✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I THINK LP5 WILL BE CALLED 'MYLO XYLOTO'...

spike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember being so inquisitive about the VLV album...I just read some weeks later in newspaper that it was released. And then I just happily went to the closest CD-shop and bought it...Everything about this next album is a whole lot different.

I think it's because Viva was so massive that it pretty much catapulted Coldplay into the stratosphere music-wise. They were big before, but Viva put them up there with giants like U2. Before Viva, no one in my town had even heard of Coldplay, but now it seems like everyone has a Coldplay song on their iPod (three guesses which song that is :P).

I'm willing to go so far to say that LP5 will be even bigger than Viva was.

I think it's because Viva was so massive that it pretty much catapulted Coldplay into the stratosphere music-wise. They were big before, but Viva put them up there with giants like U2. Before Viva, no one in my town had even heard of Coldplay, but now it seems like everyone has a Coldplay song on their iPod (three guesses which song that is :P).

I willing to go so far to say that LP5 will be even bigger than Viva was.

I beg to differ. The road for VIVA release was huge. At least in this forum.

And we also had much more official info about it. Courtesy of Prospekt's entries.

At the iTunes festival R42 tweeted that the guys were playing a song that was less than 18 hours old for the soundcheck.

Plus, I doubt that Chris ever stops writing songs. :shrug:

Obviously he never stops, but the songs he's writing right now, they are really thinking of including them on LP5 - so that delays the whole process. Why would they be rehearsing the song in the sound check, if otherwise?

I beg to differ. The road for VIVA release was huge. At least in this forum.

And we also had much more official info about it. Courtesy of Prospekt's entries.

'On this forum' Well I should hope so! :P

I don't know how big the hype for Viva got because I wasn't a Coldplayer back then, but I have a feeling that the hype leading up to each album will just get bigger and bigger.

If the guys drop a bomb and LP5 is a horrible album (I hope not!) then the LP6 hype will be about whether or not Coldplay can get back on track

If they drop an absolutely fantastic album that blows away all expectations then the LP6 hype will be whether or not they can top their previous efforts.

Either way, it's going to be awesome :cool: I love the feeling of anticipation just before a huge album. It's like the calm before a storm (except it's far from calm).

VLV and AROBTTH seem like two high points, Parachutes is pretty high too. X&Y and this new one seem like they'll be the let-downs of their career.

I don't see things this way...

I concur with rafaelchampion, but sadly it seems that the band themselves see it that way....

I've seen an old poll which asked "What do you want to hear in the new album (LP5)?" An the most voted option was "RIFFS". Well, I think they actually do what we like the most. See Major Minus and Hurts Like Heaven. RIFFS! :D

An Charlie brown, and ETIAW !

Plus Chris said that this is jonnys album if I'm not wrong...

About the announcement thing, this week or next week they will officially tell the album release date, which probably is october.

They may be doing now the last adjustments to the album, or a new song that came up.. But I'm sure it's like 90 % ready.

Obviously he never stops, but the songs he's writing right now, they are really thinking of including them on LP5 - so that delays the whole process. Why would they be rehearsing the song in the sound check, if otherwise?

Alright guys, I think what they meant by 18 hours old was it had been 18 hours since the song was completed, and by this point they've got their songs, I'm sure of it. They're just trying to separate the album tracks from the b-sides. Besides Debs said we'll be getting an announcement soon. I'm sure the guys figure they'll take the next two weeks to make sure they've got what they want and we'll get an announcement sometime around August 12. When Chris said 6 WEEKS, he could've just said a month or a month and a half. But he knew there were exactly 6 weeks (a very specific time frame.) They've got a set date for the announcement. Trust me, they know were waiting, and I don't think their going to keep us waiting any longer than they have to.

VLV and AROBTTH seem like two high points, Parachutes is pretty high too. X&Y and this new one seem like they'll be the let-downs of their career.

Nnoooooooooo! :uhoh:

Besides, X&Y wasn't necessarily bad--it just wasn't up to par with ARoBttH or Parachutes. I think Chris mentioned in an interview that you can't win with your third album (especially considering how amazing ARoBttH was).

X&Y was packed with filler. I don't know about this new one, but based off of what's become of Major Minus from live to studio, I doubt that they'll have anything memorable from these sessions except Charlie Brown.

It is not the case of sounding very studio-ish but the context and how cohesive the album itself and the songs are.

I am very hopeful about this new experiences, but if you don't like background sounds playing in each song, I say prepare yourself, more even for Hurts Like Heaven. It is gonna be one of the songs that have a lot of backing sounds. I actually love it.

Alright guys, I think what they meant by 18 hours old was it had been 18 hours since the song was completed, and by this point they've got their songs, I'm sure of it. They're just trying to separate the album tracks from the b-sides. Besides Debs said we'll be getting an announcement soon. I'm sure the guys figure they'll take the next two weeks to make sure they've got what they want and we'll get an announcement sometime around August 12. When Chris said 6 WEEKS, he could've just said a month or a month and a half. But he knew there were exactly 6 weeks (a very specific time frame.) They've got a set date for the announcement. Trust me, they know were waiting, and I don't think their going to keep us waiting any longer than they have to.

Very nice post. I guess you could be right, but don't forget they never comply with the so-called imposed EMI deadline.

Nnoooooooooo! :uhoh:

Besides, X&Y wasn't necessarily bad--it just wasn't up to par with ARoBttH or Parachutes. I think Chris mentioned in an interview that you can't win with your third album (especially considering how amazing ARoBttH was).

hmmmmm let's think

War

A Hard Day's Night

X&Y

Fables Of The Reconstruction

Before These Crowded Streets

Off With Their Heads

Have You Fed The Fish?

Pretty sure you can win with you're third album. :dozey:

Another thing: you're all setting the bar too high, you're setting yourselves up for disappointment. If your expectations for this thing are in the sky and the album doesn't comply, then you'll end up not liking it as much.

I don't think Coldplay will ever disappoint me.