Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What does "Major Minus" MEAN?

Brent

This song is one of most direct songs of coldplay...Major Minus Media is about medias in the world that bring us such a fake reality making us blind and hide the truth from us , trust me this is something soo deep that coldplay tries to tell us. It says.. they got one eye watching you../who are they? Who is this one eye...to not be long do a short research see the 1 dollar pyramid and the one eye and do a research see what that means...u can read what Lady Diana have said to her friend about these "chrocodiles" before she died, friends open up your eyes and try to glow in the dark in time of riot that will soon appear ....

I didnt want to make it so long but trust me after u do a small research about what i said u ll gonna find all the meaning of the Viva la Vida and the new tracks especialy Major Minus

Enjoy the beautiful songs that coldplay brings us and try to catch the messages they give us cause they do really have a BIG meaning and are big warrnings to us

:stunned:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says a song title has to mean anything?

No, seriously. Think about it. There are plenty of artists who just make up random names for songs. When Muse was trying to think of a name for their song "Muscle Museum," they picked up a dictionary, looked up the words before and after the word "muse," and made it the name of the song. "Muscle Museum" doesn't mean anything to the song, nor does it affect it negatively.

:stunned:

I understand your reaction. But as I said u must do a research about the pyramid and the one eye that is in US 1 Dollar and whats it's meaning and then u will understand many things. You can also listen to the Muse song Uprising read the lyrics after u have researched about the one eye and u ll find out who are "they" in the muse and coldplay song. Also this song is about media cause media is all corrupted by the elite by the one eye. Sorry my english is not that good thats why i am not so clear to you ,...better do an independent short research

I think it major, doesn't mean big here but happy like the French "majeur". Happy but with a minus, you can be happy, but you're being watched by "them" and if you don't make up to their standards they'll make sure you won't be happy.

It's like 1984 by George Orwell. At least that's point of view...

Ooh the title always made me think of how in Newspeak, all adjectives are permutations of "good" and "bad." Major minus kind of fits into that grammatical form of doubleplusgood or..er..superbad. :lol:

It's about the time Jonny went to a sheep farm and he had to be careful.

Perhaps the words are actually:

Ewe, ewe-oooh, ewe, ewe-oooh

Got one eye on the ram and one on you!

<(^__^<)

Oh man, I've been reading the title as "Major Minor"....oh dear :L

Firs impressions of the song:

It seems kind of depressing to me to be honest! Someone earlier said the guys' jackets had "Major Minus Media" on them. This kind of gave me the impression of a 1984 "Big Brother"-esque thing.

"One eye on the road and one or you"....kind of like not wanting you to escape. I think it's like the media will finally take over all our life, that it owns us.

Depressing, but my interpretation ;)

Mysterious title, but at least we can exclude one of the meanings quoted in the dictionary for the word minus: :)

"relating to or being a particular one of the two mating types that are required for successful fertilization in sexual reproduction in some lower plants (as a fungus)"

Mysterious title, but at least we can exclude one of the meanings quoted in the dictionary for the word minus: :)

"relating to or being a particular one of the two mating types that are required for successful fertilization in sexual reproduction in some lower plants (as a fungus)"

I knew this song would bring out the Illuminati conspiracy folk.

To be honest i were scared that they corrupted colplay too after i saw the viva la vida video which is full of masonic gestures and signs an especialy with the eye they have in these new songs but when i heard this song i immediately understood whats that about and i am glad coldplay is in the side of the good

Ooh the title always made me think of how in Newspeak, all adjectives are permutations of "good" and "bad." Major minus kind of fits into that grammatical form of doubleplusgood or..er..superbad. :lol:

Perhaps the words are actually:

Ewe, ewe-oooh, ewe, ewe-oooh

Got one eye on the ram and one on you!

<(^__^<)

perhaps.

I'm a huge fan of "1984." I don't get the comparison, honestly.

Oooookay then. :anxious:

Yeah it's a stretch. What I was getting at is how in Newsspeak, the main adjectives are good, bad, and then different magnitudes of good and bad. "Minus" is a fairly basic concept I think - taking away, so it's analogous to "bad." And then "major" is the modifier (like plus, doubleplus). It's just something that came to mind because Major Minus has a somewhat similar grammatical structure: a modifier and a noun (vs 1984's adverb + adjective).

Newsspeak is supposed to reduce the ambiguity and shades of grey inherent to humanity and its ability to express itself through language; I suppose I could stretch further and apply that to the paparrazi interpretation of MM where perhaps the media breaks everything down into black and white/good and bad.

Just thinking out loud though. :embarrassed:

I understand your reaction. But as I said u must do a research about the pyramid and the one eye that is in US 1 Dollar and whats it's meaning and then u will understand many things. You can also listen to the Muse song Uprising read the lyrics after u have researched about the one eye and u ll find out who are "they" in the muse and coldplay song. Also this song is about media cause media is all corrupted by the elite by the one eye. Sorry my english is not that good thats why i am not so clear to you ,...better do an independent short research

This?

eye_of_the_one_dollar_pyramid.jpg

Ok, if the stories of conspiracy is true, concretly, What can happen?

The following is only my own personal interpretation, if you're not a fan of so-called 'conspiracies' skip over this :P

EDIT: decided to put this in a spoiler.

Firstly, the 'Major Minus Media' insignia on their jackets: symbolises brainwashing through the mainstream media. The words 'Major Minus' in this context would elude to the 'overwhelmingly negative' influence on the media in modern societies (lies, deception, etc). This is a good starting point for interpreting the rest of the lyrics (as is the all-seeing eye on their youtube video).

'We got one eye watching you / one eye on what you do / so be careful of what it is you're trying to do' - A warning that (what I'll call) 'big brother' is constantly scrutinising your every move. If your actions go against 'their' plan for society, you will be considered suspicious and possibly a threat.

'...so be careful who it is you're talking to' - This could be saying a couple of things. Either don't go around spreading what you know about who's pulling the strings (what they would consider 'conspiring' with other people), or simply, be aware of who your enemies are.

'Just be careful when you're walking into view' - Here they could be referencing CCTV and the surveillance state. This is especially relevant here in the UK, especially in built up areas such as Greater London.

'So be careful 'cause nothing they say is true' - Ties in with their 'Major Minus Media' symbolism. Beware of propaganda pushed by the mainstream media.

'Don't believe a word, it's just us against the world' - Don't trust anyone in a position of power who tells you they have your best interests at heart, ie: politicians. It's just us against the corrupt political classes that currently 'rule the world' (think I'm nuts yet?).

I'm not sure about the crocodile / Peter Pan reference yet, since Tick-Tock wasn't really a 'bad guy' from what I can remember. Maybe someone can help me out here.

'She can hear them climbing the stairs / I got my right side fighting while my left hides under the chairs' - My favourite lyric. It gives me the impression that the two characters (one male one female) are in hiding and the authorities are after them. The second part of the lyric is a metaphor for the male character's conflicting emotions: part of him wants to lash out against the powers that be, but another part of him is too afraid of what could happen to himself and the female character if he does - he has a dilemma on his hands. Paints a pretty vivid picture of what kind of world these characters have found themselves in.

I don't expect anyone to agree, but my feeling is that it's more than just the papparazzi following Chris around. It's also possible that I'm over analysing as per usual, but Coldplay have come out with politically themed songs before (see How You See The World II, Violet Hill - even Moving To Mars has a reference to overthrowing a government), and this just has a more 'personal' take on the subject.

Thank you for your thought. It's interesting but it can make paranoid :curtain:

The following is only my own personal interpretation, if you're not a fan of so-called 'conspiracies' skip over this :P

Firstly, the 'Major Minus Media' insignia on their jackets: symbolises brainwashing through the mainstream media. The words 'Major Minus' in this context would elude to the 'overwhelmingly negative' influence on the media in modern societies (lies, deception, etc). This is a good starting point for interpreting the rest of the lyrics (as is the all-seeing eye on their youtube video).

'We got one eye watching you / one eye on what you do / so be careful of what it is you're trying to do' - A warning that (what I'll call) 'big brother' is constantly scrutinising your every move. If your actions go against 'their' plan for society, you will be considered suspicious and possibly a threat.

'...so be careful who it is you're talking to' - This could be saying a couple of things. Either don't go around spreading what you know about who's pulling the strings (what they would consider 'conspiring' with other people), or simply, be aware of who your enemies are.

'Just be careful when you're walking into view' - Here they could be referencing CCTV and the surveillance state. This is especially relevant here in the UK, especially in built up areas such as Greater London.

'So be careful 'cause nothing they say is true' - Ties in with their 'Major Minus Media' symbolism. Beware of propaganda pushed by the mainstream media.

'Don't believe a word, it's just us against the world' - Don't trust anyone in a position of power who tells you they have your best interests at heart, ie: politicians. It's just us against the corrupt political classes that currently 'rule the world' (think I'm nuts yet?).

I'm not sure about the crocodile / Peter Pan reference yet, since Tick-Tock wasn't really a 'bad guy' from what I can remember. Maybe someone can help me out here.

'She can hear them climbing the stairs / I got my right side fighting while my left hides under the chairs' - My favourite lyric. It gives me the impression that the two characters (one male one female) are in hiding and the authorities are after them. The second part of the lyric is a metaphor for the male character's conflicting emotions: part of him wants to lash out against the powers that be, but another part of him is too afraid of what could happen to himself and the female character if he does - he has a dilemma on his hands. Paints a pretty vivid picture of what kind of world these characters have found themselves in.

I don't expect anyone to agree, but my feeling is that it's more than just the papparazzi following Chris around. It's also possible that I'm over analysing as per usual, but Coldplay have come out with politically themed songs before (see How You See The World II, Violet Hill - even Moving To Mars has a reference to overthrowing a government), and this just has a more 'personal' take on the subject.

I agree. That would all totally fit in with what Chris said about (himself) always conforming and how he admired those who didn't...

This?

yes exactly this one.... well this situation is all explained in bible and kouran the muslim book and it is amazingly true , of course the good will win but it depends on us when. When we will wake up and realize what are they doing to us. If this still sounds like not true listen to micheal jackson's they dont care about us , or muse uprising, coldplay major minus and some other that now i cant remember and see to whom they refer with the word THEY . And also its interesting to watch the Muse's performance in grammy award of the song uprising its full of symbolism and u can see that the camera is trying to hide them and in a part of the song when he says they will not controll us he does this eye pyramid sign to show the meaning but the camera moves quick

Have a good day

yes exactly this one.... well this situation is all explained in bible and kouran the muslim book and it is amazingly true , of course the good will win but it depends on us when. When we will wake up and realize what are they doing to us. If this still sounds like not true listen to micheal jackson's they dont care about us , or muse uprising, coldplay major minus and some other that now i cant remember and see to whom they refer with the word THEY . And also its interesting to watch the Muse's performance in grammy award of the song uprising its full of symbolism and u can see that the camera is trying to hide them and in a part of the song when he says they will not controll us he does this eye pyramid sign to show the meaning but the camera moves quick

Have a good day

Ok thank you for this information :) Maybe it's true but recently I saw in press that Gwynet (his wife) that she does not believe in the Bible and she clearly knock it.

.. So I think they are don't believers :\

Maybe those lyrics are just for provoke and attract :idea2: And it work!

if indeed it were true, they couldn't talk about this conspiracy in their songs, they would have be prevented ;)

In any case this parano atmosphere is not new. We were able to see it in Spies, Violet Hill... :wink3:

Ok thank you for this information :) Maybe it's true but recently I saw in press that Gwynet (his wife) that she does not believe in the Bible and she clearly knock it.

.. So I think they are don't believers :\

Maybe those lyrics are just for provoke and attract :idea2: And it work!

if indeed it were true, they couldn't talk about this conspiracy in their songs, they would have be prevented ;)

In any case this parano atmosphere is not new. We were able to see it in Spies, Violet Hill... :wink3:

I dont know much about his wife but i know that they believe that somebody created all these things you can see it in some interviews, where Chris says that i know that all these things have a creator who is above all but i am trying to work out if he is God or Allah or Zeus. And during the viva la vida era he says in one interview they believe in Kouran and Bible and other holly books and he said a funny thing he said that when we will die when we will go up there if we meet Allah we ll tell him we believed in you if we meet God we will tell him that we believed in you ...Let me remind you that if they didnt believe in God there wouldnt be lyrics like :time is so short and i am sure there must BE SOMETHING MORE, ...or God is in my garden and God is in my head and all cemiteries of London..I see God come in my garden but i dont know what he said for my heart it wasnt open ...i see in this lyrics that he is calling for God to come in his life..and also from X&Y songs lets take Speed of sound . IF u analise it well you ll see that actualy he is talking to God asking him :How long before i get in ? Before it starts before i begin? How long before you decide? or before i know what it feels like... then u can see like god tells him: look up at sky planets are moving with the speed of light(shows that god tells him the answer that he is looking is all around him ) ;) its really interesting actualy. I am sorry for writing sooomuchh :$. But still who knows only they know so if u have something interesting to tell me i am all open and i wellcome ur ideas :D

Have a good night

This?

I'd like to believe Coldplay aren't corrupted as some others in the music industry. The repetitive use of the pyramid at the Glastonbury festival kind of spooked me out, and Chris' previous collaboration with Jay-Z (Whom I believe is one of these corrupted artists) sort of spooked me out as well. As for religous or 'God' references in any of the songs I just sort of take it as a prime source of universal oneness, not an actual God being as mentioned in 'holy' writings. I really like Cemeteries of London because it's sort of a realization of the God self and power of an individual when he basically says 'God' is all around, and 'God' is in my head. Well anyway, interesting theories as to the meaning of Major Minus.

So far this explanation makes the most sense to me.

There are more thoughts coming out - I love the song, the rhythm is impressive and gives the song a unique movement.

I also love some interpretations here.

Basically, the lyrics itself is about an intense or crutial/even dangerous scenario which need lots of caution, wisdoms and composure to make Right actions/moves. It seems the male/female know how it could turn out - they know the possible manipulations/distortion that the "third party" [an opposite force] can play [dirty maybe]. "One on road, one on you" - they need to cooperate with each other very well to handle this.

It reminds a comment from John Lennon at certain points of his life "everything might be the opposite to what it is" I think the whole song reflects such a theme how we can choose to see or reveal the facts/truth. Minus - has its counterpart +; if + is supposed to be the positive forces of the universe, then Major Minus could be the most negative ones? Hence in a "fight" to light, we need to see and understand where the darkness lies and how to fight against it sucessfully?

Together with the other two [and I feel even for the whole LP5] - there is a forever faith in Light even many might sacrifce lifes [it might be dangerous; there are much positive energies counterbalancing the negative - paving the road for the remainings to approach to the Light] -even they can't see the Light coming eventually, they see Death as coming Home - fighting for the ideal - no one can stop this universe force. They sing, smile, full of hope at the last minute of life. This part is more about my own Connections - I might go too far. I am very familiar with such - as in Chinese history, there are many people who died, even just before or after the revolutionary success; they did sing the song of Faith [L'Internationale - in its very basic historical context, it is about Standing Up and Fight for the Equality and Justice - Last year, I still heard it in a Rock Live - it was so touching that 50000 people sang this song all together. There is a long/complicated context behind - I hope that doesn't create misunderstandings here.] before the brutal killing - that we will have our own independence and people in this country will have a brighter future.