✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-July-2011] iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London, UK

Jenjie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what I am driving at, is the shows aren't really promoting the new album (if most of the songs don't end up on the record, but rather as b-sides), plus the very nature of festivals is that the crowd cannot "choose" to buy tickets to come see the band. E.G. T In the Park was sold out way before Coldplay were announced. Sure, some of those with tickets were Coldplay fans, but it isn't unifomly the case that when Coldplay were announced, fans in those areas could buy tickets to specifically go see them.

Will this tour burn them out so that they can't face touring the new record until 2012? I was hoping for a UK arena tour before Christmas, is this likely in everyone's opinion?

testing the waters perhaps?? Album still hasn't be FINAL finalized yet I don't think.... so, you never know.. :confused:

Yes, but that's my point.

When they only play

MX/Hurts Like Heaven

Charlie Brown

Us Against The World

Major Minus

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

how can they "test the waters" - don't they need to play the other 10-15 tracks that could be whittled down to the final eleven or so? Problem is every night is beamed into millions of homes around the world, so they have no "privacy" to try other songs (as they don't want them leaking into the blogosphere)? I don't get it!