✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm pretty sure Charlie Brown will be the first single picked up from LP5

coldpatrix

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the title Car Kids.. probably not the title of the album, as the title is "hard to spell", and the words 'Car' and 'Kids' are really elementary. still, it just feels to me like it's gonna be an amazing song, i just have this weird inkling for no reason at all and no evidence to prove anything, i just feel like it's gonna be huge! :D

Singles from LP5:

1.ETIAW

2.Charlie Brown

3.Hurts Like Heaven

4.Princess Of China

5.Us Against The World

and Major Minus will have a video for sure...

I Think...

Sooo...basically every new song we've heard so far? Haha.

It does seem like Charlie Brown will be the next single from the album given they played it specifically for Jimmy Kimmel and in essence the American media market. Now, I like the song, but I really don't think it's as strong as other singles in Coldplay's past specifically in lead up to an album being released.

ETIAW is definitely on the album and frankly comes off more uplifting and exhilirating than Charlie Brown - again, the riff is catchy in CB, but that's all there is pretty much (now viva - had strings rather than the traditional guitar, plus there were a lot of different string riffs along w/ atmospherics courtesy of Eno perhaps in that song, plus it had a chorus, and a great outro with universal whoa's that everyone knows and sings. In my place, had catchy riff, but had a great chorus that was very singable for everybody.

CB does not have that and there's not enough change in motifs/musical ideas to make it interesting enough to be a strong single, it's a decent single, but not that great - I really do hope they have 2 other quality A type of songs given that we've heard maybe half of the album already. If CB, HLH are considered the next singles then this album may not be another great one, but a decent one.

Viva as an album had some great singles - LiJ, Litii (which i consider a part of Viva, I can't believe they didnt' think that song was single worthy initially, and just made it an instrumental - sometimes I dont' understand these guys) Viva, Violet, Lost, Strawberry Swing, and even Death and All his friends was an amazing song that was single worthy.

I like these new songs - I think frankly the strongest ones r ETIAW and Major Minus out of the 5 or so we've heard. I don't think Major minus will be a single even though it shows another side of Coldplay most people don't associate w them namely, that they can rock out if they want to.

Anyway, will be interested to see the tracklisting and hope that they're other single worthy songs on the new album that we haven't heard (perhaps Viva level).

Can't wait.

^ It does seem as the next single.

Probably the 1st proper single of the album, and I agree with you , as much as I love CB is not a strong single type of song, but you should consider Coldplay singles are not that strong or dont chart that high ( except for VLV one).

But, maybe the studio version of CB sounds different .

ETiaw of all the songs we have heard is the most pop single song...

^ I've been searching for this. I can't find it anywhere! Not sure if it actually exists.

But it seems plausible, even though I think they probably have stronger material that would perform better in the mainstream.

Before A Rush of Blood came out, Coldplay was playing In My Place and Animals at concerts while they were still touring for Parachutes in later 2001 (according to Wikipedia). Obviously those didn't become the most popular Coldplay songs... well In My Place did, but later on it was found to be no match to Clocks, The Scientist and God Put A Smile Upon Your Face.

I can guarantee that there is material they haven't released yet that is stronger.