✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Roadie Update!!! - Up in Flames and DLIBYH make the cut

bdevil89

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

john_crawford44 never heard any Mylo Xyloto song. It is impossible.

Welcome to....a month ago?

I dunno. Who cares? Even if he is making that crap up, and is a troll, just don't talk about him. That's what trolls want you to do.

Rafael, will you please stfu about Coldplayer1317?

I mean, you're the only one who's still going on about him, and no one gives a ****

because he was banned over a month ago.

:nod:

Anyway, as we all agree he was SUPER annoying, he would want this forum to still be talking about him. People like him feed off of that kind of crap. :\

If "Up in Flames" and "DLIBYH" are as good as mentioned, this is setting up to be a great album. No duds on this one... and really, hard to pick a dud on any album but some albums of theirs flow better than others. I like most of the songs on X&Y, but it isn't an album I listen to straight through anymore, while AROBTTH just seems to be a template for a perfect tracklisting (IMHO). VIVA LA VIDA had a somewhat disjointed flow to it, but the back four songs made up for it for me. I think of "Major Minus" to be the "Cemetaries of London" for this record... a good song but not one I put as a favorite (yet I really like every now and then).

^ :awesome:

Although for the record, I think Viva has the best flow of any album I've heard :P

Agreed!

In my opinion, their only true "dud" was on X&Y. I hate "The Hardest Part." And it doesn't really fit with anything else, in my eyes.

Viva was just so cohesive, focused and textured. It's really hard for me to listen to any one song. I have to listen to them all! :P

^ :awesome:

Although for the record, I think Viva has the best flow of any album I've heard :P

It's a tough one to dissect... only because of the hidden songs and the fact that most of the songs are collages. I love all of them, but for fun debate I put it in this order:

01 AROBTTH

02 VLVODAAHF

03 Parachutes

04 X&Y

Sh*t, they are all good.

Agreed!

In my opinion, their only true "dud" was on X&Y. I hate "The Hardest Part." And it doesn't really fit with anything else, in my eyes.

Viva was just so cohesive, focused and textured. It's really hard for me to listen to any one song. I have to listen to them all! :P

Great call on "The Hardest Part". I do hear that in supermarkets every now and then, but I skip that one, too.

Agreed!

:nod: Yep, although for me it's X&Y more often than 'The Hardest Part'. Man, if they had put the acoustic version of THP on the album then it would have been so amazing :wacky:

Although I'll sometimes skip over Green Eyes also :curtain::

Not to beat a dead horse, but I can't wrap my head around "Every Teardrop" and I am hoping that it "fits" within the album and compliments it... otherwise, I'll be skipping that one, too—the worse thing about getting all this music "spoonfed" to us is possibly having heard the majority of it before it gets released.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I can't wrap my head around "Every Teardrop" and I am hoping that it "fits" within the album and compliments it... otherwise, I'll be skipping that one, too—the worse thing about getting all this music "spoonfed" to us is possibly having heard the majority of it before it gets released.

:nod: Yep, although for me it's X&Y more often than 'The Hardest Part'. Man, if they had put the acoustic version of THP on the album then it would have been so amazing :wacky:

Although I'll sometimes skip over Green Eyes also :curtain::

I just love THP so much :bigcry:

Both versions,but album version is :smug:

Musically=fairly strong. Lyrically=one of their weakest efforts ever. So. Yeah. but that's just my opinion.

I can see that :nod:

But I think X&Y (the whole album) isn't very lyrically strong. Save for "White Shadows" and "Low." But that's just what I think.

Lyrics aren't the only things that make songs really good. "Fix You" is an awesome song (one of my favorites), especially live, but the lyrics on paper are really basic and a little drab. :thinking:

But I think X&Y (the whole album) isn't very lyrically strong. Save for "White Shadows" and "Low." But that's just what I think.

Lyrics aren't the only things that make songs really good. "Fix You" is an awesome song (one of my favorites), especially live, but the lyrics on paper are really basic and a little drab. :thinking:

True. But I would argue "Talk", "Speed of Sound" and "Til Kingdom Come" are pretty good too in terms of wording.

And that's a good point. Coldplay were never known for their lyrics. "Fix You" is beautifully simplistic. It works well. Speaking of that, I do expect "Up in Flames" to be a lot better though. Lyrically at least. And the BASS part as well. Can't wait for thattttt!

Fix You is the only good song off of X&Y. That album is a mess, and it pains me to sayi t.

I've adored everything I have heard off Mylo Xyloto though, so I think it will end up fine.

By the way, I love the really simple lyrics of Fix You. It reads like a rough draft to a song, nothing is filtered and nothing is refined. It's raw.