✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Lyrics?

danmets21

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm, whut?

If that is a Coldplay lyric... I think Chris has been taking writing lessons from Guiding-Light stylee Matt Bellamy.

Jus' sayin'.

haha very true. Reminds one of good ol' Muse. [:

I like the lyrics of the first one. But they don't sound like something Chris would write. And I'd have to second the prevailing sentiment here. They sound like someone's poetry. Too forced in the rhymes.

These aren't Coldplay lyrics. They're too... amateur, and there's a sickening amount of references to Space (since whoever made it obviously believed that using Space themed lyrics would gain their hoax some credibility a la "Moving To Mars"). In my opinion, it's more an issue of an overly eager Coldplay fan having far too much spare time on their hands.

The Lyrics i posted was made by me, when i was 12 no joke or troll. :P

I tried to see how you guys react when you see some random Lyrics and you acted quite as i wanted you guys to.

Nevertheless the one who posted the lyrics isn't you, I like the lyrics.

Don't know why you said something like that, because obviously nobody here is fan of Coldplay because of the lyrics...

...I enjoyed them, no matter if they are from Coldplay or anybody else.

Nevertheless the one who posted the lyrics isn't you, I like the lyrics.

Don't know why you said something like that, because obviously nobody here is fan of Coldplay because of the lyrics...

...I enjoyed them, no matter if they are from Coldplay or anybody else.

What?

You think i troll or what?

Wow, thanks for all the harsh words everyone. I wrote them for a creative writing class quite a while ago, so no I'm not "influenced" by non-existant space themes. For those of you that enjoyed them...thank you. For those that didn't...I'd LOVE to see you make a better attempt. Here's my second song. It's called Vincent And I.

I remember waking up, and watching you, sitting next to you.

Lying there atop the cool, soft sand,

Wanting to reach over and hold your hand.

Darling, through all the ages and all the times

I’d never seen such big, green eyes.

You twinkled on the beach and gave off light,

As we gazed into the starry night.

Oh Starry Night! Oh Starry Night!

Vincent would be proud beneath this starry, starry night.

Blue swirls crowd up the skies

In the places where we’d see the eyes

Of all the people and the passerby’s in the town below.

Church steeples tower in the night, lighting

Up the day of townspeople kept out of sight

And I miss you so, while I look at your imprint in the sand

Blown away by the times of the land,

And I think of that one starry, starry night.

Oh Starry Night! Oh Starry Night!

Vincent would be proud beneath this starry, starry night.

The clouds they swell, the kids all dance,

The shops alight, and I think of you,

I think of you, I dream of you

Beneath this starry, starry night.

Mr. Van Gogh and I walk, beneath this starry, starry night.

Wow, thanks for all the harsh words everyone. [...] For those that didn't...I'd LOVE to see you make a better attempt.

I'm not one of those who reviewed your lyrics negatively, because I simply didn't bother to read them.

However, I do not understand why people always expect critics to be better than the artists.

Why should they be? Everyone is entitled to say what they like and don't like,

and no one requires special songwriting ability to be able to say this.

For your own sake, don't reject negative critiques simply on the basis that 'they can't do any better' ... it's just wrong.

Wow, thanks for all the harsh words everyone. I wrote them for a creative writing class quite a while ago, so no I'm not "influenced" by non-existant space themes. For those of you that enjoyed them...thank you. For those that didn't...I'd LOVE to see you make a better attempt. Here's my second song. It's called Vincent And I.

Those were your lyrics? :P

Well I, for one, enjoyed them. They sounded like a cross between Coldplay and Muse (definitely not a bad thing).

Wow, thanks for all the harsh words everyone. I wrote them for a creative writing class quite a while ago

I don't understand... If you wrote the lyrics yourself then why did you open this thread leading people to believe they were coldplay's lyrics?? You wonder why people give harsh responses. I thought the lyrics were good, but the fact that they have nothing to do with the band makes this thread quite annoyingly frivolous. Next time, just open up thread saying that you wrote the lyrics in a class, rather than spreading false rumors that they could be a new cp song

I'm not one of those who reviewed your lyrics negatively, because I simply didn't bother to read them.

However, I do not understand why people always expect critics to be better than the artists.

Why should they be? Everyone is entitled to say what they like and don't like,

and no one requires special songwriting ability to be able to say this.

For your own sake, don't reject negative critiques simply on the basis that 'they can't do any better' ... it's just wrong.

I'm sorry? "It's just wrong"? I'm not rejecting negative critiques, but it's just funny that the majority of naysayers don't have an inch of ability to do better than what they judge. "Don't judge lest ye be judged."

I don't understand... If you wrote the lyrics yourself then why did you open this thread leading people to believe they were coldplay's lyrics?? You wonder why people give harsh responses. I thought the lyrics were good, but the fact that they have nothing to do with the band makes this thread quite annoyingly frivolous. Next time, just open up thread saying that you wrote the lyrics in a class, rather than spreading false rumors that they could be a new cp song

Whatever dude, just having a little fun, I thought it'd be an interesting experiment to see what people thought, so lay off.

Really? Can't we just ban people like this. Some loser comes over here saying he had Coldplay lyrics and lied just because he wanted to see what people though of his own lyrics. Then after wasting our time and being a jerk he gets mad at us because his lyrics suck and we didn't like them. What a loser/jerk. I don't know that I can write better than that but who cares? I agree with Hux90, if critics could write beautiful songs they would, but they can't and are there to judge songs, which in this case sucked. Same with that second song about Vincent or something...

And if you want to be reviewed on your lyrics realistically, don't say they're the lyrics of the biggest band in the world, they tend to be judged more harshly in that case than if it's just an amatuer's writing.

I think I dislike this guy more than Coldplayer1317, but they're both losers. Loser. With sucky lyrics.

I hope this hurt his feelings :phu:

Really? Can't we just ban people like this. Some loser comes over here saying he had Coldplay lyrics and lied just because he wanted to see what people though of his own lyrics. Then after wasting our time and being a jerk he gets mad at us because his lyrics suck and we didn't like them. What a loser/jerk. I don't know that I can write better than that but who cares? I agree with Hux90, if critics could write beautiful songs they would, but they can't and are there to judge songs, which in this case sucked. Same with that second song about Vincent or something...

And if you want to be reviewed on your lyrics realistically, don't say they're the lyrics of the biggest band in the world, they tend to be judged more harshly in that case than if it's just an amatuer's writing.

I think I dislike this guy more than Coldplayer1317, but they're both losers. Loser. With sucky lyrics.

I hope this hurt his feelings :phu:

Wow...I apologize to anyone that got offended by an innocent post. I apologize if you think I'm a loser. That's your opinion, and having posted over 1000 things on this website you definitely have more say than I do. Censorship on a music appreciation site...wow, do whatever you have to do, it honestly doesn't matter to me. I'll continue toward my BA without anymore hesitation.

Ok, couldn't care less. I know I was harsh and I don't mean most of what I said, but I was trying to make a point; don't be a jerk.

If you have trouble with this then here's a helpful tip. If you're lying to benefit yourself while dissappointing others, you're being a jerk. So don't do that type of thing...yeah....

Ok, couldn't care less. I know I was harsh and I don't mean most of what I said, but I was trying to make a point; don't be a jerk.

If you have trouble with this then here's a helpful tip. If you're lying to benefit yourself while dissappointing others, you're being a jerk. So don't do that type of thing...yeah....

I couldn't care less. Persecute the guy that promoted his band on the forum also. If this is a waste of your time why are you visiting the forum to begin with? To me, talking with people on here is fun, and to be frank, you've ruined that for me. Ban everyone on here having a good time while youre at it. If you're having trouble with this here's a tip: Don't be an asshole to people and maybe you won't have to spend your (obviously) precious time writing thousands of useless remarks and comments.