🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Tracklisting

jeffmmhmm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a random thought in regards to the tracklisting. In every live performance of Us Against The World the final chord gets played over and over again after the song finishes. In my opinion in sounds pretty stupid but I think in the studio version that chord will be a transition into the next song which will start with that same chord. I have a feeling that if they want to create an album that's designed to be listened to in one go, most of the songs will transition into each other to create the impression that it's one whole piece of music.

I just had a random thought in regards to the tracklisting. In every live performance of Us Against The World the final chord gets played over and over again after the song finishes. In my opinion in sounds pretty stupid but I think in the studio version that chord will be a transition into the next song which will start with that same chord. I have a feeling that if they want to create an album that's designed to be listened to in one go, most of the songs will transition into each other to create the impression that it's one whole piece of music.

i agree, just like they did with Life in Technicolor and CoL as well as VLV and Violet Hill, the same chords/sound transitioning into the next song. I think they will do a lot of that on the next album to add to the cohesiveness of it.

According to whom?

According to everyone who's ever talked about Lp5.

Chris said WE'VE FINISHED OUR NEW ALBUM. I don't understand why everyone thinks that "finished" means not done.

Debs Wild said she's already listened to the album.

And they have said on multiple occasions that they finished mixing in Los Angeles.

I don't understand why anybody would think Princess of China will be left off. Chris has said it's an important song in a few interviews and it recently popped up in Phil's tweet. I think it's got as much chance as Charlie Brown being on the album.

Can you tell me where Chris said that ,maybe a source ? :)

http://www.coldplaying.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7352&theme=Printer

This isn't the one I was thinking of, but he mentions the name here in the same interview as where he mentions ETIAW, which as we know was eventually released. It's also interesting to see that the first ETIAW was called 'terrible' by Will and Guy, so to all those out there who hate ETIAW (myself included), it could have been even worse.

Chris said WE'VE FINISHED OUR NEW ALBUM. I don't understand why everyone thinks that "finished" means not done.

And they have said on multiple occasions that they finished mixing in Los Angeles.

Just an interesting point you said there:

'Debs Wild has already listened to the album'

Didn't she also state that she has'nt heard 'Up In Flames' yet !!

This could mean it aint on the album !!

Just an interesting point you said there:

'Debs Wild has already listened to the album'

Didn't she also state that she has'nt heard 'Up In Flames' yet !!

This could mean it aint on the album !!

She said that before she said she had listened to the album.

What I don't understand about this thread is, let's see. Basically no one lists Mylo Xyloto on their tracklisting. I mean, it's only been registered on ASCAP as a song, it's only the album title, and Coldplay have only named every one of their albums after a song that was on them. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's most definitely going to be a song on there. Not just an MX intro for Hurts Like Heaven

This makes 0 sense. Why then does Jonny say in the Billboard interview it's only 90% done? If it was finished we would have the tracklisting already. And they wouldn't be working on it until September 8th like the said they would be.

This makes 0 sense. Why then does Jonny say in the Billboard interview it's only 90% done? If it was finished we would have the tracklisting already. And they wouldn't be working on it until September 8th like the said they would be.

That makes 0 sense. So what Chris and Debs were lying? The Billboard interview was given when they played at UCLA, which you know was 2 wees ago. Just cuz it was published a couple days ago doesn't mean that still is the status of the album.

I only heard it over the phone...fabulous tune. "Paradise" is EPIC.

woa woa woa so your saying that you have connections with the band? i thought you were just speculating? youre not saying that your back cover art and tracklist is the real thing because then youd be trolling.

No, it wasn't the actual artwork - imagine how much work has gone into the sequencing of the songs. Well, that much goes into the artwork as well. It starts with a "sketch" and gets revised again, again and again. There are designers involved in the process... there were many ideas tossed around. Remember, the artwork can't be submitted until the tracklisting is finalized. If you know someone who told you what it looked like (and I don't know if it will in the end b/c they are sworn to secrecy), then you could "recreate" what you are told. That's all...

No, it wasn't the actual artwork - imagine how much work has gone into the sequencing of the songs. Well, that much goes into the artwork as well. It starts with a "sketch" and gets revised again, again and again. There are designers involved in the process... there were many ideas tossed around. Remember, the artwork can't be submitted until the tracklisting is finalized. If you know someone who told you what it looked like (and I don't know if it will in the end b/c they are sworn to secrecy), then you could "recreate" what you are told. That's all...

so who do you "know?"