✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The ghost of Joe Satan...

Coldplero

Hello Everybody, tonight is a night of questions and ideas that I wanted to share with this generous forum and it's comrades...

I was thinking if Joe Satriani :angry: or any other "musician" will accuse Coldplay of plagiarism in their new album, the LP5.

If you think so, how many do you think they will accuse Coldplay of plagiarism? How many LP5 songs do you think will be accused of plagiarism? How do you see Coldplay in a LP5 trial of plagiarism, winning or losing it? Do you think Coldplay feeds Apparatjik with the songs they don't like? :o :inquisitive:

Make your bet, try to guess it and win a chance to be a clairvoyant! :thinking:

It's too hard to speak about music and plagiarism because the brute notes aren't unlimited... actually they are very limited, 12 to be exact, and the combinations they can do are as limited as they are. So, we will come one day in which every song will be accused of plagiarism because the same combination was used? THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

To the guy who created the thread: I don't want to be stupid with you, but MAN, look, we have so many GOOD things to analyse, LYRICS, ALBUM NAME, DATES, FESTIVALS, SIGNS, MEANINGS, and you come with a thread to make us imagine the BAD things?

Answering all your questions: NO, I BELIEVE THAT NOTHING OF THAT HAPPENS/WILL HAPPEN TO COLDPLAY.

The End

Not if they know what's good for them they won't. After Satriani, at least 3 or 4 other artists claimed the same thing. As far as I'm concerned, the more people who are complaining about the same song and saying ridiculous things like "they stole Yellow and Clocks when they were two other songs personally from my studio and sold them under their name", which someone actually said if I'm not mistaken. The less credibility they have. I don't think they even took from Satriani in the first place. They admitted to all the other artists they 'ripped off' (as Chris put it), they would've said if they took from a no-name guitarist looking for publicity and a free handout.

It's funny how the song came out in JUNE and yet he waited until NOVEMBER to say anything. I don't buy that for a second. There's no way it took him that long to hear the song. Viva la Vida is the first Coldplay song to actually get as much commercial acclaim as it deserves- namely to be number one in countries around the world because it just is that great, as are many of their songs. If he hadn't heard it by that time- he must've been living in a cave in Nevada with no power or tv/internet/radio and only one plastic spork to eat with.

Why would they give the songs they don't like to Appartjik. 1. that would be a hell of a lot of songs. 2. Only Guy is in that band out of all four of them. 3. Appartjik songs have a much different style than Coldplay one's do. If you ever listened to them they're a really great band but you can tell their lyrical compositions are very different stylistically as compared to Coldplay. So I'd say no chance for this.

I like how you thought outside of the box on this- as everyone else was talking about the new album, the new album, the new album, the new album, the new album. But I can't help but think our fellow bro CPer's have a point. I personally don't mind talking about this because I firmly believe they are innocent and I've discussed it with so many people who hate them and know nothing about them that a friendly discuss among Coldplay fans about this is nothing close to upsetting or stressful. However, there are a lot of people who will probably get worked up over this and upset to brought back to the utter nonsense of his case. He's not 'Satan' like you said but he was a complete pee-wad the way he went about it/the MO he probably had behind taking legal action and this will well up bad feelings for several peeps I imagine.

You have every to have made this thread. I just wouldn't be surprised if the reaction you get from a lot of CPers was less than ideal. No harm in expressing yourself but I think this had 'drama' written on it from the get-go.

I really hope a Joe doesn't stop in to say "Hi" on LP5.

If I may quote Roadie #42 for a second, "They’re big enough now that there’s plenty of cynical snipers who’d love to see them fail just - well, just *because*."

How true.

Hello everybody, just Sloo, ooou ooow it down lol

My sincerely apologies from a Coldplay fan to any other fan that felt hurted like heaven with this thread/topic. Although, if you don't want to share your comment or opinion on this thread for any reason, it's allright, I guess that in the forum rules it doesn't exist one that mentions "You must comment on all the threads". Just don't insult me, I brought the topic in this forum in a way that was not intended to hurt anyone! Mainly brought in a funny way because of the Satan joke in the title, if you knew to read the title first before making a comment, and not have told me stupid.

Firstly, as a Coldplay fan, I know a lot about Coldplay, and I have a lot yet to know about them... that's the reason why I wanted to share and discuss about this topic here and keep it between us, because I know I'd receive different points of views that will delight and make our knowledges grow like heaven. The other fact is that this thread is not as bad as you think, it has an objective point of view...

Many thanks to "Fix42YellowClocks" because you cleared many doubts I had about the artistical relationship between Coldplay & Apparatjik, as I don't care Apparatjik that much as you may have noticed!

On the other hand, I felt I had to add another positive aftermath of this thread up to now because of some comments that were not between my expectations. And in my defense, I'll make use of the law #42 & #605 of the Coldplay international legislation:

42."Just because I made a negative Coldplay question, doesn't mean I'm not a Coldplay fan"

605."Just because you were accused of Plagiarism, doesn't mean you plagiarised"

Hope you understand my message and my use of english as I'm a Coldplay fan from Argentina!

-Any text bug you find, don't doubt to PM me, will be much appreciated!--

Many thanks to "Fix42YellowClocks" because you cleared many doubts I had about the artistical relationship between Coldplay & Apparatjik, as I don't care Apparatjik that much as you may have noticed!

No prob. sir. [: And it is clear you don't. haha But you really should give them a listen if you haven't. If you don't like electronic music you probably won't take to them too well but hearing one or two songs by them can't hurt.

I think that, with Coldplay as big as they are, charges of plagiarism will be unavoidable. As Kover pointed out with his Roadie #42 quote (thank you very much for that :nice:) there are some people out there who just love to see big stars/celebrities fall. Even moreso with Coldplay because they have so many 'haters' out there.

I would honestly be surprised if there weren't some sort of charges filed against the guys in Lp5's era. Although I'm sure they won't have to worry about any nonsense from Joe Satriani ;)

I think that, with Coldplay as big as they are, charges of plagiarism will be unavoidable. As Kover pointed out with his Roadie #42 quote (thank you very much for that :nice:) there are some people out there who just love to see big stars/celebrities fall. Even moreso with Coldplay because they have so many 'haters' out there.

I would honestly be surprised if there weren't some sort of charges filed against the guys in Lp5's era. Although I'm sure they won't have to worry about any nonsense from Joe Satriani ;)