looked pretty big to me. If it was not an arena, then it had to be pretty big! The place they played at here didn't as big as that.

But, overall I'm glad they added the documentary. It's interesting to see how they interact and spend some of their off time. Can't wait to see them in concert again...next time I'll wait before the concert and try to get a view much closer! :wink3:

i think it isn't their best gig.... because they aren't so closed to people as they were in other gigs... i mean, in barcelona they were and chris was very happy or talking more to the audience... but not only in these gigs, also in others i saw in tv... well... it is from my point of view.... but i like everything coldplay does!!! :D ;)