🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Tracklisting

jeffmmhmm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Yeah and Sep 9th is earlier than Sep 12th :P

Yes it is but Sept 9 is on a friday and Sept. 12 is on a Monday. I think, if they tell us the TL on Sept. 12 when we can preorder MX and get Paradise, it will have more impact, and the press they get from it will result in more preorders and sales of Paradise.

You're still not listening when they said that stuff it was WEEKS ago. before the album was announced. And You're avoiding the fact that Debs said she listened to it as well. And it's not like Chris just said it an interview. IT'S POSTED ON THEIR WEBSITE. I think that's a pretty reliable thing to trust.

When has Debs said she's heard it? If you mean that tweet about tunes she listened to in sick bed, that was another band, I believe.

And, like you said, it was Chris who wrote it's finished. He's not known for always speaking entirely the complete truth... :P

I've been reading John Crawford's messages.

I've been in the same position and I think I can believe him, the way he 's telling you things...,at least I want to believe.

So maybe he's telling the truth.

I also give some credit to him, because the record is not finished, mixing process continues..., and he told it which is true.

I also want to belive him when he's saying that ETIAW is no to going to be in this album. For me, it'd be the best. EMI/Parlophone please don't make any pressure on that. Let the band decide...

Thanks Locust7 for believing... I don't even know if what I heard (and my friend doesn't know) are the final "mixes" of the songs. I never claimed to know any more insight than being on the receiving end of a cell call and hearing two rather cool and interesting songs that had cool twists and turns... please understand that there is disagreement in the sequencing of the songs (hence, the delay in actual back cover artwork and tracklisting).

"Paradise" has a chorus (unlike Charlie Brown), which is why I believe it was chosen over the latter song as the next single (even though CB is equally good for different reasons). I don't remember hearing the word "Paradise" in the chorus, though... damn, I wish I could hear it again. My friend won't tell me because he doesn't want to get in trouble... and I am pushing for some lyrics as we speak. But I am not claiming to know much...

I actually think "Paradise" had a different title until recently....

Maybe, many of the titles are album theme-related, so I can believe that subjected to change easily. But ASCAP has "Paradise" registered with also other songs, so if it changed it was months ago...

Thanks Locust7 for believing... I don't even know if what I heard (and my friend doesn't know) are the final "mixes" of the songs. I never claimed to know any more insight than being on the receiving end of a cell call and hearing two rather cool and interesting songs that had cool twists and turns... please understand that there is disagreement in the sequencing of the songs (hence, the delay in actual back cover artwork and tracklisting).

"Paradise" has a chorus (unlike Charlie Brown), which is why I believe it was chosen over the latter song as the next single (even though CB is equally good for different reasons). I don't remember hearing the word "Paradise" in the chorus, though... damn, I wish I could hear it again. My friend won't tell me because he doesn't want to get in trouble... and I am pushing for some lyrics as we speak. But I am not claiming to know much...

Concerning this, I think these two ones are fully or almost fully mixed as Billboard listened to them and also Phil tweeted about them.

Oh, and they've changed mixers, because Michael H. Brauer only participated on ETIAW Ep on "Major Minus" and "Moving to Mars", he won't be in the final stages on mixing because he's on holidays in Europe. Seems that the main mixers for the album could be now Mark "Spike" Stent, and also Dan Green and Rik Simpson.

I believe that changes in the Coldplay sound can be now be fully realised. "Spike" participated in the sessions for Radiohead's "In Rainbows", despite in the end it was Nigel Godrich (Radiohead's producer since "OK Computer") but his original ideas were for good in many of the cases, and also has worked with Bjork lots of times.

My main question about LP5 is why Brian Eno is not credited as a main producer this time, but as an additional composer and "enoxificator". What's been the problem? Lack of time because of his new album with Rick Holland ("Drums between the bells" which is real good) Disagreements with some approaches? Guess we'll never know... At least they're telling a lot of good thing about him and respect their ideas as if he was a master.

I believe that changes in the Coldplay sound can be now be fully realised. "Spike" participated in the sessions for Radiohead's "In Rainbows", despite in the end it was Nigel Godrich (Radiohead's producer since "OK Computer") but his original ideas were for good in many of the cases, and also has worked with Bjork lots of times.

My main question about LP5 is why Brian Eno is not credited as a main producer this time, but as an additional composer and "enoxificator". What's been the problem? Lack of time because of his new album with Rick Holland ("Drums between the bells" which is real good) Disagreements with some approaches? Guess we'll never know... At least they're telling a lot of good thing about him and respect their ideas as if he was a master.

By the way, Coldaply hasn't invented "enoxification" concept. Genesis (the band with Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins back then" also mentioned Eno on their "The Lamb Lies on Broadway" album for "enossification" on some musical treatments.