✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Roadie Update!!! - Up in Flames and DLIBYH make the cut

bdevil89

Fix You is the only good song off of X&Y. That album is a mess, and it pains me to sayi t.

I've adored everything I have heard off Mylo Xyloto though, so I think it will end up fine.

By the way, I love the really simple lyrics of Fix You. It reads like a rough draft to a song, nothing is filtered and nothing is refined. It's raw.

I think X&Y has some good tracks. It just is, like you said, messy.

Fix you is AWESOME.

Talk is good.

I like White Shadows (especially the last minute or so when it's all atmospheric and ambient).

Swallowed in the Sea is alright.

Low is really good.

Kingdom Come is a classic.

But the problem with X&Y is that we have to do just that: Pick it apart. With the other albums (Viva is the best example), we don't have to skip around to find the best songs. It just works, listening all the way through. Same with Rush of Blood, same with Parachutes. X&Y is just a difficult listen because, unlike fans of or many other acts like Lady Gaga (who is talented but puts out really, REALLY long, messy albums), Coldplay fans are spoiled (and better :smug:)and expect something clean, organized and cohesive.

Coldplay is a band that sells albums, not singles. X&Y did NOT fit into that philosophy.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think X&Y has some good tracks. It just is, like you said, messy.

Fix you is AWESOME.

Talk is good.

I like White Shadows (especially the last minute or so when it's all atmospheric and ambient).

Swallowed in the Sea is alright.

Low is really good.

Kingdom Come is a classic.

But the problem with X&Y is that we have to do just that: Pick it apart. With the other albums (Viva is the best example), we don't have to skip around to find the best songs. It just works, listening all the way through. Same with Rush of Blood, same with Parachutes. X&Y is just a difficult listen because, unlike fans of or many other acts like Lady Gaga (who is talented but puts out really, REALLY long, messy albums), Coldplay fans are spoiled (and better :smug:)and expect something clean, organized and cohesive.

Coldplay is a band that sells albums, not singles. X&Y did NOT fit into that philosophy.

Yes, Talk, Till Kingdom Come and Swallowed in the Sea are good songs. But are they songs I want to listen to over and over again? Are they songs that make me feel blessed to have Coldplay in existence? Nope. They're just okay songs I don't mind to listen to. I can't stomach Low and White Shadows.

Fix You is the only good song in my opinion. By "good song" i mean good song by Coldplay's standards.

X&Y is, without a doubt, the most I've ever been disappointed in an album. It's rotten, it's messy and it's all over the place. And whilst X & Y was being made and performed, Coldplay went through a rough patch themselves and fell apart a bit.

This is no coincidence at all. The album reflects that.

Thankfully they hit back with Viva and the rest is history. They're amazing.

Yes, Talk, Till Kingdom Come and Swallowed in the Sea are good songs. But are they songs I want to listen to over and over again? Are they songs that make me feel blessed to have Coldplay in existence? Nope. They're just okay songs I don't mind to listen to. I can't stomach Low and White Shadows.

Fix You is the only good song in my opinion. By "good song" i mean good song by Coldplay's standards.

X&Y is, without a doubt, the most I've ever been disappointed in an album. It's rotten, it's messy and it's all over the place. And whilst X & Y was being made and performed, Coldplay went through a rough patch themselves and fell apart a bit.

This is no coincidence at all. The album reflects that.

Thankfully they hit back with Viva and the rest is history. They're amazing.

I guess we all have our opinions! But we all know that Coldplay kicks ass.

"Yes" is one of my favorite Coldplay songs. It's just so bold. And "Fix You" obviously is spectacular. But I agree about X&Y as a whole: It is quite messy. That's why I'm hoping for a shorter, textured album similar to Viva this time around.

To continue the X&Y debate:

Awesome songs: Swallowed In The Sea, Fix You, Talk, A Message, Gravity (yes, it's a b-side but I honestly think it's one of Coldplay's best songs :wacky: and it should have been on the album)

Songs that aren't too bad: Speed of Sound, White Shadows, Twisted Logic, Square One, 'Til Kingdom Come

Songs that could have been left off: X&Y, What If, Low

To continue the X&Y debate:

Awesome songs: Swallowed In The Sea, Fix You, Talk, A Message, Gravity (yes, it's a b-side but I honestly think it's one of Coldplay's best songs :wacky: and it should have been on the album)

Songs that aren't too bad: Speed of Sound, White Shadows, Twisted Logic, Square One, 'Til Kingdom Come

Songs that could have been left off: X&Y, What If, Low

I really like "Low," but the other two I'd agree with.

Gravity is also great!

Again, X&Y is really the only album where anything could have been left out. I can't picture any other Coldplay album with any different tracklisting. Ever. They're basically perfect!