✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What song(s) we've heard do you think will be put on the new album?

No, no, no, no, no, no my dear coldplayingfromkansas,

There is no chance for Us against the world that it will be just released as B-Side! No way! Anyway, I will force them to put it on LP5 or I just add it on LP5. I will find a way, that this song will be on LP5! I promise it! ;)

On LP5:

PoC, CB, HLH, UatW

While you're there at the Bakery, make sure you get the full tracklisting! :laugh4:

I agree that UAtW is a good song, but it seems very different in the overall structure of CB, HLH, etc.. The themes that it carries are the same as the others, but it's the only one that doesn't have a bucketload of synths going on in the background, if you know what I mean. . . . If I had never heard these songs before and had to guess which era they belonged to, I would put CB, HLH, etc. in either the X&Y or Viva era, while UAtW would go to the Parachutes era.

It may very well be on LP5, for all we know :shrug:

Hopefully this will change soon :sneaky:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Same here. Viva is a great album, but I can't help but miss their ARoBttH sound. I watched Live 2003 the other day and I realized that I had completely forgotten how breathtaking Coldplay can sound with just four instruments, a stage, and a crowd. :wacky:

Strobe lights, lasers, and fireworks are cool, but the best Coldplay gig ever will be one that leaves all of those fancy effects behind.

. . . Anyway (that was only a little off-topic :P) I could see UAtW as a hidden track :nod:

Us Against the World will be on the album because it is one of the most clear demonstrations of the albums content. Us Against the World is repeated in another song. I'm sure it will be repeated in one we haven't heard. Chaos as it swirls is the reason we have those "galactic" swirls.

The fact that we hear no synths or obvious production is because its being played live. And Coldplay "eras" are never as well defined as other bands. Coldplay's first two albums may seem they adhere to a certain style, but VLV certainly did not. Every song was very different in how it was approached musically. Maybe they had similar structures, but the filling was different. Different instruments. Different pacings...

UATW is not ruled out because its different in those respects. Do we expect a Coldplay album of all upbeat rockers? They always throw in a change of pace.

Us Against the World will be on the album[/size] because it is one of the most clear demonstrations of the albums content. Us Against the World is repeated in another song. I'm sure it will be repeated in one we haven't heard. Chaos as it swirls is the reason we have those "galactic" swirls.......

Thats my boy! :);):laugh3:

What I would love the best is that neither of the songs recently performed is a part of the new album. I'd like completely new,yet unheard songs to make the final tracklist. That would be such a surprise, a pleasant one, to be sure. Now, I would definitely want a studio version of Hurts like Heaven, Charlie Brown etc.,but maybe as an EP or sth. The only reason is that we would get to hear more songs that way. Okay, I'm being so greedy...

• 3 weeks later...

The following WILL be on the album.

Mylo Xyloto (MX)

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Major Minus

Charlie Brown

Us Against the World

Paradise

Up in Flames

The following will PROBABLY be on the album.

Hurts Like Heaven

Princess of China

Car Kids

The following, we have NO IDEA about. :P

Moving to Mars

Up With the Birds?

Luminous?

U.F.O.?

I'm pretty sure every one of the new songs we've heard will be on the album. Except 'Moving to Mars'. I could honestly do without ETIAW or UATW, but if they're on there, that's fine and stuff. I know it's a sure bet MM is on, so I lost hope hoping it's not on to leave room for more new material. I'm a Coldplay whore.