✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Does it really matter if it was Plagiarised or Sampled?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, I'm getting sick of this.

Some people need to get fucking lives. Don't you have anything better to do than sit at a computer all day long and write an essay on how much you hate/think they plagiarized a song...? I mean really, this is getting annoying. I dislike many bands, but I don't sit on my ass all day writing why I hate them...

I'm not a huge fan of the new song to be honest..but really, get a fucking life.

Note : This isn't directed at anyone else except for the idiot who made this thread.

okay, I'm getting sick of this.

Some people need to get fucking lives. Don't you have anything better to do than sit at a computer all day long and write an essay on how much you hate/think they plagiarized a song...? I mean really, this is getting annoying. I dislike many bands, but I don't sit on my ass all day writing why I hate them...

I'm not a huge fan of the new song to be honest..but really, get a fucking life.

Note : This isn't directed at anyone else except for the idiot who made this thread.

I've never questioned whether they plagiarised a song or not, because I've known from step one that they have given credit to the original song writers.

By the way, most people who needlessly deviate to the point of "having a life" normally don't have one themselves.

I've never questioned whether they plagiarised a song or not, because I've known from step one that they have given credit to the original song writers.

By the way, most people who needlessly deviate to the point of "having a life" normally don't have one themselves.

haha good one.

Basically, what Reilly said.

I don't think it matters in the slightest that they sample another track. We all know that Chris is more than capable of writing far more complicated music than that of which they have sampled so it's not like it's a case of struggling to come up with anything decent and deciding to use that....
Why hasn't he written a more complicated song then? You know, for the first single off the new album?

Nope. I read it too. I understand what you're getting at.

Oh and did your little suggested "test" with my husband (playing all three songs). His response is best summarized as: :stunned:

That being said, I think the underlying issue that irks a lot of fans here is that there was a big huge buildup over the past couple of years about all this new stuff in the works, and the first new thing (aside from Christmas Lights) isn't even entirely "new". I think that's where (at least some of) the backlash is coming from. It's like a tiny little bitch-slap in the (fans') face.

However, I just heard from a fellow member who attended the festival that the other songs are fantastic. And apparently even more people are saying that. So that makes me happy. At the same time, it also makes me wonder why one of those other songs weren't released first instead of ETIAW. Although I suppose it's for the obvious "arena song for the festivals" reason.

I agree with you about the build-up, Carrie - also about the "arena song". I think they wanted to release it 'cause it's a good sing-a-long and a fun live song (at least in my opinion, although I haven't seen it live yet :P)

:heart:

I thought Phil said it was going to make a return but obviously it didn't :bigcry:

Maybe in the real tour :hug:

Basically, what Reilly said.

Why hasn't he written a more complicated song then? You know, for the first single off the new album?

Why does everything have to be complicated or whatever. So, they wrote a lyrically below average song - it's not the end of the world. :shrug: (Although I do like some of the lyrics, absolutely not all of them).

Lastly I just want to express my dislike of how Debs was talked to. It's so nice for the Coldplay fans to have her come around here from time to time - I think a little respect is in order (not just towards her, of course, but towards everyone).

I agree with you about the build-up, Carrie - also about the "arena song". I think they wanted to release it 'cause it's a good sing-a-long and a fun live song (at least in my opinion, although I haven't seen it live yet :P)

Maybe in the real tour :hug:

Why does everything have to be complicated or whatever. So, they wrote a lyrically below average song - it's not the end of the world. :shrug: (Although I do like some of the lyrics, absolutely not all of them).

Lastly I just want to express my dislike of how Debs was talked to. It's so nice for the Coldplay fans to have her come around here from time to time - I think a little respect is in order (not just towards her, of course, but towards everyone).

I agree with the respect thing. I am all for people having their own opinion and researching their facts to back up some statements but to be called a "fucking moron" quite frankly is unnecessary and I do not appreciate being called names. There is absolutely no need for people to be so rude to one another. I recall having the same problem on our official forum years ago and bullying etc. which is why I closed it. People hiding behind usernames and screens thinking it's ok to slag others off are cowards. I wonder if they behave like that face to face in the real world? Good luck with that...

(Sorry to be so off topic).

x

Guest howyousawtheworld

What a repulsive individual I have had the pleasure never to meet that cheeseman is.

I agree with the respect thing. I am all for people having their own opinion and researching their facts to back up some statements but to be called a "fucking moron" quite frankly is unnecessary and I do not appreciate being called names. There is absolutely no need for people to be so rude to one another. I recall having the same problem on our official forum years ago and bullying etc. which is why I closed it. People hiding behind usernames and screens thinking it's ok to slag others off are cowards. I wonder if they behave like that face to face in the real world? Good luck with that...

x

Seriously don't let it bother you. 99.9999999999999% of the people here adore you!

x

After the last week of teasers and excitement of trying to figure out all the clues the boy's have left for us, I should have never started reading this thread!! It makes me sad that a select few have decided to start ragging on the band, and attacking a close member of this Band who does so much for us as fans!!! Debs didn't deserve one ounce of the uncalled for names, she also didn't need nor should have to come to "defend" a song that is clearly a beautiful, upbeat, NEW, release by Coldplay.

Coldplay have been apart of my life for 10 years, and I am proud to say I am turning 49 next week, so I am one of the oldies on here. I have been around, and seen so much music over my life, and I was drawn to this band, and over the years have watched them grow, and put out the best music, best live concerts, and have such a warm connection to their fans, and go out of their way to treat their fans with respect, far better than any other band in the world, IMO.

Ok Mom's done now:rolleyes:

Well Debs, welcome to the internet, gets worse here everyday.

I'm pissed at cheeseman because after having various debates down the years and even writing an essay at the start of this thread, I begin to get some answers from someone who actually is involved with the band- and then, he hears that Coldplays PA is on the board and takes it upon himself to return, after not posting for ages, and get involved in something he's never cared about, and totally fuck it up and bring us off topic for the shock value with his harsh, uninformed opinion.

I knew that once he had done so it would spell the end of discussion with Debs over this, because even though cheeseman is a stranger and for all she knows he could be a total dolt, he still was abusive towards the mighty Debs, and this is such a shock to the system that we can seize all discussion.

What a repulsive individual I have had the pleasure never to meet that cheeseman is.

Hahaha! Sometimes its seriously like, what the fuck are you?!

Do you wear a monacle?

thanks

After the last week of teasers and excitement of trying to figure out all the clues the boy's have left for us, I should have never started reading this thread!! It makes me sad that a select few have decided to start ragging on the band, and attacking a close member of this Band who does so much for us as fans!!! Debs didn't deserve one ounce of the uncalled for names, she also didn't need nor should have to come to "defend" a song that is clearly a beautiful, upbeat, NEW, release by Coldplay.

Coldplay have been apart of my life for 10 years, and I am proud to say I am turning 49 next week, so I am one of the oldies on here. I have been around, and seen so much music over my life, and I was drawn to this band, and over the years have watched them grow, and put out the best music, best live concerts, and have such a warm connection to their fans, and go out of their way to treat their fans with respect, far better than any other band in the world, IMO.

Ok Mom's done now:rolleyes:

Thanks Mom - this old grand-father agrees.

Coldplay will face the jealousy of many people. great bands does not change both in their music. because stay statics and much more commercial dance music or pop music the sounds always same .

And I think Bono said one day - they are dangerous songwriters, its Coldplay and the height of their talents.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Well Debs, welcome to the internet, gets worse here everyday.

I'm pissed at cheeseman because after having various debates down the years and even writing an essay at the start of this thread, I begin to get some answers from someone who actually is involved with the band- and then, he hears that Coldplays PA is on the board and takes it upon himself to return, after not posting for ages, and get involved in something he's never cared about, and totally fuck it up and bring us off topic for the shock value with his harsh, uninformed opinion.

I knew that once he had done so it would spell the end of discussion with Debs over this, because even though cheeseman is a stranger and for all she knows he could be a total dolt, he still was abusive towards the mighty Debs, and this is such a shock to the system that we can seize all discussion.

Hahaha! Sometimes its seriously like, what the fuck are you?!

Do you wear a monacle?

:lol:

Reilly, I totally agree with you. I think I'd have been less offended if the song wasn't sampled, because knowing that it was sampled yet the boys didn't really do anything with it to make it their own just makes it even more disappointing than it really is. I totally get why people would say the songwriting here's just lazy, because it really does seem it.

I think the fact that ETIAW sounds more like 'Ritmo' than 'Rio' is purely a coincidence. Coldplay's been producing songs with more synth-y electronic sounds these days anyway, and that sound isn't exactly rare, is it? I guess they just "technologicalified" the original and it came out sounding very 90's europop-ish, like that Ritmo song is.

To all the people here who say we have no right to criticise Coldplay and that if we do, we're not true fans, you really need to stop spewing that crap. Most of us fans criticise them because we expect more from them, because we know they're capable of coming out with some really amazing tunes. ETIAW is not good enough for Coldplay.

Who are YOU to make this personal? It's not my fault coldplay created a terrible song and decided to release it.

The lyrics are crap, a 10 year old could write that, I've see them doing better things so I know they're talented. That'd why I said that. It seems they just wrote this to release a pop, radio friendly song, nothing more than that and it sucks considering what coldplay has done.

Anyway, I've seen you posting more of these blind fangirl posts so it's not surprising you're taking this so personally.

Lol , the funny thing is that If you really knew me or checked my lastfm you would be very surprised who am I fan off so it's quite funny that you are calling me fangirl :lol: .

Having said that , I'm fucking tired of people like you stating as a fact that the lyrics of the song are " crap , a 10 year old could write that" . I mean , if you think it it's okey but stop putting them as facts. And by the way , who do you believe you are to be judging their lyrics ? :laugh3: . I doubt you are 1/5 as talented as they are , and if you were( which it can be ) you are wasting way too much time on this forum.

But anyways , IDK , continue to make comments all over coldplaying like " the new song sucks " "Justin bieber does beetter than this " " this is crap " "arcade fire >>>>>> Coldplay " and stuff like that and pretending those comments are not goint to lead into fights you are delusional specially since you are on a coldplay forum. If you said that on UKmix or other forums it would be more debatable

I like the song. The other new ones are far better, but it's still fun, and I'll leave it at that. Also, the point about it being the same melody over and over again...HELLO?! The term is "verse." This piece of a song generally repeats the same melody with different lyrics each time.

In addition, I realize that (most of) the lyrics are pretty bad. But what did you expect? It's Coldplay. :dozey: