✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm pretty sure Charlie Brown will be the first single picked up from LP5

coldpatrix

... and here you could find why:

1. On Coldplay.com, a tag with 'Charlie Brown' was created some minutes ago (http://www.coldplay.com/newstags.php?tag=charliebrown). No other new songs have a tag;

2. They have filmed Charlie Brown for Jimmy Kimmel TV show... why Charlie Brown and not, for example, Us Against The World?

3. CHB on piano, CarKids and Cartoon Heart are all referring to Charlie Brown's lyrics

4. They usually play Charlie Brown with a special energy during lives, more than during the other new songs performances (they invite the audience to jump and to clap the hands)

5. Everything on the stage during Charlie Brown seems to be the new formula of this new era (lasers, spirals, everything is dark)

6. Will, in a recent interview, has confirmed ONLY Charlie Brown as a potential single and at the same time as a serious (pretty sure) candidate to be included into LP5

7. There's no reference into the song lyrics to Charlie Brown, like happened for Viva La Vida

8. It has had favourable reviews from a lot of people (on YouTube a lot of users are saying it's probably one of the best Coldplay songs ever). This will be the best way to promote LP5

9. It talks about 'rose'. LP5 was influenced by White Rose Movement

10. In Charlie Brown, Chris encourages Jonny in a more energic way than the other new songs

11. Will said something about this LP5: it tells of people who want to re-emerge. Charlie Brown tells so ('lost boys')

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Car Kids refers to a new song rather than the lyrics in Charlie Brown. The first 2 points are very good but the rest could be applied to just about any of the new songs. I think Charlie Brown will be the lead single from LP5. Out of the songs we've heard it's probably the most radio-friendly.

Yes Cleggy, but Charlie Brown mentions the 'car'!

Haha it does indeed. But in the last era there were 3 songs that said 'now my feet won't touch the ground.' And they were all different songs obviously.

... and here you could find why:

1. On Coldplay.com, a tag with 'Charlie Brown' was created some minutes ago (http://www.coldplay.com/newstags.php?tag=charliebrown). No other new songs have a tag;

2. They have filmed Charlie Brown for Jimmy Kimmel TV show... why Charlie Brown and not, for example, Us Against The World?

3. CHB on piano, CarKids and Cartoon Heart are all referring to Charlie Brown's lyrics

4. They usually play Charlie Brown with a special energy during lives, more than during the other new songs performances (they invite the audience to jump and to clap the hands)

5. Everything on the stage during Charlie Brown seems to be the new formula of this new era (lasers, spirals, everything is dark)

6. Will, in a recent interview, has confirmed ONLY Charlie Brown as a potential single and at the same time as a serious (pretty sure) candidate to be included into LP5

7. There's no reference into the song lyrics to Charlie Brown, like happened for Viva La Vida

8. It has had favourable reviews from a lot of people (on YouTube a lot of users are saying it's probably one of the best Coldplay songs ever). This will be the best way to promote LP5

9. It talks about 'rose'. LP5 was influenced by White Rose Movement

10. In Charlie Brown, Chris encourages Jonny in a more energic way than the other new songs

11. Will said something about this LP5: it tells of people who want to re-emerge. Charlie Brown tells so ('lost boys')

I agree that it should, and probably will be a single...but wouldn't it make more sense to say that ETIAW is most likely the first single? It was already released as a single and an EP and stands a fair chance at making the album. There's already a video, it has been the ending to the encore's of each concert so far and it too was featured on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

I think with it being such a strong song, Charlie Brown will almost definitely be a single form LP5 at some point but i'm not sure about just yet, i think they will have saved something not to play at the festivals and use that as the second or lead single.

This. :nod:

I'm betting we get Charlie Brown as the lead single and then another unheard-of song as the second--like what happened with X&Y and Viva, where the lead singles were good, but the second ones blew them away.

It should all EXPLODE tomorrow!!!!