✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay & London Riots

fwise3

I was thinking about the London riots and how horrible it was when I thought to myself, "I wonder if Coldplay could stop this madness?" What if the boys pulled a Beatles and did this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT6325bmcsQ]Beatles Rooftop Concert - 1/3 - YouTube[/ame]

Personally, I think Life in Technicolor ii would be perfect for this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSovfzyx28]Coldplay - Life In Technicolor ii - YouTube[/ame]

Just a thought. Could be the stupidest idea ever :P

Um...yeah

If they'd got on a roof in the middle of those riots and started singing Life In Technicolor they would've been pelted with rocks.

Yeah, I don't think those rioters are people who listen to Coldplay, they probably think they're "gay" or whatever. :facepalm:

If they were gonna sing from the rooftops.... they need to sing this verse :lol:

Was a long and dark December

From the rooftops I remember

There was snow, white snow

Clearly I remember

From the windows they were watching

While we froze down below

When the future's architectured

By a carnival of idiots on show

You'd better lie low

If you love me

Won't you let me know?

If they were gonna sing from the rooftops.... they need to sing this verse :lol:

Was a long and dark December

There was snow, white snow

Clearly I remember

From the windows they were watching

While we froze down below

You'd better lie low

If you love me

Won't you let me know?

:laugh3:

Was a hot and bright August

There was smoke, black smoke

Clearly I remember

From the gound below they were watching

While we froze, up above.

You'd better lie low

If you love me

Won't you let me know? (By throwing rocks)

:laugh3:

Was a hot and bright August

There was smoke, black smoke

Clearly I remember

From the gound below they were watching

While we froze, up above.

You'd better lie low

If you love me

Won't you let me know? (By throwing rocks)

:D You one upped me:lol:

Seriously, I have friends and loads of family in London, it makes me angry and sad.

Oooo, I thought you meant that the London riots would spread here as opposed to just riots in general. As if we would riot at the same time because the UK are doing it. Anyway, Egypt and Syria were revolting with a rightous cause. The UK rioters are low-life criminals without a cause. That one criminal being wrongfully killed by police is no reason to destroy your own city and rob/attack people.

There probably would've been rioting if we failed to raide the debt ceiling last week.

And I don't think rioting would work here for very long. If it got as bad as the UK riots, I doubt the US would have any problem allowing rubber bullets to be fired and the use of hosing down the rioters.

Yes, and I was initially fooled into thinking that at least some of it was for a higher purpose - how wrong I was! But I agree - when people are economically disadvantaged and tempted by all the good they can't afford, some who haven't any scruples will try anything to get away with it. Criminal gangs roaming around are a sure sign of trouble, somehow that problem got overlooked! How did it? Are the Ivory Tower residents out of touch that much?

If Coldplay did that, I'm sure the rioters would just tell the band to STFU and cry a wa wa wa wa waterfall.

Yup. I agree with whoever said 'post of the year'! :lol:

I'm sure some of the rioters do listen to Coldplay. When that mob mentality takes hold, even good people can do bad things. Psychologically speaking, the same euphoria that has us all chanting 'Viva, Viva' for Coldplay moved the French to chant 'Viva La Revolution!'.

I'm just glad it's settling down, and I hope those I love there aresafe.

I highly doubt that.

LA riots when their teams lose...and when their teams win! If we would've defaulted on our loans, people would've been pissed.

Eh screw it, your right. I heard that somewhere and believed it. But I cant actually see that happening...although I couldn't have seen the UK riots coming either. People just riot for no reason, its unpredictable.