✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[18-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ RXP TAKLIBERTY FESTIVAL ## [CANCELLED]

Tash

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. :wacky:

So, I'm asking my friend whose mom works with a concert event planning company if she would have any spare tickets if she's organizing it. :D This kid is known for giving out tickets to events, so I'm praying his mom is doing some work related to it. :bomb:

True. :wacky:

So, I'm asking my friend whose mom works with a concert event planning company if she would have any spare tickets if she's organizing it. :D This kid is known for giving out tickets to events, so I'm praying his mom is doing some work related to it. :bomb:

Lucky!!! :veryangry2:

So is it okay of me to think that it won't be one of those "tickets on sale, 5 seconds later, BOOM ALL THE TICKETS ARE GONE" things tomorrow? :uhoh:

It will only have been 1 day since the announcement. . . maybe most people won't have much time to find out about it? :bomb:

Because it looks like now there's no chance of me getting the presale tomorrow :bigcry:

So is it okay of me to think that it won't be one of those "tickets on sale, 5 seconds later, BOOM ALL THE TICKETS ARE GONE" things tomorrow? :uhoh:

It will only have been 1 day since the announcement. . . maybe most people won't have much time to find out about it? :bomb:

Because it looks like now there's no chance of me getting the presale tomorrow :bigcry:

Well the PNC Center can hold a decent amount of people and i wake up pretty early so I'll watch then for you

True. . .I just don't want to be stuck in the lawn behind the main area. :bigcry:

Good news and bad news.

Good news- I can definitely go, and my mom will definitely take me!

Bad news- my mom doesn't feel comfortable ordering tickets online, so I have to wait until Thursday night when my dad gets back to order tickets. :freak:

True. . .I just don't want to be stuck in the lawn behind the main area. :bigcry:

Good news and bad news.

Bad news- my mom doesn't feel comfortable ordering tickets online, so I have to wait until Thursday night when my dad gets back to order tickets. :freak:

haha I could get them for you cause the internet is my forte, but I have to use my dad's credit card and he'll be like wtf you guying 2 tickets XD

Preview 1

9719161-large.jpg

It's got a cumbersome name, but the lineup is pretty slick. NYC radio station WXRP's TaKLIBERTY (pronounced "take liberty") festival will bring Coldplay, the Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Richard Ashcroft, the Kooks, and other contemporary rock bands to the PNC Bank Arts Festival in Holmdel on September 18. There'll be music on two stages, and the radio station promises that there'll be more big names announced in coming weeks.

So far, TaKLIBERTY has a distinctly Glastonbury-like feel to it. Most of the bands committed to playing the festival are from the British Isles. Coldplay, the most popular of the TaKLIBERTY bands, will arrive in advance of its as-yet-unnamed fifth album; "Every Teardrop a Waterfall," the lead single, is currently climbing the American charts. Richard Ashcroft was the frontman of the Verve, a Northern English group whose "Bittersweet Symphony" was an enormous, if mostly unacknowledged, influence on Coldplay's cinematic sound. The Kooks, a Brighton-born pop-rock band with catchy songs, have never had a big stateside hit, but they've reached the U.K. Top 20 five times. Graffiti6 is a London singing duo; Two Door Cinema Club is a talented electropop combo from Northern Ireland. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, the one American act on the bill so far, plays music heavily informed by the New Music Express' much-venerated C86 compilation.

Tickets for TaKLIBERTY go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through ticketmaster.com. Members of WXRP's online Rock Republic program can take advantage of a presale that begins on Tuesday.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2011/06/coldplay_to_perform_at_new_rxp.html

For the presale: based off of ticketmaster's listings, it looks like the presale will begin at 10:00 am (it says "RXP VIP etc etc" so I'm assuming those are presale tickets?

Anyways, if you're planning on doing presale I'd stay up until midnight, and if nothing happens get some sleep and be ready for 10

Where did you see that?! :surprised:

But yeah that's what I was gonna do anyways :)

Good news and bad news.

I think the presale is still going on thursday night, so that's slightly better than friday morning at least?

9719161-large.jpg

It's got a cumbersome name, but the lineup is pretty slick. NYC radio station WXRP's TaKLIBERTY (pronounced "take liberty") festival will bring Coldplay, the Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Richard Ashcroft, the Kooks, and other contemporary rock bands to the PNC Bank Arts Festival in Holmdel on September 18. There'll be music on two stages, and the radio station promises that there'll be more big names announced in coming weeks.

So far, TaKLIBERTY has a distinctly Glastonbury-like feel to it. Most of the bands committed to playing the festival are from the British Isles. Coldplay, the most popular of the TaKLIBERTY bands, will arrive in advance of its as-yet-unnamed fifth album; "Every Teardrop a Waterfall," the lead single, is currently climbing the American charts. Richard Ashcroft was the frontman of the Verve, a Northern English group whose "Bittersweet Symphony" was an enormous, if mostly unacknowledged, influence on Coldplay's cinematic sound. The Kooks, a Brighton-born pop-rock band with catchy songs, have never had a big stateside hit, but they've reached the U.K. Top 20 five times. Graffiti6 is a London singing duo; Two Door Cinema Club is a talented electropop combo from Northern Ireland. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, the one American act on the bill so far, plays music heavily informed by the New Music Express' much-venerated C86 compilation.

Tickets for TaKLIBERTY go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through ticketmaster.com. Members of WXRP's online Rock Republic program can take advantage of a presale that begins on Tuesday.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2011/06/coldplay_to_perform_at_new_rxp.html

:awesome:

So exciting!!!

Okay, so we're all going to check at midnight, but if it's not up then, we're assuming it'll be at 10 AM tomorrow on that festival presale link (and we're assuming that that weird window that pops up with the username/password thing will disappear by then), right?

haha I could get them for you cause the internet is my forte, but I have to use my dad's credit card and he'll be like wtf you guying 2 tickets XD

Aw, thanks for offering! But I wouldn't make you do that. :hug:

I'll just have to sit here and try not to die. :lol:

And thanks for the article, Ian. I'm so excited! :D

So exciting!!!

Okay, so we're all going to check at midnight, but if it's not up then, we're assuming it'll be at 10 AM tomorrow on that festival presale link (and we're assuming that that weird window that pops up with the username/password thing will disappear by then), right?

if you just type the url into your browser instead of clicking on the link, the window disappears :nice: :)

Where did you see that?! :surprised:

But yeah that's what I was gonna do anyways :)

I think the presale is still going on thursday night, so that's slightly better than friday morning at least?

I saw it here

Yeah, that's true. :wacky:

Maybe I can meet some of you guiz! :cheesy:

Aw, thanks for offering! But I wouldn't make you do that. :hug:

I'll just have to sit here and try not to die. :lol:

And thanks for the article, Ian. I'm so excited! :D

XD It's what I do, and I dont think it should that over whelming to buy online.

here[/url]

Yeah, that's true. :wacky:

Maybe I can meet some of you guiz! :cheesy:

Ahh I see, thanks! That says VIP tickets though :\ They're probably more expensive than regular tickets.

PNC Bank Arts Center, from wikipedia :nice: :

The PNC Bank Arts Center is a modern amphitheatre located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey, USA. About 17,500 people can occupy the amphitheater; there are 7,000 seats and the grass area can hold about 10,500 people. Concerts are from May through September featuring 35–45 different events of many types of musical styles. It is ranked among the top five most successful amphitheatres in the country. It is one of two major outdoor arenas in the New York City Metropolitan Area, along with Nikon at Jones Beach Theater. Like the Nikon theater, the PNC Bank Arts Center is managed by Live Nation.

Ahh I see, thanks! That says VIP tickets though :\ They're probably more expensive than regular tickets.

PNC Bank Arts Center, from wikipedia :nice: :

The PNC Bank Arts Center is a modern amphitheatre located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey, USA. About 17,500 people can occupy the amphitheater; there are 7,000 seats and the grass area can hold about 10,500 people. Concerts are from May through September featuring 35–45 different events of many types of musical styles. It is ranked among the top five most successful amphitheatres in the country. It is one of two major outdoor arenas in the New York City Metropolitan Area, along with Nikon at Jones Beach Theater. Like the Nikon theater, the PNC Bank Arts Center is managed by Live Nation.

Oh, ok. :\ I was hoping that that was referring to them being sold as presale. :sad:

Well, for Muse I bought my tickets a month after they went on sale and I still got (crap) seats in the 13k capacity Prudential Center, so I think I should be ok 2-3 days late for a 17k show.