✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

It sounds like an Arcade Fire song IMO

TwistedPolitik

Guest howyousawtheworld

Same tempo and stuff. Big Arcade Fire fan as well (seeing them a week on Thursday!) but I have to admit, Hurts Like Heaven is just a much much better song than Keep The Car Running. It's great even! Fucking great!

We never denied that there is a strong Arcade Fire touch, yeah.

But as a Arcade Fire fan too I have to say that this song is much better than everything from Arcade Fire - but thats only a opinion of me.

There is the Arcade Fire DNA, yes.

i honestly do believe you have lost your fucking mind by saying that....Hurts Like Heaven is NO WHERE close to overpowering any Arcade fire song...i know you have problems hearing music...but damn man...really :inquisitive:

i honestly do believe you have lost your fucking mind by saying that....Hurts Like Heaven is NO WHERE close to overpowering any Arcade fire song...i know you have problems hearing music...but damn man...really :inquisitive:

And I honestly believe that you can't read. :shocked2:

After that sentence I wrote "But thats only my opinion".

You can believe that Arcade Fire make better songs, your opinion don't mean anything for me.

Maybe you should go back to school and learn how to read?!

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'm sorry but "any" Arcade Fire songs? It's better than most in my opinion. Arcade Fire are great, but I don't think they're so great where you'd choose to listen to every Arcade Fire song over Hurts Like Heaven. For a start no Arcade Fire song has the beat and momentum or poppy nature HLH. I know Coldplay have their fare share of fanboys/fangrils, but I never knew Arcade Fire had them as well as shown by your post!

YES!

First thing I said when I saw it on tele at Glasto was Arcade Fire. It's no secret they're admirers.

As for the KtCR Vs HlH... They're entirely different songs. I'd say Keep the Car Running meets Ready to Start is a perhaps a sharper comparison.

But as a Arcade Fire fan too I have to say that this song is much better than everything from Arcade Fire - but thats only a opinion of me.

oh my god. Even if it's an opinion, you're saying this about a live song :facepalm: you don't even know how the studio version sounds like.

^So? He meant that this song, in it's current state as far as he or any of us have heard, is in his opinion better than any Arcade Fire song. Maybe later he'll revise that to "HLH live is better than any arcade fire song" but I really don't think it matters that we don't have a studio version yet...

Just saying, not trying to be rude or anything :D

oh my god. Even if it's an opinion, you're saying this about a live song :facepalm: you don't even know how the studio version sounds like.

Thanks JackZ.

You don't want understand that there are people who like the new stuff, right, Lore? :inquisitive:

Yeah I do, but I only do it when people use decent reasons :nod:. You said that a live song, a song we've never heard in its studio version is better than any song of a very successful band (and a great band). It just sounds blind!

^So? He meant that this song, in it's current state as far as he or any of us have heard, is in his opinion better than any Arcade Fire song. Maybe later he'll revise that to "HLH live is better than any arcade fire song" but I really don't think it matters that we don't have a studio version yet...

He just said that the song is better than any AF song, we can put words on his mouth

And yeah, no problem

Yeah I do, but I only do it when people use decent reasons :nod:. You said that a live song, a song we've never heard in its studio version is better than any song of a very successful band (and a great band). It just sounds blind!

That's what I was thinking too. :nod:

And I don't really hear much of a similarity. . .? Haven't really listened closely though.

He just said that the song is better than any AF song, we can put words on his mouth

And yeah, no problem

Come on, why you talk about live or studio versions. Until now we have not any studio version so why I should refer to them?

I think everybody knows that I talk about the latest versions we have - and there are only live versions.

Sorry, but it is so stupid!

Of course I meant that Hurts Like Heaven (of course the live version, because there isn't any other version of HLH until now) is better than any Arcade Fire song in my honest opinion - but thats a matter of taste and I always wrote that! Despite I'm a big fan of Arcade Fire and saw them live.

according to what you say you seem to be the kind of person who only knows Wake Up. Saying that you're a fan (and you said what you said after knowing more of their songs) only makes it worst :lol:. But well as you said it's just an opinion and I think it's dumb but again, that's an opinion too!

according to what you say you seem to be the kind of person who only knows Wake Up. Saying that you're a fan (and you said what you said after knowing more of their songs) only makes it worst :lol:. But well as you said it's just an opinion and I think it's dumb but again, that's an opinion too![/quote

No, Wake Up is just the best song from Arcade Fire to me. I prefer the older albums but as Coldplay I think Arcade Fire comes with the strength of the album, not so much single songs.

I really like to hear the albums in full length and in my personal opinion they are great.

But I have to admit, that I'm not a hardcore fan which loved the band from the first step.

The vocal melody and lyrical structure are ripped straight from LCD Soundsystem's "All My Friends." How does no one hear this?

You're right there. The similarities are uncanny.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2V_ZT-nyOs]LCD Soundsystem - "All My Friends" - YouTube[/ame]

Just skip to 1:54. Perhaps this is why they're considering leaving it off the album, it's not just similar, it's musically identical at some parts. If Hurts Like Heaven is ever released it could be as big as the ETIAW or Viva plagiarism claims, particularly from publications that don't like Coldplay. I don't think it's as obvious as Viva La Vida/If I Could Fly or ETIAW/I Go To Rio but it's very similar at parts.

Barely worth a plagiarism lawsuit. The note progression is similar in parts like "do you ever get the feeling that you're missing the mark" (HLH) and "with a face like a dad and a laughable stand" (LCD), but it's... honestly it's not noticeable for me. I'm not just saying that.

Now listen to "If I Could Fly" and "Viva La Vida"-- holy crap they sound alike. I can see why there was a lawsuit. But with this, there's not so much similarity! I recognize just that falling note sequence which- truthfully- is justifiably ubiquitous. It's an easy note progression any artist wouldn't have trouble making up (and Hurts Like Heaven seems to center around that note sequence whereas All My Friends' song structure doesn't). The Viva La Vida lawsuit was much, much, much, much, much more valid in comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember hearing that LCD song and I swore I heard it before but I never did. Then I realized it was Hurts Like Heaven.

Oh well. May be similar, but they are two totally different songs. Both really good :D Hurts Like Heaven MO MO BETTA THO.