✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-July-2011] iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London, UK

Jenjie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin' on the fact that the set list is the same for each of every one of these festival shows (more or less).

What I am genuinely puzzled about, is what are the band getting out of playing 25 odd festival shows (all more or less broadcast in full on television - and therefore worldwide on the net) when the "new" songs may not even make it on the album.

Surely they decided long ago based on the reaction from the early shows that Major Minus, Charlie Brown, MX/Hurts Like Heaven, Princess of China, etc. will or will not be on the record.

With so much scrutiny (live tv, webfeeds, etc.) it's not as though they are getting to try different things each night.

Is it a welcome break out of the studio?

Is it for the money?

Is it to try finish songs / write material on the road in soundchecks / in hotel rooms?

Is it to retire a good portion of their set (which needs freshening up) - so the last time we'll hear Yellow, Clocks, Politik, In My Place, etc. for a while?

Is it all of the above?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin' on the fact that the set list is the same for each of every one of these festival shows (more or less).

What I am genuinely puzzled about, is what are the band getting out of playing 25 odd festival shows (all more or less broadcast in full on television - and therefore worldwide on the net) when the "new" songs may not even make it on the album.

Surely they decided long ago based on the reaction from the early shows that Major Minus, Charlie Brown, MX/Hurts Like Heaven, Princess of China, etc. will or will not be on the record.

With so much scrutiny (live tv, webfeeds, etc.) it's not as though they are getting to try different things each night.

Is it for the money?

Is it to try finish songs / write material on the road in soundchecks / in hotel rooms?

Is it to retire a good portion of their set (which needs freshening up) - so the last time we'll hear Yellow, Clocks, Politik, In My Place, etc. for a while?

Is it all of the above?

testing the waters perhaps?? Album still hasn't be FINAL finalized yet I don't think.... so, you never know.. :confused:

Is it for the money?

Is it all of the above?

None of the above!