✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Does it really matter if it was Plagiarised or Sampled?

I haven't read past first post admittedly but for your info guys:

Chris was inspired to write Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall after hearing some chords in a nightclub scene in Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's film Biutiful (2010).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biutiful

The chords in the film are part of a track that is based on "I Go To Rio" written by Peter Allen and Adrienne Anderson, released by Peter Allen in 1976.

Actually, no.

According to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1164999/soundtrack

they heard exactly "Ritmo de la Noche". Jeez Christ.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Hahahaha! That's what I've been saying all along, and because it was coming from their PA, I almost thought "Well, surely she knows better" but then thought "No wait, they definitely heard THIS song, not that Rio one".

Oh Debs.

Actually, no.

According to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1164999/soundtrack

they heard exactly "Ritmo de la Noche". Jeez Christ.

She didn't say Peter Allen sang it in this movie, "Ritmo de la Noche" was done by Lorca, but they ONLY sang it, Peter Allen wrote and performed this song in the 70's when you were not even thought about yet, so that is why they are listed as the writers, Peter Allen also wrote the music for it. Coldplay sampled a taste of it, and there's nothing wrong with that. For those of you who like Hugh Jackman he portrayed Peter in a musical on Broadway and sang this same song.

Here's Peter singing it.

^Hahahaha! That's what I've been saying all along, and because it was coming from their PA, I almost thought "Well, surely she knows better" but then thought "No wait, they definitely heard THIS song, not that Rio one".

Oh Debs.

Why are you so many of you so quick to dis Debs? As Tracey points out, Debs is correct. "Ritmo de la Noce" is BASED on I Go to Rio.

"Ritmo de la Noche"

Performed by Lorca

Written by Harry Castioni, Alex Joerg Christensen, B. Lagonda, Wycombe, Peter Allen, Adrian Anderson

Courtesy of BLOOPER Production

Publishing HANSEATIC MUSIKVERLAG GMBH & CO KG/WARNER CHAPPELL MUSIC GERMANY/Rondor Musikverlag GMBH Universal Music Publishing,

S.A. De C.V.

AND

"I Go to Rio" is a popular song written by Peter Allen and Adrian Anderson, and performed by Allen. It became a signature song of Allen, as well as being covered by Peggy Lee and Pablo Cruise, among others, in addition to being subject to multiple soundtrack inclusions.

She didn't say Peter Allen sang it in this movie, "Ritmo de la Noche" was done by Lorca, but they ONLY sang it, Peter Allen wrote and performed this song in the 70's when you were not even thought about yet, so that is why they are listed as the writers, Peter Allen also wrote the music for it. Coldplay sampled a taste of it, and there's nothing wrong with that. For those of you who like Hugh Jackman he portrayed Peter in a musical on Broadway and sang this same song.

Here's Peter singing it.

Coldplay heard "Ritmo de la Noche", not "I'm go to Rio". The rest is just rights crap. The fact is Teardrop was "inspired" by "Ritmo de la Noche", crap cover for another song. See the difference.