✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What song(s) we've heard do you think will be put on the new album?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And also ETIAW will be on the album, beause it's the first single out of it :D

What they said was this

"Dear friends

We're about to play a bunch of summer festivals so it's as good a time as any to put out a new song.

'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' will be available from download stores on Friday 3rd June at 12pm (BST), except in the UK where it'll be released on the stroke of midnight between Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th June.

We'll also stream it here on Friday and give it a run out at Rock Im Park.

Love Will"

I fail to see where they correlated it to the new album. Tell me where they said "This is the first single from our new album" because they never said that. And in fact it's very likely that it's not. It wouldn't make any sense to release it four months before the supposed release (and most realistic one as far as I can tell) in October if it was the first single. They normally do that less than a month beforehand.

The supposed release is in four month? Why do you know that? Did they say that they'll release the album in four month?

Maybe you're right and they didn't say, that it's the first single of their upcoming album, but I thought it was clear. They handle it like a foretaste of their LP and in the web it says the same (I know, the information is not by the band Coldplay)

But I found this:

http://www.dasding.de/#http://www.dasding.de/musik/Coldplay-Every-Teardrop-Is-A-Waterfall/-/id=286/vv=content/nid=286/did=401412/zoyjph/index.html

and that:

http://www.mtv.de/news/2011-06-01/24204789-coldplay-every-teardrop-is-a-waterfall.html

I know it's german, but I try to translate ;)

1. At the end of Coldplay's concert in "Rock am Ring" und "Rock im Park" the band present "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" the first single of their upcoming album.

2. There it is, the new song of Coldplay! Usual poetic, the four guys present the first titel "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" out of their fifth studio album.

The supposed release is in four month? Why do you know that? Did they say that they'll release the album in four month?

Maybe you're right and they didn't say, that it's the first single of their upcoming album, but I thought it was clear. They handle it like a foretaste of their LP and in the web it says the same (I know, the information is not by the band Coldplay)

But I found this:

http://www.dasding.de/#http://www.dasding.de/musik/Coldplay-Every-Teardrop-Is-A-Waterfall/-/id=286/vv=content/nid=286/did=401412/zoyjph/index.html

and that:

http://www.mtv.de/news/2011-06-01/24204789-coldplay-every-teardrop-is-a-waterfall.html

I know it's german, but I try to translate ;)

1. At the end of Coldplay's concert in "Rock am Ring" und "Rock im Park" the band present "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" the first single of their upcoming album.

2. There it is, the new song of Coldplay! Usual poetic, the four guys present the first titel "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" out of their fifth studio album.

Let's look at this. They didn't even FINISH deciding what songs are going to be on there yet. Or finish mixing all the songs for that matter. They didn't tell us the album title. Who knows if they even decided on it officially? So how would it possibly be before October? They still have to DO all of that. And promote it which takes forever if you don't know how capitalism works (it 'works' very poorly/awfully, I might add). Still have to make the millions of copies of the album once it's done. And still finish off the rest of the tour. For the last album they told us the title and tracklist in April, two months before it came out. That leaves it to come out no sooner than mid September. There you go. And like Coldplayingfrom Kansas said, those things aren't official. You can't trust what anyone says as we found out with that retarded "BBC 4 Chris Martin interview." Stupid bs.

I'm not sure that any of theese songs will make it to LP5.

They played Spanish Rain too, but It won't be on the album. And to be honest, I don't want any of the new songs on LP5. I perfer new songs. :)

These...are new songs. Hence why they are trying them out on tour. What you must realize is that the majority of their fan base knows very little about these songs and many have never heard them unless they've been to a festival. We are the minority that listen to them on our mp3 players and such incessantly.

I'm pretty positive that all of these songs will be on LP5, even if they aren't the best songs they've ever written (i.e. ETIAW).

How hard is it to understand that they don't release a stand-alone single as the beginning of a new LP5 era? Of course ETIAW will be on the album - it's a single! Also, people think that Major Minus and Moving to Mars will be on the record. Well, think again! They are b-sides. Is it that hard to understand?! They have followed this pattern with singles and b-sides almost since their first record. Just listen to Moving to Mars, for instance. You can clearly hear background noise if you turn the music up. One of the biggest bands in the world would never record a song with that kind of quality and still put it on the record. The sound quality of Major Minus is good, but still just a b-side, even though it's maybe my favourite among the new songs.

Us Against The World wont make it. On the other side, I think Charlie Brown will. I'm not sure whether Hurts Like Heaven and Princess of China will make it. 50/50 in my mind. Probably one of them.

A last thing: Many of you base your song selection on whether they fit to the description we have got earlier (White Rose, grafitti etc.) Probably Major Minus is the song most inspired nby the White Rose movement, but that doesn't mean it will be on the record. That could mean that they were refering to this song when they talked about the album, but that the song simply was dropped out because it wasn't good enough. The album content is probably not the same today as it was in January.