✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Release Date

kover

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the most likely date for LP5 is during this one-month period. It makes sense that the band would take a break as the album releases.

But, considering that the Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends release date and track listing was announced two months prior to the release, we should be hearing about the date any time now.

Guest howyousawtheworld

LP5 will be released some time after the South Africa gigs in October probably. I'd be very surprised if it were released between August and September. In fact I'd put my house on it that it won't be released then! I wouldn't put it past them to release it in November.

LP5 will be released some time after the South Africa gigs in October probably. I'd be very surprised if it were released between August and September. In fact I'd put my house on it that it won't be released then! I wouldn't put it past them to release it in November.

If LP5 does come out that late in the year, it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled an 11/11/11 on us.

Guest howyousawtheworld
If LP5 does come out that late in the year, it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled an 11/11/11 on us.

Can't ever see them releasing it on a Friday. Last time round they released VLV on a Thursday (doing a Be Here Now) but I'd be surprised if they didn't release it on a Monday again.

Since Coldplay is definitely a possibility for the opening ceremonies for the 2012 Olymics, do you think they would wait to start their tour after this, or tour a bit and just add it to their schedule somewhere in the middle?

I would say cram it in the middle somewhere, since the Olymics won't be until August

EDIT: Assuming LP5 is out by then :whip:

Sarcasm or not, the fact remains that the deadline for the album is coming very soon. But just because the album is "finished" doesn't mean there's not more work to do. The release date literally could be months away from the completion of the album.

As I said before, the track listing for VLV was announced two months prior to the release. Since the track listing could only be revealed when the album was entirely completed, I would speculate we have more than two months to wait after next week.

Sarcasm or not, the fact remains that the deadline for the album is coming very soon. But just because the album is "finished" doesn't mean there's not more work to do. The release date literally could be months away from the completion of the album.

As I said before, the track listing for VLV was announced two months prior to the release. Since the track listing could only be revealed when the album was entirely completed, I would speculate we have more than two months to wait after next week.

Yes. but then my life would be in danger.

Aside from the release date, here's what I think about the track list. All new live songs will be on the album.

1. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

2. Major Minus

3. Charlie Brown

4. MX/Hurts Like Heaven

5. Us Against The World

6. Princess Of China

Yes, I think ETIAW and Major Minus will be on the album. To me, the whole point of the EP was to release Moving To Mars. They most likely had no room for it on the album and wanted to release it. So, they figured ETIAW had already been released (the first pre-album single, but not the last) and MM is the b-side (another taste of LP5, so let's stick MTM on the digital EP. This way, people will ONLY DOWNLOAD THIS TRACK because they already have the other two.

I think UFO, Golden Arrow, and Car Kids will also be new songs.

2. Major Minus

3. Charlie Brown

4. MX/Hurts Like Heaven

5. Us Against The World

6. Princess Of China

7. UFO

8. Golden Arrow

9. Car Kids

(^ Obviously not in the right order.)

Add 1 or 2 unknown tracks and you have the album! :))

2. Major Minus

3. Charlie Brown

4. MX/Hurts Like Heaven

5. Us Against The World

6. Princess Of China

7. UFO

8. Golden Arrow

9. Car Kids

(^ Obviously not in the right order.)

Add 1 or 2 unknown tracks and you have the album! :))

10. Don't Let It Break Your Heart