✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What does "Major Minus" MEAN?

Brent

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is hinged on keeping earth's ecosystems intact and thriving; so dependent are we on life, but how easily we take it for granted. However, we must overcome the alligators in the swamp; not the literal ones, but the proverbial ones. And we're making some progress!

Very good...i agree with you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To me:

It's a warning to someone who is being stalked and told lies because

they know too much...

it tells them to be careful what they say and do because the stalker

could use it against them...and be careful when you're around them..

be careful when you're trying to defend yourself against them, by telling

your story..

but the song says that one day they'll get there's when the crockodile goes

ticking around the world....and their secret gets told!!

If only people would listen..

It's us against the world...but we've got to turn up the music to be heard!

• 4 weeks later...

Chris Martin has stated in many interviews that this album was inspired by both graffiti in New York City during the 1970s and the White Rose Movement under Nazi Germany. He mentioned that he's fascinated by those who decide to resist against tyrannical forms of oppression. This song is a reflection of that. It depicts a Nazi/Big Brother kind of government or form of control that has, "one eye watching you." The hearing them climbing the stairs part may have references to the White Rose Movement in which the students were on the second floor when they dispersed the pamphlets and were soon after captured by the Gestapo. Research the White Rose movement and focus on oppresive governments and you'll have your meaning.

• 5 months later...

Coldplay and the illuminati

After reading many different view points of Coldplay and the illuminati, it seems to me that Coldplay is torn between being apart of the illuminati and being against the illuminati. If you read their lyrics, some will show proof of anti-illuminati and then there are illuminati symbols painted all over their graffiti art. I honestly think they struggle as band to stand up against what is really going on. Ughhhhh this stuff is exhausting to talk about because there is so much evidence but at the same time there is very little. Its all too confusing to truly figure it out, but I think the best thing for all of us to do is to watch out for signs of the illuminati and to be careful of what we watch and listen to. The entertainment industry is striving to have extreme power over us and we need to stay away from being controlled.

COLDPLAY and the iluminati? .... if you saying/typing this i guess is for the eye in the album artwork right? .... come on guys if that eye apears in the album that doesn't mean anything , that symbol represent Major Minus song , which is about how media control the mass with manipulated info and some stuff like that (a kind of protest song) , is the representation of the watching media eye , that all see , all hear

(personal opinion)

After reading many different view points of Coldplay and the illuminati, it seems to me that Coldplay is torn between being apart of the illuminati and being against the illuminati. If you read their lyrics, some will show proof of anti-illuminati and then there are illuminati symbols painted all over their graffiti art. I honestly think they struggle as band to stand up against what is really going on. Ughhhhh this stuff is exhausting to talk about because there is so much evidence but at the same time there is very little. Its all too confusing to truly figure it out, but I think the best thing for all of us to do is to watch out for signs of the illuminati and to be careful of what we watch and listen to. The entertainment industry is striving to have extreme power over us and we need to stay away from being controlled.

Please. Just stop.

• 3 weeks later...
major minus is a charater (a villan) thats from comicon and as far as i saw it does have an illuminati reference just like the whole album

Major minus as the main villan in the comic book And he Is defiantly the most funny character, in contrast to the song. I thought he would be all scary because of the song and it's trible beat and minor key, turns out major minus is just a big alien prat...

Lol

• 1 year later...

Why are you so against people discussing deeper meanings to the songs? I'm always seeing your negative responses every time, like it's offensive to you or something :laugh3:

Just do a bit of research, I'm not saying i know for sure what is going on with Coldplay but if you know anything about these things you will plainly see that their songs and artwork are rich in symbolic meanings.

Don't forget also that Coldplay are not some dim witted pop stars that get wound up and then stuck on stage to perform what ever they are told to perform with no creative input of their own.. They're real artists, all art has meaning.

They're also very intelligent guys, Chris for e.g has University degrees in Greek, Latin and Ancient World Studies.

They're not just going to slap a bunch of random crap together because it rhymes or some rubbish. They're intelligent thinkers and as a real fan so should you be :P

• 2 years later...

It's about oppressive dystopian society and being watched by CCTV cameras. The Orwellian concept of Big Brother Is Watching You! Things of that messed up nature. (Seriously there are tons of novels dealing with this 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World, The Giver, even Insurgent and The Hunger Games. There are some great Twilight Zone episodes dealing with it too.) Which stems from history, fascism and totalitarian states. Hell even The Galactic Empire of Star Wars fame takes a page from it. Or even how some percive goverment as evil, unjust and unnecessary in its current incarnation. And that we're at the dawn of a new world order. All in all it ties in with the comic and album quite nicely IMO :)