✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Release Date

kover

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10. Don't Let It Break Your Heart

If this ended up being the case...I would be EXTREMELY pissed! ..and shocked!

Why would a band (that has gone through the amount of trouble that they have to keep things under wraps) routinely play 6 songs off of their LP months in advance of even announcing the tracklisting, much less releasing their album? I would be dumbfounded and angry. With every album comes a multitude of material that didn't find a place on the album and I hope that AT LEAST half of the new live material does NOT make the album. Not because I don't think they are good (I love all the new stuff) but because I don't want to be cheated. They knew that at least three of their festival gigs would be broadcast by major television broadcasters and so there is a multitude of fairly decent quality recordings of 5 out of the 6 new tracks. I would feel cheated as a fan in all honestly.. They get paid for all of their hard work. We pay for their hard work. I would gladly pay for a studio version of each and every one of their new songs but I do not want to have looked forward to this new album for as long as I have just to realise I've already heard it.

EDIT: I meant to quote the previous post about the entire tracklisting... lol woops!

I'm sorry for ranting and rambling...I love Coldplay!!

If this ended up being the case...I would be EXTREMELY pissed! ..and shocked!

Why would a band (that has gone through the amount of trouble that they have to keep things under wraps) routinely play 6 songs off of their LP months in advance of even announcing the tracklisting, much less releasing their album? I would be dumbfounded and angry. With every album comes a multitude of material that didn't find a place on the album and I hope that AT LEAST half of the new live material does NOT make the album. Not because I don't think they are good (I love all the new stuff) but because I don't want to be cheated. They knew that at least three of their festival gigs would be broadcast by major television broadcasters and so there is a multitude of fairly decent quality recordings of 5 out of the 6 new tracks. I would feel cheated as a fan in all honestly.. They get paid for all of their hard work. We pay for their hard work. I would gladly pay for a studio version of each and every one of their new songs but I do not want to have looked forward to this new album for as long as I have just to realise I've already heard it.

I totally agree. Like you, i absolutely love all of the new songs and would happily pay for the studio versions but i really hope that not all of those 6 songs are on the album. Especially if ETIAW is on the album.....i mean, that would really annoy me since we've waited so long. I'm hoping for an album with 12+ songs.

also, i don't think was being sarcastic. If he really wanted to show it, he probably would used "..." or an exclamation mark

i don't change my sensations and fonts.. OCTOBER it's the right month .. but it's time to know something more now... it's from may-june that we expect some concrete details about the new album.. i cant wait anymore.. and i feel it will be a masterpiece as the other albums.. i'm so sure..if it had been useful to their studio work and to release date, i would have chosen an album out now more than these festivals.. there's always time for live shows..

As much as I would wish someone *really* knows the release date, I think all we can do is speculate. There's as good of a chance that the album releases on October 24th as on October 25th if you know what I mean. I personally think the album will either come out between August 5th-September 16th or on 11/11/11. But I have little evidence to support it.

^It looks kinda weird. I think it's BS like that German website that said it would be released on July 1. Sometimes websites like this just have a random placeholder date until an announcement. :\

Did you guys know that the VLV track listing was announced even before the lead single (Violet Hill) came out? http://www.coldplay.com/timeline/2008_04_10_001.png

This really throws a wrench into my plan to find out how soon after the lead single (Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall) we will find out the track listing.

:L

Any guesses about when we will hear the track listing?