✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

hey up,

would anyone here be kind enough, if they have it, to post the 2 Bridge School Benefit concerts of 2002? I'd love to get a-hold of these Thom solo shows as there are some songs played that I can't imagine as solo pieces.

Oh god..........I listened to the whole album...and it catched me from the first minute..........and then the best thing happened..........I reached song no 10 no surprises and heard the tune.....and this tune is often at films and on TV.........and I always loved it............oh god...I love this album!

^ Glad you love it Julia :) It is one helluva album!

Me, I'm going on a retrospective Radiohead adventure... I started off with Kid A, then HTTT followed by Amnesiac, and it's been backwards ever since. Got OK Computer the same time as X&Y and just got the Bends a couple of weeks ago... Next up is Pablo Honey for me... Hopefully before the new one comes up :D <-- this is not exactly a trail I'd recommend to anyone who's starting off on a tour of the musical greats... It might put you off Radiohead permanently (like it almost did me).

Try the Bends first, especially if you like guitars, nice hooks & a great voice. OK Computer's harder to listen to, but you might appreciate it right away if you're already into relatively heavier/less radio-friendly stuff e.g. Muse and other guitar-gnashing bands. Kid A is not for novices, ever. Not unless you can already take in complexities in rhythm, sound and instrumental parts altogether at once... You might then appreciate it for its complexity and learn to love its beauty later. Otherwise you'll find it plain weird & all a bit too much to swallow at one go... Trust me, I listened to half of Kid A once, and never touched Radiohead again for another two whole years :lol: :D Boy, how much good music I missed all those years... Long live Radiohead!

• 2 weeks later...
i totally agree. it's a bit different from the rest on Kid A but absolutely brilliant...

btw the lyrics "i'm not here,this isn't happening" were inspired by Michael Stipe :tongue:

i know..i found it out first and then listen to the song.

btw..i must say this...

listening to radiohead makes you put coldplay in the right position, and all the influences are too obvious. it kinda makes you feel a bit less appriciateve (spell.) to coldplay. i don't wanna sound hush or bad, cus my love for coldplay is too enormous to ever be let down but it's like...i dont know..

sorry.

Silverion. i don't think Coldplay's just a shadow. just another great thing

i'm not sure they're great yet ;) i think if their next album won't be better as AROBTTH or at least as great as arobtth was,Coldplay will never reach Radiohead's level...

and as Silverion mentioned Coldplay are very commercial...unfortunately in my opinion.it's very obvious that Chris plays for media sometimes...what i really don't like