✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I need performing tips

86Timewarp

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a lot of stuff. If you imagine the crowd naked apparently it helps. Personally I just try to lose myself and play as if I'm in my room, no one watching.

The key though, is to enjoy playing your music. If you do, people will respect you. Be confident in your music too, but mostly just look like you're having a decent time and that's all any crowd asks for really, isn't it?

The first thing that is important: Practice. The first times you perform you should plan almost everything. Don't change the songs too much spontaneously. That way you can make the performance float better, and you don't need to think too much during the performance. Actually, I performed one of my original songs yesterday. It wasn't a very huge audience or anything like that (just 50 people or something), but I have performed in front of 200-300 people just some months ago (performing The Scientist). Anyway, I was a bit nervous about the performance. I think I learned something really important during that performance: Your own attitude pretty much decides how nervous you are. If you go on stage with a positive attitude (talk to the audience/tell jokes etc.) you wll be less nervous.

I didn't use a mic yesterday, so it was a bit hard to sing loud enough, but sing close to the mic, that's my hint.

• 2 months later...

idk i read the whole thread and it did say some things but it was all like COLDPLAYCOLDPLAYCODPALAYDUPÑCLPLAYAPLCYA

I just need some help but didn´t want to make a thread with the same deal, so ok

I wanted to play with a friend of mine a song in school, because whenever they have a party to celebrate christmas or the season, theres a talent show sort of.. but whenever I asked my friend she just didn´t care as much so I just decided to play a song by myself. I wanted to play a song I could sing well, well known and that I feel something tingly when I sing it so it wont be a dead performance and I ended up with Karma Police and I knew it before pretty well anyways. So I started to practice and around a couple of weeks (today) I just started to freak out :wreck: I thought, what about all of those people that hate me, or what if something goes wrong, what if it sounds to boring and people boo and I didn´t want to play it anymore and

:smiley: i started to cry :smiley:

I felt like I put too much pressure on it, because I wanted to do this to see if I really like performing because

:) i want to be a musician :)

and then i wanted to sing a more acoustic happy song like the dog days are over but i don´t know it as well as I know karma police, and ugh i really want to do it but now I´m just freaking out.

any advice lol

Hmm. Advice?

Firstly if you're really sure of what you do and you asked people about your voice and singing and they were very positive about it, I think there's nothing to be scared of.

If you're really good then there's just it. Don't let the stress overwhelm you. And don't mind the people that hate you. They might be even jealous of you.

The song should not be boring as you mentioned. If your voice has a good reach try something with those em "high notes momments". If not pick something which doesn't require such skills but still sounds cool. When you'll be choosing songs I would recommend you picking something well-known but also liked or something that isn't really known but really kicks ass. If you're not sure enough and confident, don't choose anything emotional. It can ruin you. Well at least I think so.

Thanks everyone!

This girl sang today infront of everybody at the assembly and she sang really horribly and everybody was laughing :wreck:

Then my history teacher was telling us that she needes to breath, so I´ll take that in mind along with the advice from this thread. I´ve recorded myself singing a couple of times, and a couple of days ago on video to facebook and people kind of liked it, but I´m not sure if it´s pitty :uhoh:

When I heard the recording I thought I sounded okay, my voice is kind of uh.. deep I guess..

I´m thinking of switching songs, to Worried Shoes by Daniel Johnston (or really, Karen O´s version) But I´m not sure yet.

Maybe I should record myself and show you guys :blank:

Do you have any hints to sing with the band?

I mean. I do that for some time but what the problem is that our instruments are quite lous and when I sing it's not like I can't hear myself...it's like it's so loud that it's hard to sing...if it makes any sense to you lol.

Take it this is all in a stage environment mic'd up? Makes a huge difference taking the time to EQ everything if it's you behind the desk not a pro. It's all about making sure each instrument has it's own frequency, other wise they'll all just clash and blend together, you want to be able to hear each instrument clearly. Google it and I'm sure there's some charts :)

Thanks fooby.

PUBERTY :awesome:

I wonder if for girls my voice get more high pitched, i hate my low voice :disappointed:

That made me laugh xD

And I think that yes, you could post your video, soundcloud or whatever.

We won't laugh at you and I can assure you that I'll be honest.