✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What song(s) we've heard do you think will be put on the new album?

How hard is it to understand that they don't release a stand-alone single as the beginning of a new LP5 era? Of course ETIAW will be on the album - it's a single! Also, people think that Major Minus and Moving to Mars will be on the record. Well, think again! They are b-sides. Is it that hard to understand?! They have followed this pattern with singles and b-sides almost since their first record. Just listen to Moving to Mars, for instance. You can clearly hear background noise if you turn the music up. One of the biggest bands in the world would never record a song with that kind of quality and still put it on the record. The sound quality of Major Minus is good, but still just a b-side, even though it's maybe my favourite among the new songs.

Us Against The World wont make it. On the other side, I think Charlie Brown will. I'm not sure whether Hurts Like Heaven and Princess of China will make it. 50/50 in my mind. Probably one of them.

A last thing: Many of you base your song selection on whether they fit to the description we have got earlier (White Rose, grafitti etc.) Probably Major Minus is the song most inspired nby the White Rose movement, but that doesn't mean it will be on the record. That could mean that they were refering to this song when they talked about the album, but that the song simply was dropped out because it wasn't good enough. The album content is probably not the same today as it was in January.

When they announced the EP, didn't they call it ETIAW/MM? And that the iTunes bundle would have additional tracks. Sounds like a double A side, with MTM being a b-side/bonus track to me.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The name of the EP is Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall EP. It's a bit weird with the single release and the album release, I agree, but still don't doubt that it will be on the record. Even though the album release isn't before September og October or something, the LP5 era har definetely started because of the festivals and all the gigs. Probably they realized that people needed a single or at least anything from the studio to introduce the new Coldplay era ...

Obviously, I have no idea and I'm happy to enjoy what I've been hearing and patiently wait for the official release.

Although I don't think it will happen now that there are official singles with 'b' sides, I would have liked it if all of these festival songs would have been bundled into a "Summer Festival EP," which would have nothing to do with #5.

If most of what we've heard winds up on the actual album, I've learned a valuable lesson. I have been playing the crap out of the new stuff so that once the album drops, I'll have very little to look forward to. So once the tracklist is revealed, I will NOT seek out leaks or listen to anything new until I've got the CD in my hands. To me there's nothing like racing through the parking lot, ripping off the plastic and driving around listening to a favorite band's new work!

MX/Hurts Like Heaven will be on there as the opener. Charlie Brown will definitely be there after the crowd reaction and the band really seem to like Us Against The World, they've played it at every festival so far and I'm sure they would have stopped playing it if it wasn't going to be on the album. I also think Princess of China will be there but I don't think we'll hear it again at any of the remaining festivals partly because they want to keep the song as a surprise and also because the bass is too loud for it to work as a live song and drowns everything else out.

I don't think any of the songs from ETIAW EP will make it to the album and all the references to the songs will be removed from the instruments after the festivals have finished and there'll be new artwork for the tour. Although part of me is worried that the EP is a preview of the album and all 3 of the songs will make the cut as well as the others which leaves about only 3 unheard songs to fill the space on the album.

^ That's what I'm worried about also. Although I'm 95% sure the guys wouldn't do that to us, it's always a possibility.

I mean, we've been waiting three years for this album, so why give us 7 new songs for festivals/EPs and then shove them all into a 10-11 track album? There'd be a lot of disappointed fans . . .

From what I've heard, they have well over 50 songs to choose from (I imagine they've narrowed that down substantially by now) so why give us only 10 when all is said and done? I would think that they would

1. Play some of the new material songs at festivals (done)

2. Give us the studio versions of a couple of other new songs (done)

3. Release the first single with 1-2 b-sides

4. Give us the best of the best on LP5

That way, instead of only getting 3-4 completely new songs by the time the album drops, we get 8-9 plus all of the other festival/EP/b-side quality songs that didn't quite make it, thereby giving us 20+ songs for the era

I hope they don't put ETIAW, Major Minus, and Moving to Mars on the album.

Then the album won't be as exciting. It won't seem new. I want newww songs that I haven't heard the studio version of :D

Charlie Brown, Hurts Like Heaven, Us Against the World will make it, but hopefully not the others.

And to be honest, the other ones aren't that great. They're all very good though.

Well... I do like ETIAW a lot :x

I hope they don't put ETIAW, Major Minus, and Moving to Mars on the album.

Then the album won't be as exciting. It won't seem new. I want newww songs that I haven't heard the studio version of :D

Charlie Brown, Hurts Like Heaven, Us Against the World will make it, but hopefully not the others.

And to be honest, the other ones aren't that great. They're all very good though.

Well... I do like ETIAW a lot :x

I'm pretty sure ETIAW will be on it, and probably the vast majority (if not all) of the songs they played at the festivals.

Although I'm pretty sure there'll be at least 4-6 completely new songs on the record.

Here's my tracklist:

1 - MX

2 - Hurts Like Heaven

3 -

4 - Major Minus

5 - Princess Of China

6 - Us Against The World

7 - Charlie Brown

8 -

9 -

10 - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Just guessing, but that's all we've been doing the last month.

I really doubt it that they let us hear 50%+ of the Songs of the upcoming Album.

Maybe only 2 or less of the live Performed Songs will be on the Album.

Because we have still no idea of the Tracklisting but we already know 7 Songs?

No way.

They said the Album will have 10-11 Songs so we will have 3-4 New Songs left?

No WAY.

^ As long as it's only on those snippets :laugh4:

Maybe something like they did with LiTii during the 'Every road is a ray of light' bit?

Yeah, I want the "Yooou, use your heart as a weapooon" like this one in Main Square, it let me on chills!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRoTnjaZX0]‪Coldplay - Hurts like heaven - Main Square Festival 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

It would be perfect!

EDIT: I would like it on "Its so cold" too.

Speculation...

Well I don't believe that Moving to Mars or Major Minus will be on the album. Remember when Violet Hill was released?? A Spell A Rebel Yell wasn't on LP4. I would love HLH, MX, PoC, UAtW..... definitely CB! I'm personally extremely excited about the unknown UFO song...:o

Whatever the boys choose to do it'll be fantastic.

217a43bc.jpg

Songs that I think won't be on the album:

Major Minus

Moving to Mars.

I do think Every Teardrop is a Waterfall will be on there. They close with it and they have a single out with a video. How many times have they done that before? Apart from Christmas Lights which was clearly a one off Christmas special.

Well they seem to have a million songs to choose from, so I'd rather they don't put any of the ones they have already released and give us a whole other batch of new ones! Including Charlie Brown and Hurts like Heaven.

^ Life in technicolor II

But the lyrics for Life in Technicolor ii wasn't finished at the time when they released the album. Will said during an interview that Life in Technicolor was a song that was tried with many sets of tunes and lyrics, but that they didn't really find anyone that was good enough before after the release, and Life in Technicolor for that reason became an instrumetal ...

I know you only answered a quaestion, so don't take this offensive or anythink like that, just wanted to point out.

On LP5:

Charlie Brown

MX / Hurts Like Heaven

Standalone EPs/singles:

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Major Minus

Moving to Mars

B-sides:

Us Against The World

Wildcards:

Princess of China

No, no, no, no, no, no my dear coldplayingfromkansas,

There is no chance for Us against the world that it will be just released as B-Side! No way! Anyway, I will force them to put it on LP5 or I just add it on LP5. I will find a way, that this song will be on LP5! I promise it! ;)

On LP5:

PoC, CB, HLH, UatW

No, no, no, no, no, no my dear coldplayingfromkansas,

There is no chance for Us against the world that it will be just released as B-Side! No way! Anyway, I will force them to put it on LP5 or I just add it on LP5. I will find a way, that this song will be on LP5! I promise it! ;)

On LP5:

PoC, CB, HLH, UatW

I agree Us Against the World is just to good to be released as just a B-Side and is an absolute must for LP5.

Charlie Brown is a definite. Especially with how well received it was at the festivals and on Coldplaying Polls.

Princess of China seems to be a hidden gem that no ones heard properly yet unless you was at the first festival gig. So this seems highly possible to be on LP5.

+ Hurts Like Heaven would be a great album opener just after MX!