✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anticipation

danmets21

Can't wait to hear it on vinyl. I loved Viva on it, you could hear so many sounds that weren't audible on the mp3/ CD formats.

You know this is BS, don't you? CD and vinyl has nowadays the same digital master. So you can't hear nothing dramatically different and all differences comes from your audio system. Moreover, if I remember correctly, Viva has average vynil recording, I read people complaint about it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know this is BS, don't you? CD and vinyl has nowadays the same digital master. So you can't hear nothing dramatically different and all differences comes from your audio system. Moreover, if I remember correctly, Viva has average vynil recording, I read people complaint about it.

I guess it's the thought of listening to a vinyl LP that counts. I love vinyl just for the sake of it.

Smartphones?

The problem is that I have these weird things called classes I have to go to in the mornings, and labs to go to in the afternoons.

That's how my college works at least. Or at least its chemistry dept.

Damn you, science.

I can't wait to listen to the CD in my car for the first time. For some reason that's where I like listening to music the best. All that sound contained in such a small place. Though sometimes when I wear headphones and listen I do feel like I pick up on different sounds.

The problem is that I have these weird things called classes I have to go to in the mornings, and labs to go to in the afternoons.

That's how my college works at least. Or at least its chemistry dept.

Damn you, science.

Ahhh good ole' labs. I'm an english education major, so I'm thankfully done with math and science courses. I don't mean that I check while actually in class though, just that having a smartphone allows me the opportunity to check whenever and wherever I am.

If I can't hear nothing dramatically different then doesn't that mean that I can hear EVERYTHING dramatically different? lol just messing. I agree that it is probably the idea of pulling out the LP, turning the needle and listening in all it vinyl glory that gets me going, but I swear that if you turn up the volume enough you're able to hear instruments and tiny, subtle nuances that I couldn't hear on other formats...either that or the speakers in my car aren't very good (doubt it though, because when I listen to Coldplay, I blast it lol).

Im glad I have a smart phone and can check whenever I have a chance! :D

And I also love listening to a cd for the first time in a car :)

I don't know but there's just something so enjoyable about putting on a cd instead of just playing an mp3.

I love that I still have my AROBTTH CD that I bought back then when it came out, and when I play it....it's just so special :heart:

So wait a minute - If it's released in the UK on Oct. 24 and in the US on Oct. 25 does that mean that we American types are going to have to spend one whole day seeing/hearing the UK folks rejoicing over MX while we don't have it yet? Will we have to avoid CPing so our first listen won't be spoilt? This may drive me all the way crazy.

So wait a minute - If it's released in the UK on Oct. 24 and in the US on Oct. 25 does that mean that we American types are going to have to spend one whole day seeing/hearing the UK folks rejoicing over MX while we don't have it yet? Will we have to avoid CPing so our first listen won't be spoilt? This may drive me all the way crazy.

Correct. If you decide not to listen to a leak.

Damn you, Europe! :D

For once we europeans get something first. Boo-hooo...I have lost count of the times I am getting to see things after they were released in the USA.

Mylo Xyloto in the News

So imagine my surprise and excitement when I flipped open the "Living" section of my local newspaper and found a very cute picture of Chris grinning out at me!

Coldplay was featured in a roundup article (reprinted from USA Today), a fall music preview of upcoming releases. MX was featured along with releases by Mary J. Blige, Tony Bennett, Kelly Clarkson, Miranda Lambert, Lou Reed and Metallica, Lady Antebellum, and Superheavy - not too shabby.

Here's a transcript of the Coldplay portion of the article.

Coldplay, Mylo Xyloto (Oct. 24)

Outline: For their first album since 2008's double platinum Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, the British quartet brought on producers Brian Eno, Markus Dravs, Daniel Green and Rik Simpson, and is reported dto have adopted an industrial rock/electro-pop sound. The group has revealed that it's pronounced my-lo zy-letoe but has been mum on its meaning, setting up a flurry of Internet speculation.

Outside the lines: First single "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" has racked up 583,000 download sales, according to Nielson SoundScan. Second single "Paradise" follows Monday.

Outlook: This is a band that can cause a record company's stock to drop if it announces a delay, so expectations are through the roof. Reviews of the band's festival appearances this summer, where new songs were road-tested, have been mostly highly favorable.